• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: A paladin in need (DM:Someone, judge: THB)

covaithe

Explorer
OOC: Joy is at I11, yes? She's kind of trapped there, if I read the map right. I don't think she has LOS to any enemies, or friends for that matter. I don't see how she can move anywhere except by jumping with a standing start. Maybe ready an attack, for when the blocks move so that she can see someone? Misdirected mark is her only at-will ranged attack that I see. Porphyria could use some of Joy's healing, but again, no LOE.

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: ready a healing of Porphyria?

ooc: that will do for now, I guess

[sblock= OOC] I am back, but still getting caught up. I got a big work project/deadline dumped on me when I got back, so I will be slow posting for a while (at least until May 9). Will try to keep up, but if you don't hear from me, please NPC [/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: Sorry for the delay and the combat. This isn't coming as interesting as I thought it'd be when I designed it

Fight is becoming increasingly confusing and this affects the heroe’s effectiveness. Brenwar charges forward, but his swing is easily dodged by the devil. At his side, Halleck magic all but destroys the last mud monster, but it stumbles forward and smack the valiant bard. The deafening sound of stone grinding against stone continues as the floor changes, and you realize you’ve been cut off Joy, who’s in the wrong side of the wall of stone blocks. Brenwar doesn't have much time to think on this. The hate filled devil summons a cruelly barbed, 6 feet long iron spike and throws it at him with otherwordly strenghth. Fortunately the champion is able to deflect it with his shield, and the hellish weapon just sinks several inches into the stone wall behind him.

[sblock=actions]
Porphyria continues to take ongoing damage, fails with her attack and then moves behind the blocks. I rolled the save for you; failed.

Brenwar charges, not provoking AoO because he has the badge of the berserker, fails to hit. I usually give dibs on the square you end for whoever posts first, but in this case it’d mess with Halleck’s actions (he can’t reach the mud monster with shout of triumph if not from C10), so I made you use the property of your boots of adept charging and shifted you to B10 after charging.

Halleck moves. He can’t en at C10 because that’s the square Brenwar moved to, so I settled him for C9 and uses shout of triumph. It’s a close blast, not a close burst, so you can’t affect both enemies, sorry. I’ll suppose from your post it’s the mud lasher, tell me if I’m wrong. Thoug the lasher isn’t dead yet, it’s very close.

Joy readies an action to heal Porphyria as soon she’s in line of sight.

Mud monster moves next to Halleck and attacks him, hitting AC 24 for 17 damage.

Impaler 2 steps away from Brenwar and uses barbed spikeagainst him, but just hits AC 20.

Last impaler, without line of sight to anyone else, just moves.

Floor continues moving without warning. Porphyria can make a save; if she succeeds, she ends at F13 at ground level. If she fails (or chooses to fail) she’s still at G13, on top of the block.

Just to clarify, the 4 pits are gone, but the first 5 block of stone that dissapeared the last round are back.

[/sblock]
[sblock=status]
Brenwar: 5 damage, 13 THP, Prone, 4 HS spent,.
Halleck= 13 damage, 3 HS spent
Porphyria: 28 damage, ongoing 5 damage, grants combat advantage, Bloodied, 4 HS spent.
Joy: 5 damage, grants combat advantage, 3 HS spent
Impaler 1: 14 damage
Impaler 2: 34 damage, divine challenge by Brenwar.
Mud monster 1: Dead.
Mud monster 2: Dead
Mud monster 3: Dead
Mud monster 4: 57 damage, Bloodied.
[/sblock]
[sblock=map]
paladin2-6-1.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
The Starling, after stepping hastily off a rising column of stone, puts her hands on her knees for a second, then straightens, a fresh gleam in her eye.

[sblock=actions]Thanks for rolling the save vs. ongoing damage for me. I don't know why I keep forgetting that. Wishful thinking, perhaps?

Before turn: Save to stay ground level: 18 succeeds. I'm not sure what square that puts me in; I don't think it matters much for this turn, but for future turns I'd prefer to be on this side of the wall. F12 or F13, maybe? My move action is available, if I need it to move there.
Start of turn: 5 ongoing damage. That puts her at 13/46, if I count right.
Standard: second wind. 24/46 now; not bloodied. +2 to defenses TSNT.
End of turn: save vs ongoing: Invisible Castle won't talk to me now, so I'll use the built in roller in a sec. Edit: fail again. :(
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Ah crap. Sorry about the mix up. Any way I can switch that to vicious mockery then, since it's pretty much a waste of my encounter power?

Rapida

First Post
Pursuing the evil creature, Brenwar lands a solid blow with his hammer. As the hammer connects, it imparts a weakness to divine power and bolsters Brenwar at the same time.

[sblock=Combat]
OOC: I think I still have 15 THP, since the fall never happened

Move Action: Shift to B9
Standard Action:
Virtuous Strike vs. Impaler 2 (1d20+10=25, 1d10+5=12)
Effect: Brenwar gains +2 on saves until SONT. The Impaler gains 3 vulnerability to radiant until Brenwar's EONT.
Minor Action: Null

Ongoing Effect:

[sblock=Stats]
Brenwar – Male Human Paladin 6
PC:Brenwar Holyshield (Rapida) - L4W Wiki

Initiative: +2, Speed: 5 Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 21

AC: 25 Fort: 18, Reflex: 18, Will: 20, Resist: 1/all

HP: 54/59 (15 THP), Bloodied: 29 , Surge Value: 15, Surges Left: 9/13

Action Points: 0

Feats of Note:

Whenever Brenwar spends a healing surge, he gains 3 resistance to all damage until the start of his next turn.

Whenever Brenwar uses a power that allows an ally to spend a healing surge or regain hit points as if she had spent a healing surge, that ally can use his healing surge value (15 HP) to determine the number of hit points gained.

OA Basic Melee Attack: +10 Virtuous Strike (Vanguard's Hammer) 1d10+5 Radiant Damage

Powers At-Will Powers:Divine Challenge, Ardent Strike, Virtuous Strike, Lay on Hands (2/3 Remaining)

Encounter Powers: Valorous Smite, Righteous Smite, Virtue, Channel Divinity, Deliverance of Faith, Swift Recovery, Heroic Effort, Second Wind

Daily Powers: Majestic Halo, Unyielding Faith, Magic Item Daily
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Sorry for the delay. I've had some computer issues.

So, I might be pushing my luck, but if I used Vicious Mockery, does that mean the mud's attack on Halleck missed?

Remove ads