Adventure: A paladin in need (DM:Someone, judge: THB)

Someone

Adventurer
The group charges forward, assaulting the now lone devil and overwhelm him with quick and devastating blows. The creature growls, and summons another cruel iron spike. Waving it in an ample arc before him, he manages to make some space so he can do a quick throw at Brenwar. The iron shaft sinks on the paladin’s shield, the sharp point stopping just half an inch from his face.

OOC: Impaler is at 63 damage and bloodied, and at -2 to all defenses until the end on Joy’s next turn

[sblock=map]
paladin2-8.jpg
[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
The devil curses and summons yet another spike, turning his attention to Porphyria this time. Too late, because there's already a gout of foul-smelling liquid on it's way directly to the demon's face. The horrid creature falls to the floor, screaming, until Joy finishes it with a strike from his blade.

The more knowledgeable of you expected it to vanish, as summoned creatures from other planes do, but what's left of this devil instead stays here, bleeding.

"That's right. Fellow dweller of the infernal pits, I hardly knew thee. says the remaining devil. "This breaks my heart, but some gloating will help mend it. I'm here in all my being, a difficult magical feat as you may know. The wizard that did it awaits you further in - and I sincerely hope he renimates your guts and they strangle you. As powerful as he was, he didn't word his condition properly. Summarizing it, we were supposed to defend this place to the best of our ability and knowledge, until it was no longer possible to defeat you. Perhaps there was some hope to defeat you while my deceased colleague was alive, but it's clearly impossible now. And since the moving floor was hampering us as much or more as it did you, it was a sound tactical decision to stop it. Alas, I was wrong - what a surprise.

Now that the fight is lost, I'm allowed back home. Until other fools reach this room, it is. Until then, I wish you a long and painful death.

And when finishing these words, the gangly creature waves his long arm and dissapears, leaving just a trace of acrid smoke. The other devil's corpse vanishes too, and seconds after both doors open.

covaithe

Explorer
"Bah. We should have killed them both," the girl grouses. She finds a non-bloody corner and sits cross-legged on the floor, exposing a generous portion of pale thigh. "I need to rest a moment before we go on."

OOC: Dilemma: do I use 2 surges to get to full, leaving me only one surge left, or one surge (and maybe some extra healing from outside) and save 2 surges for later? Here's P at the moment:

[sblock=Porphyria]Porphyria Donnervale- Female Human Sorcerer 5
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC:18, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:20 -- Speed:6
HP:24/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges left:3/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
MBA +8 vs. AC, 1d4+2 damage, RBA +9 vs. Ref, 1d10+10 acid damage
Powers
Acid Orb, Blazing Starfall, Chaos Bolt,
Mists of Disarray, Flame spiral, Spatial Trip,
Ice Javelins, Sun's Illumination, Deathcut Armor, Lucky Charm

Properties:
Resist 5 necrotic, 5 poison, 5 cold. Ignore 5 points of cold resist.
Challenge-seeking dagger: 1d6 extra damage to enemies with max HP
[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
"I hate that the devil will be back to attack the next intruders, perhaps we should inscribe a warning on the entrances of the room for any curious explorers?"

Seeing his ally worse for wear, Brenwar approaches to offer Palladys' blessing, "Perhaps I can be of some assistance? Those wounds look severe and need tending." Assuming he gets consent Brenwar intones a prayer and lays his hands on the worse of her wounds.

[sblock=Lay on Hands]
Poryphia gets 19 HP back and I spend a surge.

Brenwar still has one Lay on Hands if anyone needs it due to being low on surges.
[/sblock]
[sblock=Stats]
Brenwar – Male Human Paladin 6
PC:Brenwar Holyshield (Rapida) - L4W Wiki

Initiative: +2, Speed: 5 Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 21

AC: 25 Fort: 18, Reflex: 18, Will: 20, Resist: 1/all

HP: 54/59, Bloodied: 29 , Surge Value: 15, Surges Left: 8/13

Action Points: 0

Feats of Note:

Whenever Brenwar spends a healing surge, he gains 3 resistance to all damage until the start of his next turn.

Whenever Brenwar uses a power that allows an ally to spend a healing surge or regain hit points as if she had spent a healing surge, that ally can use his healing surge value (15 HP) to determine the number of hit points gained.

OA Basic Melee Attack: +10 Virtuous Strike (Vanguard's Hammer) 1d10+5 Radiant Damage

Powers At-Will Powers:Divine Challenge, Ardent Strike, Virtuous Strike, Lay on Hands (1/3 Remaining)

Encounter Powers: Valorous Smite, Righteous Smite, Virtue, Channel Divinity, Deliverance of Faith, Swift Recovery, Heroic Effort, Second Wind

Daily Powers: Majestic Halo, Unyielding Faith, Magic Item Daily
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
Halleck's eyes widen for a split second as he watches Sliver in the corner. "Of course. You took a lot of hits in that fight, and I was quite impressed with your determination. You are a formidable ally, indeed."

Watching Brenwar, he said, "Alas, I should have been a Paladin."

OOC: I don't need any HS, so I'm good to go whenever.

covaithe

Explorer
The Starling smiles gratefully at Brenwar's touch, and winks at Halleck. "Thanks, that's ever so much better." She tucks a few wayward strands of hair back into place and stands. "Shall we continue?"

[sblock=Porphyria]Porphyria Donnervale- Female Human Sorcerer 5
Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11
AC:18, Fort:16, Reflex:17, Will:20 -- Speed:6
HP:43/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges left:3/8
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: not used
MBA +8 vs. AC, 1d4+2 damage, RBA +9 vs. Ref, 1d10+10 acid damage
Powers
Acid Orb, Blazing Starfall, Chaos Bolt,
Mists of Disarray, Flame spiral, Spatial Trip,
Ice Javelins, Sun's Illumination, Deathcut Armor, Lucky Charm

Properties:
Resist 5 necrotic, 5 poison, 5 cold. Ignore 5 points of cold resist.
Challenge-seeking dagger: 1d6 extra damage to enemies with max HP
[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
The door leads to another corridor section, this one distinctively different from the ones you've been through as it looks more as a place where to spend time or live. Or would, if time had not made it's passing so visible; an inch of dust covers the floors, mainly undisturbed except for some trails of footprints, some looking very recent and others almost faded. Cobwebs cover side doors in dusty masses, and combined with the game of light and shadows over reliefs on the walls and other decorations make the place unsettling rather than welcoming.

You don't spend much time on these details, however. Not far from here the corridor bends and from behind the corner a man appears, full clad in armor and holding a shining shield and a two headed flail which he swings ready for attack. He stops however the moment he has a better look at you.

"You were wrong. These are humans!" says speaking to someone you can't see.

Tenchuu

First Post
"You look a bit human yourself. My I ask your business?" Halleck said. "You seem surprised to see us; surprised in a good way, I trust."

Remove ads