Adventure: A Tale of Two Domains (DM:Luinnar, Judge:renau1g)

pathfinderq1

First Post
OOC: Brenn was not in range for Come and Get It, and so not affected. Seems fixed in Luinnar's update, but just FYI. Will update after work- 15 hours or so.

TwoHeadsBarking

First Post
Exsixten's claws tear through Andras, but they leave trails of ash rather than blood. The genasi is clearly injured, although not as badly as he ought to be. "Really?" he remarks scornfully. "It hurt more when you threw me in front of Bonesy." Despite his bravado, Andras is unable to land an attack on Exsixten. Instead he carefully backs away. "Hmm, looks like you're about to take it in the teeth, Quagmire. Best of luck."

[sblock=Actions]Immediate Interrupt: Use Firedeath on Revitalizing Pounce to reduce the damage by 12.

Free: Activate Berserker's Fury, gaining a +2 bonus to damage rolls until the end of the encounter.
Action Point: Staggering Shot vs Cur Exsixten. Miss, unsurprisingly. Oops, ignore the CA mention; I didn't notice that Exsixten threw off the daze. But, I do regain 11 hp and can make a saving throw at +5, thanks to Quagmire. Success with a 23.
Standard: Relentless Wounding vs Cur Exsixten. Another fine miss.
Move: Move to -C16.
Minor: Inspiring Word Quagmire, who heals surge + 7, which might just be my strongest heal ever.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Andras's mini-stats]Andras genasi Warlord 9
Initiative: +13 | Passive perception: 19 | Passive Insight: 14
AC: 25 | For: 23 | Ref: 20 | Will: 17
HP: 34/66 | Bloodied: 33 | Surge value: 16 | Surges: 9/9
Resist: 5 Fire
Speed: 6 | Languages: Allarian, Primordial
AP: 0 | Second Wind: not used
Melee Basic Attack: +14 vs AC, 1d10+7 damage
Ranged Basic Attack: +15 vs AC, 1d10+10 damage
Powers: Paint the Bulls-Eye, Direct the Strike
Insightful Warning, Staggering Shot, On My Mark, Takedown Strike
Relentless Wounding, Create Opportunity
Firedeath, Inspiring Word (1/2), Shake It Off, Reorient the Axis
Rebounding Longbow, Boots of the Fencing Master, Feytouched Armor, Boar Tusk Helm

Skirmishing Presence:
When an ally who can see Andras spends an Action Point to make an attack, that ally can shift five squares before or after the attack, and gets a +1 bonus to attack rolls with said attack.

Conditions:
+2 to damage rolls

[/sblock]

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
Brenn bided his time- he knew that the kobold was far more deadly than he would ever be. Still, he had learned a few tricks over the years. He drew an arrow and aimed- and waited...

[sblock= OOC]
>Move, Minor: none (while Brenn would move back, I don't want to move too far off the map just yet)
>Standard: Ready action- (trigger= Cur Exsixten stands up); (readied action= Clever Shot RBA at Cur Ex, 1d20+18 vs. AC= 34 (hit for 18 force and knocked back to prone); roll Roll Lookup
>Free/end of turn: no shift
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Dorn makes a circular motion with his daggers and pushes forward. A ball of multicolored energy appears and accelerates, slamming into the beast with a flash of turquoise and pushing him/it onto the rocks. (Chromatic Orb hits for 31 lightning damage, and I slide Cur Exy 5 squares to L23.)

[sblock=DM note]
Dorn starts every battle with 5tmp hp from his circlet
[/sblock]

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer/Demonskin Adept 11

Immediate Reactions: use Narrow Escape to take 1/2 damage and teleport away
Current Effects: resist 10 thunder, ignore 10 thunder resistance

Passive Perception 14, Passive Insight 14
AC 25, Fort 21, Reflex 21, Will 24 (base defenses)
HP +5TMP 83/83 Bloodied 41 Surge Value 20, Surges 7/7
Speed 7, Initiative +13
Action Points: 1

Notes
Daily Wild Soul: thunder
Dorn uses the first d20 attack without mods for his Wild Magic boon
Dorn scores a crit on 19 or 20

Encounter Resources
Demon-Soul Bolts
Bedeviling Burst
USED Ice Dragon's Teeth
Spark Form
USED Furious Assault
Variable Resistance
Narrow Escape
Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
USED Chromatic Orb
Moon and the Stars
Winds of Change
Deep Shroud
Chaotic Defense
Gambit Armor Power
Luckblade Dagger
Diamond Cincture

2x potion of healing
[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire readies his shield and moves to stand between the wereforged and his companions. "C'mon, mate! Snap out of it! Priority override alpha? Reboot sequence? Dammit, I'm a warlord, not an engineer!"

[sblock=actions]Move to G19. Standard: total defense, +2 to defenses TSNT

I'm perfectly happy for this to be a ranged fight for as long as we can stay away from him. He really hurts toe to toe, but our ranged options are much better. I wonder if we could kite him? [/sblock]

[sblock=Quagmire]Quagmire Weaselcrust- Male Hobgoblin Warlord 10
Passive Perception: 14, Passive Insight: 14
AC:27, Fort:23, Reflex:20, Will:23 -- Speed:5
HP:68/71, Bloodied:35, Surge Value:17, Surges left:8/9
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
MBA +16 vs. AC, 1d8+7 damage
Powers
Rousing Assault, Commander's strike, Chainmail of Sacrifice, Throwing shield
Hammer and Anvil, Inspiring Word x2, Hobgoblin resilience, Inspired Belligerence, Warlord's Strike, War of Attrition, Tactical Orders,
Bastion of Defense, Stand the Fallen, Stand Tough, Knock Them Down, Vanguard longsword, Chainmail of Sacrifice, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, Throwing Shield, Diamond Cincture

Conditions: +2 defenses until start of next turn

Notes:
  • Allies within 10 who can see and hear Quagmire gain +2 initiative
  • Allies who spend an AP within sight of me regain 12 HP and can make a saving throw at +5
  • When I hit an enemy with withering longsword, they take a cumulative -1 to AC (save ends)
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Cur Exsixten roars to its feet, only to be knocked back down by Brenn's shot. It lies there, its repair mechanisms working overtime to patch the damage done to it. Meanwhile, a quiet error message can be heard, flickering here and there between Sir Exsixten's tinny barritone and a deeper, darker mechanized voice.

<PRIORITY OVERRIDE ALPH@... COMMAND REC0GNIZED. BEGIN REBOOT SEQUENC3... ERROR, AWESOM3NES5 CORE CORRUPTED, GOODNESS BANK... GOODNESS BANKS SCRAMBl3D, MAIN FR1ENDSHIP BUS BUSTED... PRIORITY SEARCH F0R SOURCE OF CONTAM1N@TION... ERR0r... HOST1L31NtrU510n... c0N7r0L L057...>

OOC: Short Turn Summary: Cur Exsixten is at 5+428/500hp in L23. Status Effects: +2 defenses, slowed, vulnerable 5 cold, prone, +1 AC/saves, 2d12+3 and slowed to PC starting adjacent

[sblock=Actions]Start of Turn: Regen 10 to 322hp.
Move: Stand <Hit by Brenn for 18 and proned again>
Standard: Second Wind: Heal 62hp+5THP and gain +2 defenses TsnT. Amulet of Life: Heal 62hp more to 5+428/500hp.
Minor: -

Immediate Interrupt
: Combat Challenge: If a creature marked by Cur Exsixten shifts or makes an attack that doesn't include him, he makes an MBA against them (+20 vs AC, 2d12+10 damage and gain 5 THP).

Status Effects: +2 defenses, slowed, vulnerable 5 cold, prone, +1 AC and saves, PCs starting adjacent take 2d12+3 damage and are slowed while he can make OAs

[sblock=Cur Exsixten's Statblock... Luinnar's eyes only][sblock=Seriously, his eyes only(well, and mine)]Cur Exsixten, Male Wereforged Solo Soldier 15
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18
AC: 32(33), Fort:29, Reflex:25, Will:25 -- Speed:7
HP:5+428/500, Bloodied:250, Surge Value:62, Surges left:12/14, Regen 10
Initiative +10, Action Points: 1, Saves: +5(6)

Powers: Crushing Surge, Brash Strike, Combat Challenge, Hack and Hew, Sweeping Blow, Come and Get It, Guardian's Counter, Daring Shot, Warforged Resolve, Second Wind, Comeback Strike, Rain of Steel, Victorious Surge, Boundless Endurance, Unyielding Avalanche, Boulder Charge
Hybrid Powers: Revitalizing Pounce, Bloody Path, Thunderfury Rage
Items: Delver's Light, Potion of Healing x 1, Potion of Resistance x 1, Amulet of Life, Dwarven Thrower, Restful Bedroll, Dwarven Armor

MBA
: +20(+22 OA) vs. AC, 2d12+10 damage and enemy movement is stopped(OA) and Sir Exsixten gains 5 temporary hitpoints.
RBA: 6/12, +19 vs AC, 2d12+7 damage.

Notes: *Enemies hit take cumulative -1 to AC(save ends). *Gain 5 THP on healing surge. *Reroll the first 1 on damage rolls. *+2 damage with THP. *+2 damage vs bloodied enemies.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads