Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

Dekana

Explorer
Jax walks in Sir Exsixten's shade whenever he can, trying to keep the sun out of his eyes. And then after many minutes of that, a priest of some sort of sun cult appears right in front of the kobold. How irritating.

OOC: All purchases and leveling done. I'm ready to start stealing (from priests) again.

Luinnar

First Post
"Pelor? Weird gods they have around here," Andras mutters to himself. He then straightens up to the utmost of his ability and smiles. "Greetings, Father. My name is Andras, and I am really hoping that you will be able to mend my leg." He gestures down at the offending limb, "I'm starting to get a little nervous, given how much I've been traveling on it. The sooner this could be addressed the better. Pity you folk close up at night."
I am sorry that we could not help you sooner. Father Morrigan says frowning. I am afraid that closing at night is, uh, shall we say necessary safety measure. Please step this way. he says, leading the party to a small room used for such treatments.

I see the bones are only broken, he says examining Andras's leg. It should be easily mended. He takes out a flask of oil and sprinkles it on Andras's outstretched leg (who is now sitting down). Pelor, god of the sun, grant your servant the power to heal this poor man. he prays. His hands start to glow with a brilliant light and Andras can feel his bones in his leg start to mend together at a surprising rate.

Your leg should back to normal now. The priest says smiling. No charge to show our apologies that you could not reach us sooner.

GM: Andras's leg is now fully healed and he has no movement penalties.

nerdytenor

First Post
"Priest, may I have a brief word in private? It's, umm, a personal matter."

[sblock=Priest Only]
A couple of days ago, I sensed something amiss with my mechanical ally over there. Don't look at him right now! He seems to have taken on some of the aspects of some wolves we encountered a while back, and I'm a little bit concerned for him.

And us.

Is there anything you can suggest? Perhaps I am worrying overmuch.

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire helps himself to a drink from a nearby basin of lightly scented water, throwing a wink and a broad, tusky grin at a shocked-looking acolyte.

OOC: Mostly ready, I guess. My sheet is not yet updated, and wikia is read-only right now so I can't fix it, but stat block is up to date I believe.

[sblock=Quagmire]Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord 10
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC:27, Fort:23, Reflex:20, Will:23 -- Speed:5
HP:71/71, Bloodied:35, Surge Value:17, Surges left:9/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
MBA +16 vs. AC, 1d8+7 damage
Powers
Rousing Assault, Commander's strike, Chainmail of Sacrifice, Throwing shield
Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word x2, Hobgoblin resilience, Inspired Belligerence, Warlord's Strike, War of Attrition, Tactical Orders,
Bastion of Defense, Stand the Fallen, Stand Tough, Knock Them Down, Vanguard longsword, Chainmail of Sacrifice, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Throwing Shield, Diamond Cincture

Notes:
  • Allies within 10 who can see and hear Quagmire gain +2 initiative
  • Allies who spend an AP within sight of me regain 12 HP and can make a saving throw at +5
  • When I hit an enemy with withering longsword, they take a cumulative -1 to AC (save ends)
[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
"Priest, may I have a brief word in private? It's, umm, a personal matter."

[sblock=Priest Only]
A couple of days ago, I sensed something amiss with my mechanical ally over there. Don't look at him right now! He seems to have taken on some of the aspects of some wolves we encountered a while back, and I'm a little bit concerned for him.

And us.

Is there anything you can suggest? Perhaps I am worrying overmuch.

[/sblock]
[sblock=Dorn]
If it is as you say, and it is what I think it is, I fear that your friend may have contracted the curse of the lycan. It is fairly, uh, shall we say common around here. the Priest whispers. There is no cure that I know of... It may be best to put out him out of his misery with a silver weapon before the next moon phase, or at least keep him chained up. He could spread the curse to you and your friends if he attacked you. he says frowning.
[/sblock]

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Your leg should back to normal now. The priest says smiling. No charge to show our apologies that you could not reach us sooner.

"Oh, um, I didn't..." Andras looks a little uncomfortable at the sudden charity. "I mean, I understand. Things do get a little strange around here after dark." He stands up, gingerly shifting his weight to his recently healed leg. The genasi whistles in appreciation. "Thanks, Father," he adds respectfully.

ooc: Fixed leg, updated sheet, Andras is ready to roll.

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn pales slightly as the priest speaks to him. He nods with resignation.

"I thank you for your counsel."

I guess this is a new day so time to roll Wild Soul (not that it matters much as Dorn now has variable resistance... muahahaha). Wild Soul thunder

[sblock=Dorn Updated Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer/Demonskin Adept 11

Immediate Reactions: off
Current Effects: resist 10 thunder, ignore 10 thunder resistance

Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 14
AC 25, Fort 21, Reflex 21, Will 24 (base defenses)
HP +5TMP 83/83 Bloodied 41 Surge Value 20, Surges 7/7
Speed 7, Initiative +13
Action Points: 1

Notes
Daily Wild Soul: thunder
Dorn uses the first d20 attack without mods for his Wild Magic boon
Dorn scores a crit on 19 or 20

Encounter Resources
Demon-Soul Bolts
Bedeviling Burst
Ice Dragon's Teeth
Spark Form
Furious Assault
Variable Resistance
Narrow Escape
Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Chromatic Orb
Moon and the Stars
Winds of Change
Deep Shroud
Chaotic Defense
Gambit Armor Power
Luckblade Dagger
Diamond Cincture

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Luinnar

First Post
Packed, healed and ready to go, the pups and party leave the town of Skald and head to the road leading to Akriel's love, Dr. Dominiani's keep in the nearby realm of Gundarak, to deliver the crown.

Today is not bright and sunny like the others. A thin layer of fog permeates the air, chilling the surrounds. The mists makes it a good day for many things, murder, mayhem and marauding, but traveling is not one of them. Shivering, you walk down the road leading in the direction of the keep, eager to get this quest over with and go back to a warm fire.

After walking for hours you spot of signpost marking the border with Gundarak. You consult the map Akriel gave you and walk further down the road. The wolf pups are unnaturally quiet today. All their pep and energy seems drained away by the misty surroundings.

In the distance you spot a small grey dot. Hoping that it is the keep and you have not went astray in the mist, you move towards it. From the sun overhead it appears to be about noon. Perhaps you can make it back to Skald before it gets dark.

[sblock=Dorn]
Please make a perception check.
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Suddenly, Sir Exsixten stops dead in his tracks, looking slowly at each member of the party. He turns to Dorn. "WOOF?" To Jax "WOOF?" To Andras. "WOOF?" To Quagmire. "WOOF?" To Brenn. "WOOF?"

He waits a moment, glancing at each member again in turn then his head jerks sideways and there's a clang somewhere inside him.

<QUERY PASS-STRING PROMPTS RECEIVED NO APPROPRIATELY ENCRYPTED RESPONSE. LOCAL BIOLOGICAL UNITS NOT PACK MATES - INITIATE PACK MATE CONVERSION PROCESS. CONVERSION AGGRESSION LEVEL: VERMILLION.>

While somewhat alarming, his words up to this point can be relegated to a typical eccentric outburst. When he starts to transform into... something else... however, it gets real.

HOSTILE DAMAGE-SPONGES, MEET YOUR WORST FOE: CUR EXSIXTEN, WOLFOID BATTLE-MONSTER OF ULTIMATE CARNAGE. YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED INTO THE PACK OR BE ERADICATED - RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

I WILL RULE THE UNIVERSE, EVEN IF I AM THE ONLY ONE LEFT IN THE UNIVERSE.

Seconds later, Sir Exsixten is gone, replaced by this:

konig_wolf_the_insurrection_by_liger_inuzuka-d38bix1.png

Remove ads