Adventure: A paladin in need (DM:Someone, judge: THB)

Someone

Adventurer
"Indeed, you're a better sight than devils or undead or another trap. But still I don't know what you're doing here, so don't come closer until you've explained what's your business in this tomb" says the man.

Tenchuu

First Post
"I do believe I asked you first. But, an honest man has no secrets, right? We're looking for some records, needed by a friend. And we believe the man who dwells here to have those records."

Someone

Adventurer
"Fair enough. I sense no deceit in you." replies, putting the flail away. "I'm Carel, and here's my older brother, Tragor, sons of the Danns family and of the temple of Apoli. We're in a bit of a situation here. We heard about some... suspicious activity here, and we stopped to clean the island. We destroyed the undead guarding the entrance, dealt with the traps and banished some devils, but when we found the lich, it was too much."

"It's not the first time we've found one such abomination, but this one is too powerful. He overwhelmed us in the first seconds and summoned a veritable army from the ground. They are behind this door"

Indeed behind the corner there's another massive double stone door. Keneeling before it there's another man, too of blonde hair and equipped with a gleaming chainmail. He's busy reciting some enchantment or prayer. Beside the doors, two candles spill a golden glow that you'd swear creeps over the door and into the crevices and spaces between the gates.

"So far we've them contained, but I'm afraid time runs against us. But, records you say? That's unusual."

Tenchuu

First Post
"Yes, records. The details are quite boring, but the short of it is this: in some far off lands, civil war brews, for no rightful heir is known, due to some missing records. The man who lives here is a known collector of such things. We suspect he has the records, and in finding them, we stop a war," Halleck said, "Some would call our work noble. Though, not nearly as noble as yours."

"I suggest we help each other. We help you with the Lich horde, and you help us to find these records. Do we have a deal?"

Someone

Adventurer
Carel shakes his head. "You don't understand. There's something evil and powerful under this rock, and that lich has tapped on it. I think he may be the man you are talking about. We can't defeat it, and no offense intended, I doubt you're going to make much of a difference."

"In any case, we found plenty of parchment and stuff in these rooms."
says pointing at the other doors in the area "And you lose nothing y checking them"

Tenchuu

First Post
"Silver, Joy, take a look," Halleck said, a bit suspicious, or perhaps just paranoid. "How long will the door hold for?"

OOC: DM: I just don't want to get tricked; but if this is you wrapping up the adventure, just say so, and I will stop with the 20 questions.

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: DM: I just don't want to get tricked; but if this is you wrapping up the adventure, just say so, and I will stop with the 20 questions.

OOC: Yes, I feel it's the best thing I can do. But feel free to ask as much as you want

"We once held alone the gates of the city of Slorda against a goblin horde for three days without rest. My brother can endure this for a long time, but I don't dare leave his side. When you return, could you contact the nearest temple of Apoli? they may be able to find some solution.

covaithe

Explorer
"Oh, how inspiring!" the silver-masked girl cries rapturously, clasping her hands over her bosom. "Noble warriors of the light, in a desperate stand against evil foes! It's just like my favorite stories. Which means you're sure to win in the end! Are you sure there's no way we can render aid unto you, in your noble plight?"

When she hears of the parchments, she sighs. "I suppose we'd better just take the lot of them, and hope that what our employer needs is there."

Rapida

First Post
"I'll insure the message is delivered to the temple, in the mean time is there anything else we can do to make this task easier for you?"

Someone

Adventurer
"I can't think on anything you could do other than make haste and pray to the gods." says Carel.

As you investigate the side rooms, you find they are archives much like the ones at the sides of the pit, but these ones hold important items. Many of them are protected by domes of glass covered by dust, others being too big for that are on top of pedestals but somehow kept clean. All of them look incrediby ancient, many valuable, and some even shine with a subtle light that to your trained eye means magic; however most of them look like they've not being touched in generations.

Other than that, many cabinets line the walls, protecting many thousand of documents of all imaginable procedences, most written in languages you don't recognize. At first you despair to find the ones you need, and hauling them all (even if the ones you need are actually there) would take a couple mules. However, the cabinets have small metal plates, incrusted in decades old dust, with some sort of code inlaid, that after some work you end discerning it's meaning; it's a classification system, and one quite intrincate.

With the help of the code you finally end the cabinet that holds the documents that are about Theotocopolis; they are a heavy bunch too, but easily manageable.

Remove ads