Adventure: A paladin in need (DM:Someone, judge: THB)

Someone

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]Looks like I didn't explain myself well about initiative. I wanted to make clear the the undead wouldn't start combat by themselves, thus no surprise round for anyone since they were aware of your presence. Normally in a situation like this I would roll initiative normally; however I wasn't sure if you wanted to fight or try anyting else. This would require at least one more post rolling initiatives, etc; since I like to move forward my games as fast as possible I simply decided that if the undead rolled before you they'd holduntil you become hostile or advance beyond the allowed point. It's a net benefit for you, but worth enough if we make things move faster.

Now that Porphyria attacked, looks like we're definitely going to have a straightforward battle. The rest of you can act, then it's the foes' turn. Both minions nº 1 and 3 are dead.[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
Seeing that battle is going to be joined sooner rather than later, Brenwar charges into combat attacking the largest of the undead. As he charges headlong into another battle he whispers a prayer asking for Palladys' protection and is rewarded with increased vigor. His hammer crunches into the giant breaking off a large section of rib. A small silver owl begins flitting about the giant's empty skull marking it as Brenwar's target.
[sblock=Combat]
Start in I14
Use Halleck's Battlefront Shift to go to I12
Move Action:Move to I7

Minor Action: Virtue 15 THP, 3/- SONT

Standard Action: Charge the Large Skeleton (Badge of the Berserker protects me from any AoO's) Ardent Strike (1d20+11=25, 1d10+5=15)
Causes a Divine Sanction on the Giant until EONT
End in I4

[sblock=Stats]
Brenwar – Male Human Paladin 6
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/PC:Brenwar_Holyshield_(Rapida)

Initiative: +2, Speed: 5 Passive Perception: 16, Passive Insight: 21

AC: 25 Fort: 18, Reflex: 18, Will: 20, Resist: 3/all

HP: 59/59 (15 THP), Bloodied: 29 , Surge Value: 15, Surges Left: 12/13

Action Points: 1

Feats of Note:

Whenever Brenwar spends a healing surge, he gains 3 resistance to all damage until the start of his next turn.

Whenever Brenwar uses a power that allows an ally to spend a healing surge or regain hit points as if she had spent a healing surge, that ally can use his healing surge value (15 HP) to determine the number of hit points gained.

OA Basic Melee Attack: +10 Virtuous Strike (Vanguard's Hammer) 1d10+5 Damage

Powers At-Will Powers:Divine Challenge, Ardent Strike, Virtuous Strike, Lay on Hands (3/3 Remaining)

Encounter Powers: Valorous Smite, Righteous Smite, Virtue, Channel Divinity, Deliverance of Faith, Swift Recovery, Heroic Effort, Second Wind

Daily Powers: Majestic Halo, Unyielding Faith, Magic Item Daily
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
In his best Rodney Dangerfield, Halleck says, "Take my battlefront shift, Please!"

OOC:
Sorry, can't help myself. I should be able to post in detail this afternoon. I can't see the map from work.

Tenchuu

First Post
Halleck nodded to Joy's suggestion, and then watched Brenwar sprint off in to battle without them. "Orrr not,"Halleck said; then seeing Silver's awesome power from above, he added, "Wow. Star-crossed, indeed."

With a smile at the girls, he suggested, "A wider wedge?" Moving off to the left, behind Brenwar, he took aim at the undead with insults. "Slow and Ugly! What easy prey before us!"

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Start at G14, move to D9, Vicious Mockery

[sblock=Action Block]
Move: to D9
Minor: N/A
Standard: Vicious Mockery vs Big Skeleton (targets Will)

• Target: Big Skeleton (unless he has cover against my attack. If he does, target Legionary 3)
  • Attack: 1d20+10=28
  • Damage: 1D6+6=11 psychic damage
  • Effect: on hit, the target takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls TENT-Halleck
[sblock=ignore]
Against the target of this exploit, you gain a bonus to defenses equal to your Charisma modifier (+5) until the start of your next turn (due to Feat). The target can make a melee basic attack against you as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack. If the target makes this attack, an ally of your choice within 5 squares of the target can make a basic attack against the target as a free action and has combat advantage for the attack.
[/sblock]

[/sblock][sblock=Halleck Stat block]Viscount Ambrose Halleck - Male Half-Elf Hybrid Warlord/Bard 6
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 20

Defenses:

AC: 23, Fort: 17, Reflex: 17, Will: 20 -- Speed: 5 (-1 Pen from armor)

Vitality:
HP: 50/50, THP: 0/8 Bloodied: 25, Surge Value: 12, Surges left: 9/9
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: not used
Languages:
Common, Elven, Goblin

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +11 vs AC - Harmonic Spellblade Longsword 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: N/A

Properties:
Always On: Resist 2 on Ranged and Area attacks
On Shift: +1 to AC/REF
On Second Wind: If bloodied, you can spend 2 healing surges

Powers:
At-Will:
Brash Assault, Vicious Mockery
Encounter: Righteous Brand, Inspiring Word, Majestic Word, Shout of Triumph, Diabolic Stratagem, Divine Challenge, Battlefront Shift, Boots of the Fencing Master Enc
Daily: Stirring Shout, Stand the Fallen, Heroic Effort, Canon of Avoidance, Dwarven Scale Healing, Harmonic Spellblade Boon,

Weapons:
Harmonic Spellblade Longsword +1

[/sblock][sblock=Halleck's Log]
Adventure Summary

Notes:
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Rapida

First Post
Throwing a quick look back, Brenwar yells to Halleck, "Oh, look who has finally joined the battle. I was afraid you were going to miss out on this brawl." With a slight grin he continues his battle with the undead.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Joy moved forward, fairly light on her feet despite the weight of her armor. Then she leveled her sword at the bug-infested mage and a rolling clap of thunder echoed across the field, slamming into the abomination and drawing it attention elsewhere...

[sblock= OOC]
>Move: to G 11
>standard: Misdirected Mark against bug-mage; 1d20+8 vs. REF= 28 (CRIT), deals 14 psychic damage +1 crit , target is marked by Halleck until end of Joy's next turn; rolls Roll Lookup Roll Lookup

>Will get a stat block together tomorrow- just got in from tabletop game and I didn't want to delay things any more. I would have had Brenwar mark the critter, but he is too far forward...
[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
Oops

OOC: In a finger slip of epic proportions, I've deleted from my hard disk everything D&D related, including this adventure, maps, character builder, and everything else. However, as I was banging my head on the desk, I remembered most of it is still stored in my laptop, which I had to use when I was out of town looking for job. This won't bring back my notes from the netherworld where data goes when it's deleted, but I can reconstruct it from memory.

In short, today's update will suffer a slight delay.

Tenchuu

First Post
"Uughhh! Even uglier!" Halleck japed at the bug-infested mage.

OOC: Just roleplaying the mis-directed mark. I hope this thing doesn't have wicked ranged attacks. :p

Someone, sorry to here about your computer. Take the time you need.

Remove ads