• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: A paladin in need (DM:Someone, judge: THB)

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=5656]Someone[/MENTION]
Did Joy's ready trigger when the walls moved? I'm just wondering if the health total in P's status line is before or after this healing? If it didn't trigger yet:

[MENTION=46559]covaithe[/MENTION] - You should add a move action to your turn so you are LOS of Joy, so her readied healing triggers on you.

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: You should add a move action to your turn so you are LOS of Joy, so her readied healing triggers on you.

OOC: Is there such a place? Looks to me like Joy is completely blocked off. If she can see through the cracks between columns, she probably could see me last turn. If she can't, I don't think I can reach her. Maybe if I'd intentionally failed and stayed on top of the column, but I didn't. Seems like it's too late to change that now.

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: This must be karma for asking for the miss. If P can move to H11 (not sure if its possible) and this still triggers the healing from Joy, there may yet be something good out of this turn. Otherwise, it's a waste.

Halleck feigns lowering his guard, but telegraphed his movement, and the mud monster easily dodged his attack. "I dare you to come at me again, ugly!"

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
[sblock=Action Block]
Minor: N/A
Move: Shift to D10 (+1 to AC/Ref)
Standard: Brash Assault

• Target1: Mud 4
  • Attack1: 1d20+11=12http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2999847/
  • Damage: 1d8+6=0 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2999847/
  • Effect: Against the target of this exploit, you gain a bonus to defenses equal to your Charisma modifier (+5) until the start of your next turn (due to Feat). The target can make a melee basic attack against you as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack. If the target makes this attack, an ally of your choice within 5 squares of the target can make a basic attack against the target as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack.
[/sblock][sblock=Halleck Stat block]Viscount Ambrose Halleck - Male Half-Elf Hybrid Warlord/Bard 6
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 20

Defenses:

AC: 23, Fort: 17, Reflex: 17, Will: 20 -- Speed: 5 (-1 Pen from armor)

Vitality:
HP: 46/50, THP: 8/8 Bloodied: 25, Surge Value: 12, Surges left: 6/9
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used
Languages:
Common, Elven, Goblin

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +11 vs AC - Harmonic Spellblade Longsword 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: N/A

Properties:
Always On: Resist 2 on Ranged and Area attacks
On Shift: +1 to AC/REF
On Second Wind: If bloodied, you can spend 2 healing surges

Powers:
At-Will:
Brash Assault, Vicious Mockery
Encounter: Righteous Brand, Inspiring Word, Majestic Word, Shout of Triumph, Diabolic Stratagem, Divine Challenge, Battlefront Shift, Boots of the Fencing Master Enc
Daily: Stirring Shout, Stand the Fallen, Heroic Effort, Canon of Avoidance, Dwarven Scale Healing, Harmonic Spellblade Boon,

Weapons:
Harmonic Spellblade Longsword +1

[/sblock][sblock=Halleck's Log]
Adventure Summary

Notes:
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
OOC:
Did Joy's ready trigger when the walls moved? I'm just wondering if the health total in P's status line is before or after this healing? If it didn't trigger yet:

No, it didn't. It's add another whole level of complexity to determine what walls move first or what the line of sight is while the floor is changing, so I'm determining LOS from the actual posted map.

You can't see through the corners between two blocks.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Joy continued her keening song, idly twirling her heavy blade as she waited for an opening in the shifting stones.

[sblock= OOC]
>I'm back out from under the pile of work.

>Only real action is to Ready a move action back towards the rest of the group if the stones shift to allow such a maneuver.

[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: sorry for the delay, as a side effect of sblocking actions I thought Tenchuu still had to post and I admit I lost track of the thread for a couple days.

While Brenwar and Tenchuu melee with the fel creatures, finally the wall of stone blocks dissapear in time to allow Joy join the fray. The mud monster is quickly dispatched and a barrage of attacks converge on the closest devil, severely wounding him. Brenwar closes, sunders the last summoned iron spike with a powerful hit from his hammer and raises it to finish him.

"Stop! don't kill me, I can help you and stop the room from moving." says the creature with disgusting voice. "Though, for that you need to agree to kill him" says pointing at the last devil, who snarls in incredulity.

[sblock=ooc]
Since basically not much happened last round and the situation at the end was the same, I took the liberty to roll another round with the same attacks as the last one you posted (except Porphyria used Acid Orb and Joy Misdirected Mark). This time the last mud lasher didn't hit anyone and finally died, and the closest Impaler was bloodied. Porphyria finally made her save against ongoing damage and cleared his face from the mud that was suffocating her. Joy is now closer to the main group.

I didn't post a map since what happens now depends on what you do with the devil's offer.[/sblock]

[sblock=status]
Brenwar: 5 damage, 13 THP, 4 HS spent,.
Halleck= 13 damage, 3 HS spent
Porphyria: 22 damage, ongoing 5 damage, Bloodied, 5 HS spent.
Joy: 5 damage, grants combat advantage, 3 HS spent
Impaler 1: 14 damage
Impaler 2: 64 damage, divine challenge by Brenwar.
Mud monster 1: Dead.
Mud monster 2: Dead
Mud monster 3: Dead
Mud monster 4: Dead
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rapida

First Post
"I prefer to not make any deals with devils. Neither of you are trustworthy."
OOC:
Not much to say really, Brenwar isn't going to be a fan of making deals with these guys

covaithe

Explorer
"We're going to kill both of you, foul demon," the silver-masked girl declaims, striking a dramatic pose as magic begins to coil up her arms again. "If you dare not face us, flee back from whence you came, and begone!"

OOC: Yeah, making deals with devils doesn't really fit P either, though if you're looking for a way to get out of this grind-y fight early, I'm willing to try to find a way to cooperate. :)

Someone

Adventurer
"We're going to kill both of you, foul demon," the silver-masked girl declaims, striking a dramatic pose as magic begins to coil up her arms again. "If you dare not face us, flee back from whence you came, and begone!"

"Fleeing may be a problem," says the devil "for reasons I'm not allowed right now to reveal. I can understand you may not trust me, but really, what do you have to lose?"

Remove ads