Adventure: A paladin in need (DM:Someone, judge: THB)

covaithe

Explorer
"Oh, you mean you were summoned and bound to this place against your will? Or that you are unable to flee, because the way is blocked? How about this, then: we are willing to accept your surrender, provided that you tell us everything you know about this place, its master, and its defenses, and that as soon as you are able, you leave this plane, go immediately back to your home, and never return. If you try to hinder us or mislead us, you die. I think that's the best offer you're likely to get, considering your situation," she concludes.

OOC: Diplomacy 27, if that helps.

Someone

Adventurer
" How about this, then: we are willing to accept your surrender, provided that you tell us everything you know about this place, its master, and its defenses, and that as soon as you are able, you leave this plane, go immediately back to your home, and never return. If you try to hinder us or mislead us, you die. I think that's the best offer you're likely to get, considering your situation," she concludes.

"Your request is poorly worded and unfeasible for a number of reasons too long and subtle to discuss right now." says the devil "However I agree to this terms: As soon you dispose of my estimated colleague I'll have no choice but to stop my offensive, I will truthfully answer to any number of your questions and then, when you agree to not continue questioning me or one hour has passed since the last full question, I'll leave this place, to not return willingly in a period shorter of one hundred years and one day"

covaithe

Explorer
The silver masked girl reddens at the suggestion that her terms are poorly worded. "Tell you what," she snarls. "We'll kill the other devil, then decide what to do with you. If you want us to think about sparing you, stand aside and don't interfere. Make one funny move, and you die too."

OOC: I suppose that's in effect agreeing to his plan, but technically P hasn't made any kind of deal with him. Or that's what she'll tell herself, anyway.

Oh, and I don't mean to be dominating this conversation. Should I slow down so that other characters can get a word in?

Someone

Adventurer
The silver masked girl reddens at the suggestion that her terms are poorly worded. "Tell you what," she snarls. "We'll kill the other devil, then decide what to do with you. If you want us to think about sparing you, stand aside and don't interfere. Make one funny move, and you die too."

"I can't see much benefit for me. By your words you sound like you'll kill me anyway and just want to make things easier. Would you trust me with that sort of carte blanche deal?"

OOC:
Oh, and I don't mean to be dominating this conversation. Should I slow down so that other characters can get a word in?

OOC: I wouldn't worry about that. Also, looks like the thread could use the extra life.

covaithe

Explorer
"I can't see much benefit for me. By your words you sound like you'll kill me anyway and just want to make things easier. Would you trust me with that sort of carte blanche deal?"

"The difference is, you're losing. If you don't do something to demonstrate your good faith, you're going to die. Soon. What you get out of standing aside is the possibility that we may choose not to kill you. If you interfere, you will die here. If you stand aside, you may live. Do you want to live? Choose quickly." She raises her hands, magic at the ready.

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Back, but I want to see how this exchange plays out.

OOC: Actually I find increasingly difficult to to gather enough energy to continue with the thread. I can post as a player quite easily from work and it only takes me a few minutes, but I have the notes and such at home, where the lastthing I want to do is to start the computer again. As such, I feel I'm dragging the thread too much, not posting for days and holding your relatively high level characters where they could be at more active adventures, which isn't fair.

So if you don't mind it, we could continue the adventure, and I'd give myself another opportunity at reactivating the thread. Or if you want, we could find a way to wrap it up as neatly as we can.

Last edited:

Rapida

First Post
OOC:
If you aren't having fun feel free to give us an out. I know how much it sucks to run a game once you lose motivation for it.

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: Been there, done that, know how you feel. :) DMing is hard. I'm having more fun in the adventure, even slow, than I would be sitting in the tavern waiting, so I'm happy to continue... But I'll certainly understand and respect it if you want to cut things off, too.

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Agreed. I don't want to break up the band, but I won't be mad at you if you do.

As for GMing, it is really hard, but I would suggest only worry about the notes and such when you have to put together a combat post. For the NPC dialog and larger plot, I think it's safe to wing it. PBP takes such a long long time, any inconsistancy can be swept under the rug (since the PCs probably won't remember). That's just my two cents.

Remove ads