[Adventure] A scholar in need (DM:Someone, Judge: Renau1g)

FourMonos

First Post
Artemis smiles at the bemuddled look on Domenicos's face "Ah, ahem. What Bones meant was that where he is from, clowns is often a term of respect!"

Under his breath to Bones, while smiling big to Domenicos, "Don't insult the guy paying the bills!"

"While you guys are searching for unusual places, I'm going to try get a lead from the dock workers. Oh, hey! Mr. DockMaster! Could I have a word with you!"

[sblock=actions] Diplomacy roll for 1d20+9 → [16,9] = (25). Roll Lookup . I wasn't sure if I should roll Streetwise versus Diplomacy for playing nice with the dock workers and dockmaster. Feel free to apply roll for whichever is most appropriate (although my streetwise is only +4 modifier) [/sblock]

Fyrm

First Post
Thinking back to his master's lessons, Mercurial tries to discern anything of value about the ancient Mage, and what role the hidden information might play in all this.

OOC: History check.
I just now realized that my heal bonus is 7, not 10. Fortunately, my role was high enough that even if my bonus was 0, I'd have succeeded at a stabilize dying roll, but just wanted to be sure.
Also, if we are having, or are saying we had, short rests, then is any one willing to donate a surge for my healing infusions? I'm using one of mine for the first, so if anyone has a spare surge to give, just say so.

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: take one of mine, as "payment" for the infusion i used

[sblock=Quick Stats]Sound of Stone, Thri-kreen Monk 1 Speaks in Lime Italics HP24/25 Temp HP 0 , Surges 4/8

Initiative
+5 AC 17, Fort 13, Reflex 16, Will 13 AP 1, Surges 8/8 Centered Flurry of Blows, Crane's Wings, Five Storms, Thri-kreen Claws, Open the Gates of Battle, Masterful Spiral,
Special:
Wiki page: PC:SoundofStone (rb780nm) - L4W Wiki
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
[sblock=ooc] I guess I'm not familiar with Artificers. Most leader abilities allow the target to spend a healing surge and don't consume their own. Paladin Lay On Hands would be an obvious exception to this, but I didn't know Artificers could do that. Also, Someone may have to rule on this, but I didn't think you could share surges? [/sblock]

Fyrm

First Post
OOC: Artificers are special. They get to use there heal on anyone, without them using a surge, and then have group spend surges during short rests to recharge them. They also get 2 free after an extended rest. This, effectively, pools everyone's surges, and gives 2 free surges to the pool.

Someone

Adventurer
[sblock=healing infusions]Artificers' healing infusions work a bit weird. They start with 2 of them every day, and they heal less than other leader's abilities, but don't require surges to work. However, they require surges to recharge. This means that while they won't heal as much as say, a cleric (and therefore in the context of a single battle they are less useful) if the adventuring day is long they can effectively "share" the party's pool of healing surges: after a battle, a battlemind or warden can spend some of their near infinite surges to make more healing infusions and help the weaklings.[/sblock]

rb780nm

First Post
OOC: I've "spent" one from my stats, but if someone with more available wants to have taken my place, then go ahead, let the changeling draw your blood to make his potions. That's how I've always seen the surge expenditure being realized.

Otakkun

Explorer
OOC: For the length of this adventure feel free to spend as many of my surges as you want. Just make sure to let me know so that I can update my sheet.

Remove ads