Adventure:A Jaz of all Trades (DM:Luinnar Judge: H.M.Gimlord).

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION], haha, I meant to push the cube 2 squares west. I actually couldn't have pushed it east, since east = towards me = illegal push.

Luinnar

First Post
OOC: @Luinnar , haha, I meant to push the cube 2 squares west. I actually couldn't have pushed it east, since east = towards me = illegal push.
GM: Woops missed the pushed part. Either the cube can stay where it is or it can be 4 squares west of where it is now with the same melee party arrangement. We'll just say everything was valid last turn either way to make things easier. :)

Which do you prefer?

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION], after any retcon due to push, I think dazed creatures can't grab, so the cube can't hold onto us at the moment...

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
GM: Woops missed the pushed part. Either the cube can stay where it is or it can be 4 squares west of where it is now with the same melee party arrangement. We'll just say everything was valid last turn either way to make things easier. :)

Which do you prefer?

OOC: If everyone is going to get sucked into the cube anyway, may as well leave it where it is.

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: It was pushed, and knocked prone, and dazed. Were all of these factored in? Even if it is allowed to grab everyone (and hits, with dazed/prone penalty), it should still be prone and dazed, setting up CA.

Brenn can attempt a slide 2 to break its grabs, if people want.

Luinnar

First Post
GM: I'll redo the cube's turn since I forgot about the grab rule. :)

The cube lashes out at Sir ExSixTen, the gloopy surface not even making a dent in the Warforge. The next attack hits home however, knocking a large hole in the Warforge's iron plating.

[sblock=Actions]
Cube: Slam vs Sir ExSixTen critical miss

Action point
Cube: Slam vs Sir ExSixTen crit :confused:
Sir ExSixTen is immobilized (save ends) and takes 43 damage.

save failed again.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Combatants]
Gelatinous Cube:Marked EONT, dazed save ends., prone, next time moves, prone, allies get CA and +5 to damage rolls against it SONT Quagmire.
HP:344/476
AC: 29, Fort: 28, Reflex: 26, Will: 26
Immune Gaze, Resist 5 Acid

Sir ExSixTen:70/116, immobilized (save ends)
Jax:89/89
Quagmire:82/82
Brenn:76/76
Andras:81/81, +1 AC and Ref EONT
Dorn:5+93/93
Uncle Jaz:91/91
[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]
The crypts are difficult terrain.

Creatures may be pushed into the hole and must save or fall through.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Uncle Jaz]
Backstab, Sneak in the Attack used.

Uncle Jaz (Male Kobold Thief)
Level 13 Elite Skirmisher Small
HP 91; Bloodied 46
AC
27; Fortitude 25; Reflex 29; Will 24
Speed
Saving Throws
+2; Action Points 1
Initiative
+17 Perception +19

Traits:
Sneak Attack

Enemies granting combat advantage to Jaz take an extra 3d6 damage once per round.

Masterful Action

When spending an AP with an attack power and with combat advantage against the target, Jaz can use his sneak attack against the target regardless of if he used it this turn.

Standard Actions:
(Note: Jaz does not have to reload his crossbow).
RBA: Custom Made Hand Crossbow • At-Will
Attack:
Ranged 5; +18 vs. AC
Hit:
1d8 + 8.

Standard Actions:
MBA: Dagger
Attack:
Melee 1; +18 vs. AC
Hit:
1d4

Move Actions:
Technical Trick • At-Will

Effect:
Jaz moves up to his speed and does not draw OA. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to him.

Trapmaker's Trick • At-Will

Effect:
No movement. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to Jaz. The next basic attack Jaz makes this round also causes the enemy to take a -2 to defenses until the end of Jaz's next turn.

Coward's Trick • At-Will

Effect:
No movement. Every enemy within 5 squares grants combat advantage to Jaz. The next basic attack Jaz makes this round also causes the enemy to take a -2 to hit until the end of Jaz's next turn.

Minor Actions

R Sneak in the Attack • Encounter
Effect:
Ranged 5 Until the start of Jaz's next turn the first ally's attack with CA that hits the target deals an extra 3d6 damage to the targeted enemy.

Shifty • At-Will

Effect:
Jaz shifts 1 square.

Free Actions:

Backstab • Encounter

Effect:
Jaz gains an extra +3 power bonus to hit and the enemy takes an extra 2d6 damage if it hits.

Triggered Actions:

It's a Trap! • Encounter

Requirements:
An enemy hits Jaz with a melee attack.
Effect (Immediate Reaction):
Jaz shifts 5 squares and makes an RBA against the target.

Skills
Acrobatics +20, Athletics +12, Dungeoneering +12, Insight +12, Stealth +20, Streetwise +12, Thievery +20

Alignment:
unaligned Languages: Common, Draconic
[/sblock]

Attachments

• cubebattle5.jpg
    cubebattle5.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 82

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I NEED THAT! Sir Exsixten shouts, diving into the cube and wrestling with it for the iron plate it just pulled off. The robot knight wrestles the giant goopy cube for several minutes before he pulls it free and holds it up victoriously. TRIUMPH!

OOC: Summary:
Sir Exsixten is in G8 at 7+70/116.
Cube is marked TenT.

Notes: *Enemies adjacent to Sir Exsixten and any other PC grant CA. *If an enemy fails a save against one of Sir Exsixten's effects, Sir Exsixten gains 5 THP.

[sblock=Actions]Move: -
Minor: -
Standard: Crushing Surge: 1d20+17+2(CA)=27 AC, miss, marked TenT, Sir Exsixten gains 7 THP.
End of Turn: Save vs Immobilize: 1d20=17, saved.

Immediate Actions(in order of priority):
*If Sir Exsixten is bloodiedReactive Surge + Amulet of Life: Sir Exsixten spends two healing surges, gaining 10THP+66HP
*If an enemy hits an ally within 2 squares of Sir Exsixten with a melee attack→Guardian's Charge: Sir Exsixten and the ally shift to each other's squares, Sir Exsixten becomes the target of the attack, and then makes an MBA against the attacker.
*If a marked enemy adjacent to Sir Exsixten shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include himCombat Challenge: MBA against that enemy

[sblock=Sir Exsixten's Statblock] Sir Exsixten, Male Warforged Fighter/Dreadnaught 11
Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 19
AC: 28, Fort:27, Reflex:22, Will:22 -- Speed:5
HP:7+70/116, Bloodied:58, Surge Value:33, Surges left:13/14
Initiative +6, Action Points: 1

Powers
: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike, Combat Challenge, Unfailing Resources, Hack and Hew, Sweeping Blow, Come and Get It, Guardian's Charge, Daring Shot, Warforged Resolve, Reactive Surge, Second Wind, Comeback Strike, Victorious Surge, Rain of Steel, Boundless Endurance
Items: Potion of Healing, Potion of Resistance x 1, Madstone x 3, Strikebacks, Amulet of Life, Dwarven Thrower, Dwarven Armor, Diamond Cincture, Werewolf Boon
MBA/RBA: +17(+20 OA) vs. AC, 1d12+10 damage and enemy movement is stopped and Sir Exsixten gains 5 temporary hitpoints.
Notes: *Enemies hit take cumulative -1 to AC(save ends) *Gain 5 THP when enemy fails save *Gain 10 THP on healing surge. *Reroll the first 1 on damage rolls *+2 damage with THP *Gain DR10 TsnT on AP *Gain 5+Healing Surges spent THP on short rest *Adjacent enemy grants CA if ally also adjacent to enemy[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Andras tries to shout out a warning to the warforged, but the words leave his mouth too slowly. So instead he calls out to Jax, "Cut this thing down!" punctuating his command with a well placed arrow. Naturally, Jax makes good use of the opportunity.

[sblock=Actions]Immediate Interrupt: When Exsixten is hit, I'll use Powerful Warning. The attack will still crit, but Exsixten gets to make a MBA against it. Miss

Standard: On My Mark vs Gelatinous Cube. Hits AC 33 for 27 damage. Jax can make a MBA with a +5 power bonus to the attack. Hits Reflex 40 for 44 damage, which I believe is cold and starts the cold vuln chain.
Move: Move to I13.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Andras's mini-stats]Andras genasi Warlord/Captain of Fortune 12
Initiative: +18 | Passive perception: 26 | Passive Insight: 26
AC: 27 | For: 29 | Ref: 26 | Will: 25
HP: 81/81 | Bloodied: 40 | Surge value: 20 | Surges: 9/9
Resist: 10 Fire
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
AP: 1 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +17 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +18 vs AC, 1d10+10 damage
Powers: Paint the Bulls-Eye, Direct the Strike
Insightful Warning, Staggering Shot, On My Mark, Lady Luck Smiles, Disciplined Counter
Relentless Wounding, Create Opportunity, Coordinated Assault
Firedeath, Inspiring Word (1/2), Shake It Off, Reorient the Axis, Unintended Feint, Favored Fortune
Rebounding Longbow, Boots of the Fencing Master, Feytouched Armor, Boar Tusk Helm, Legacy Undying

Skirmishing Presence:
When an ally who can see Andras spends an Action Point to make an attack, that ally can shift five squares before or after the attack.

Conditions:

[/sblock]

Remove ads