• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
"As for me, I'll take a barber-surgeon. Or a priest of a particularly restorative deity." Andras carefully lowers himself into a chair. "Know where I can find one?"

Dekana

Explorer
While in town, Jax makes a short detour to find a merchant and unload some gold. Jax finds a greenish-hued suit of leather armor that he likes, undresses in full view of the merchant (much to his discomfort), and puts on his purchase.

Luinnar said:
What can I get you gents.
Jax looks suspiciously at the other patrons. ".... Nothing for me. I don't want something that puts hair on my chest. Or on my face."

[sblock=Jax stat block w/ new armor]PC:Jax (Dekana) - L4W Wiki- Male Kobold, 11 Rogue / Daggermaster
Passive Perception: 22, Passive Insight: 21
AC:26, Fort:21, Reflex:26, Will:18, Resist 5 cold, 5 necrotic, Speed:6, 7 while not bloodied
HP:79/79, Bloodied:39, Surge Value:19, Surges left:9/9
Initiative +13
Action Points: 1 (encounter)

Conditions

Powers
MBA: +18 vs AC, 1d4+12; or with CA, +21 vs AC, 1d4+14 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
RBA: +19 vs AC, 1d4+11; or with CA, +22 vs AC, 1d4+13 + 3d8+4 (1/turn)
Frost Dagger, Piercing Strike, Riposte Strike, Shifty
Combat Tumbleset, Critical Opportunity, Feytouched, Imperiling Strike, Low Slash, Perfect Feint, Running Slash, Second Wind, Sly Lunge, Sneak in the Attack
Bloodbath, Frost Dagger, Knockout, Press the Advantage, Raven Cloak

Combat notes: +2 damage with CA; +2 damage with cold; 18-20 crit range, on crit, make MBA with offhand (+16 vs AC, 1d4+10)
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn tags along with Jax for a while, and makes a brief detour of his own. He returns wearing a fine new pair of boots that seem to stretch his strides out every so slighly.

The young half-orc takes a minute to register the presence of the barkeep - he looks unusually pale and spent.

"I'll take something warm - soup or mulled cider if you have it, sir."

Luinnar

First Post
SIR EXSIXTEN WILL TAKE A VENTE FRAPPUCCINO WITH EVERYTHING ON IT, Sir Exsixten says. WITH A SIDE OF ONION RINGS.
Uh, I don't think we have any of that. the man says. And.. he says, leaning over and whispering something in Sir ExSixTen's ear.. or where his ear would be.
[sblock=Sir ExSixTen]
And we don't serve live ones either if that's what you're asking for. You'll have to find them yourself.
[/sblock]
Name's Moonbaun by the way. He says straitening up. Cute pups you've got there, yours? he says to the Warforged.

And I don't know who you can find at this hour to answer your question, Moonbaun says turning to Andras. The temple of Pelor in generally only open in the daytime. Now if you be wanting a more nighttime deity... well those don't do usually do much healing anyway, more the opposite. he says grinning.

He then begins to bustle about to fetch Dorn's request. He soon plops down a bowl of hot soup and a mug of steaming cider. There you go lad, soup of the day. That will be one silver.

nerdytenor

First Post
He then begins to bustle about to fetch Dorn's request. He soon plops down a bowl of hot soup and a mug of steaming cider. There you go lad, soup of the day. That will be one silver.

"Have two, and bring me another round." Moonbaun barely has time to catch the coins before Dorn dives into his food and drink.

"Don't think I've ever felt so hungry," he manages between mouthfuls.

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire peruses the bar absently, lost in thought.

OOC: I exist, and have updated Quagmire (though not yet finished his sheet changes). Having trouble finding time for much posting though.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Brenn followed the others into the tavern- if he had taken a detour to do any shopping, the jaunt had gone unnoticed in the terrible weather. Once inside, he paused to shake the rain off his oilskin cloak before joining the others in the tavern.

OOC: Still here, leveled up and ready

Luinnar

First Post
"Have two, and bring me another round." Moonbaun barely has time to catch the coins before Dorn dives into his food and drink.

"Don't think I've ever felt so hungry," he manages between mouthfuls.
I like a lad with an appetite! Moonbaun laughs, getting Dorn another serving of food and drink.

Can I get you lads anything else? A room perhaps?

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
I like a lad with an appetite! Moonbaun laughs, getting Dorn another serving of food and drink.

Can I get you lads anything else? A room perhaps?

IF YOU HAVE ANY MONSTERS HERE, PRODUCE THEM IMMEDIATELY FOR THE GLORY OF THE LORDS OF AWESOME. AND YES, WE WILL TAKE ROOM - ROOM ENOUGH TO FIGHT THE MONSTERS YOU ARE ABOUT TO PRODUCE. A DRAGON WOULD WORK BEST IF YOU HAVE ONE. A DEMON WOULD ALSO BE ACCEPTABLE. OGRES ARE MEDIOCRE, BUT WILL SUFFICE IF THERE IS NOTHING ELSE AVAILABLE. AS LONG AS IT'S NOT GOBLINS; THEIR GIBBLETS GET INTO HIS GEARS AND IT TAKES MONTHS TO WORK THEIR RINDS OUT OF HIS SYSTEM.

OH, AND I'LL TAKE A LIVE RABBIT FOR MY PACK. THEY NEED TO LEARN TO HUNT FOR SIR EXSIXTEN MAY BE A DAY WHEN SIR EXSIXTEN IS NOT THERE TO PROTECT THEM - ESPECIALLY IF THAT ROCKET HELMET HE ORDERED EVER SHOWS UP.

OOC: If we have time to shop, I'll sell my old armor and get a diamond cincture and a couple healing potions.

[sblock=Sir Exsixten's Statblock]Sir Exsixten, Male Warforged Fighter 8 Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18
AC: 27, Fort:25, Reflex:20, Will:20 -- Speed:5
HP:88/88, Bloodied:44, Surge Value:22, Surges left:14/14
Initiative +5, Action Points: 1
Powers: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike, Combat Challenge, Hack and Hew, Sweeping Blow, Come and Get It, Guardian's Charge, Daring Shot, Warforged Resolve, Second Wind, Comeback Strike, Victorious Surge, Rain of Steel, Boundless Endurance
Items: Potion of Healing x 3, Potion of Resistance x 1, Amulet of Life, Dwarven Thrower, Dwarven Armor, Diamond Cincture
MBA: +15(+17 OA) vs. AC, 1d12+10 damage and enemy movement is stopped and Sir Exsixten gains 5 temporary hitpoints.
Notes: *Enemies hit by take cumulative -1 to AC(save ends) *Gain 5 THP on healing surge. *Reroll the first 1 on damage rolls. *+2 damage with THP. *+2 damage vs bloodied enemies.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Uh.. Moonbaun says, still trying to work out what exactly was said to him. I'll have your rabbit in the morning. Can't do dragon. Uh, I guess you will be wanting to see your room.

JIM!
he yells and a short ratty looking young man scurries out from a corner of the room. Take these good folks to room number seventeen.

Right this way sirs! he boy says in a squeaky voice. He leads you outside the tavern, down a passage, up some stairs and to a room with the number seventeen expertly carved into it. Fumbling, he opens the door with a set of keys. Musty air drains out of the room, washing over you like stagnant water. Within the room, all is dark. Once your eyes adjust, you can see that the beds in this part of the Old Kartakan Inn are made of sturdy iron frames with plenty of blankets on top. Next to each bed is a conveniently placed little table containing an oil lantern.

The window shutters are closed, latched, and barred with a thick board. You can see an iron holder built onto the door frame for securing a large beam across the three inch thick oak door. Just such a beam rests beside the door, so security is obviously not a problem.

Will you be needing anything else? Jim says, holding out his hand.

[sblock=Perception=20 (passive or rolled)]You notice the room has seen its share of trauma. There are partially patched up nicks on one side of the wall, suggesting that some sort of weapon hit it at some point. One of the tables also covers a set of claw marks that run deep in the wall. You did not notice any of these things in the other room you stayed at before.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads