[Adventure]: A Knight in d'Argent Manor (DM: renau1g, Judge: Luinnar)

Walking Dad

First Post
Nathantiel Xiloscient (Protector Druid 7)

"Well, he knows how to make an impression." Nate whispers, staying back.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Nathantiel Xiloscient
Perception: 27 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 21 Will 21
Initiative: +17 (sense threat)
Hit Points: 61 / 61 Bloodied: 30
Temporary Hit Points: -
Resist:-
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 15 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
Encounter Powers: Nature's Growth, Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Charm Beast, Camouflage Cloak, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 2/2, Seed of Healing (seed), (Summoner's Staff - not in hand)

Condition:

[sblock=Berry Sheet]
Perception: 29 Low-light Vision
AC 23 Fortitude 19 Reflex 21 Will 21
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 30 / 30 Bloodied: 15

Conditions:
[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Malakai grins wickedly at the pathetic attempt at intimidation and for the first time that his team-mate would witness, the Tiefling lowers his hood, displaying his unusually spiked head and shoulders, and deep, crimson colored skin. Stepping forward, Malakai laughs at the hidden person.

"Do you really call that a threat? Threats are for cowards and weaklings. Promises are better. They show power and control. I'm not sure how familiar you are with Tieflings. If you are not, allow me to enlighten you to one prominent aspect of my kind...fire doesn't hurt us. Now, you may be wondering how that is relevant to the current situation. Allow me to enlighten you again. You see...my friends and I have been hired to retrieve the owner of this house, with permission to use whatever means were necessary. Now, I'm not sure just how fire resistant you are, but let me make you a promise. I promise that if you don't hand him over immediately, I will incinerate this house, watch as your flesh crisps in the unholy fires of chaos that I bring forth, and then merrily walk inside and retrieve him myself. So it's up to you. Spend the next few seconds of your life writhing in pain as your body turns to ash, or hand him over without incident. You have five seconds to make your decision."

To emphasize and expand on his promise, Malakai summons a ball of flame from one hand and makes it dance along his fingers as he unsheathes the dagger at his side. It's dark blade glows with a hungry, molten red heat.

"Well, that's a mighty big threat ye be making there boyo, even got some fancy magickal effects. The problem we've got is, even if we could get to the owner, and we can't, but let's pretend we could, we still wouldn't be doing that. You see, we've seen what he can do, and his friend, and well, let's just say that there isn't too much you could say that would be worse than that" the voice replies.

[sblock=Insight DC 15]
You can tell that despite the bravado, a quiver of indecision and fear has crept into the man's voice [/sblock]

OOC: Blasted dice rollers... Why do they always seem to double-roll on me!?

Malakai eyes narrow in anger when his attempt at bluffing his way past the voices fails.

"Then you are left with two options. You can choose to leave the manor and not look back, or you can stand in our way and die. You have two seconds remaining before we make your decision for you."

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
[sblock=Insight roll outside the manor]Insight roll: Total = 28. Natural 20, would you believe.[/sblock]

Lilli whispers, "We'll likely have trouble rescuing anybody from an incinerated house, but that aside, keep them talking; we might well be able to get them to leave without a fight."

Son of Meepo

First Post
Insight (1d20+7=11)

Tiring of threats being passed on both sides, Dina raises her hands still holding her spears and boldly steps forward.

"I'll not stay the hand of the devil behind me should you choose the path of violence. But come show yourself and peace may yet be an option."

Diplomacy (1d20+2=18)

Initiative (w/o Combat Leader) (1d20+9=10)

OOC: As discussed during the last adventure, you have 2 features potentially improving your initiative rolls. Dina's Combat Leader and Nathantiel's Sense Threat. Since you only get the racial initiative bonus from Senese Threat if you Initiative is lower than Nathantiel's Perception check, it is to your advantage to choose to apply that modifier before applying Dina's Combat Leader bonus.

OOC: Dina gets a total initiative of 14 factoring in Combat Leader and Sense Threat.

OOC: I'm actually not at all unhappy about rolling a 1 on initiative. Dina is waiting for them to make the next move, so it makes sense.

Last edited:

Malakai grins quite mischievously at the reference to him being "the devil".

Half-demon, actually...but at least she recognizes my power. I will need to remember that when I am sitting on my father's throne...

Malakai shifts his stance, preparing for the inevitable battle to come. Threats were being shrugged off on both sides, so the only thing left was to make good on his promise. Tapping into his link to the fiery elements within Chaos, he readied his blade for channeling.

OOC: Base initiative roll = 20. Which becomes a 24 with Combat Leader and Sense Threat if Nathantiel rolls a 23 or greater on his initiative.

Last edited:

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: Looks like the appropriate rolls have been made.

Artemis quietly waits to see the response to Dina's plea.

With barely a movement, his muscles tense and he prepares to charge into the manor.

[sblock=Initiative 23] Roll. That is without modifiers from Dina or Nathantiel. Seems like a waste of a 20. [/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
Lerrick quickly checks her belt of potions to see if they are all there, then waits to see what happens next,

ooc: no need to roll with all of these nat 20's :)

Walking Dad

First Post
Nathantiel Xiloscient (Protector Druid 7)

Nate uses his sharp senses to instantly spring int action as soon as something happens.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Quick Sheet]
Nathantiel Xiloscient
Perception: 27 Insight: 18 Low-light Vision
AC 23 Fortitude 17 Reflex 21 Will 21
Initiative: +17 (sense threat)
Hit Points: 61 / 61 Bloodied: 30
Resist:-
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Milestones: 0.0
Healing Surge: 15 Surges per day: 9 / 9
At-Will Powers: Fire Hawk, Magic Stone
Encounter Powers: Nature's Growth, Thorn Spray, Wind Wall, Charm Beast, Camouflage Cloak, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Summon Natural Ally 2/2, Seed of Healing (seed), (Summoner's Staff - not in hand)

Condition:

[sblock=Berry Sheet]
Perception: 29 Low-light Vision
AC 23 Fortitude 19 Reflex 21 Will 21
Initiative: +7
Hit Points: 30 / 30 Bloodied: 15

Conditions:
[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads