(adventure) Armgill’s Heirloom - <Knight Otu judging>

Dexerion

First Post
"Har Har Har!" Drath bellows, "I love the little ones! They put on quite a show! I hope they last a'while!."

"I think you will be surprised how useful they will be to us." Charles says.

Charles opens a door that sits between the two ramparted ends of the wagon. Visible is a ladder that leads to the interior of the wagon. "This is the way inside. Right now it is so full of merchandise that we can't fit, however." Charles explains.

Charles ask, "Anton, Can you give me a hand here?" He drops down into the wagon with his upper body, laying down on the top and lowering his chest. He digs a little and begins to hand up items to Anton. "Just set them up top. We can go through them after we get them all out."

ooc:
[sblock]
I need to tweak the list a little before I post it. I have to compensate for two RL friends from my college days that sound like they may join us. I think one talked of a dwarf fighter/cleric and the other hasn't said. i will only give them a day or two before i leave without them. can always pick them up along the way. I am going to allow for a few scrolls for the archanist, but not very many. any request?
[/sblock]

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
"Oh, yes, of course." Anton places boxes on top, trying to be somewhat organized but somewhat failing in the organization aspect. Anton shows a confused face, "... Uh. Would one of you try to organize these boxes for having more space? I will simply place the boxes by you. I would like to be travelling soon, now." Anton hurries with the boxes.

[sblock]Does your Dwarf Fighter/Cleric friend know he can't start out multiclassed? Let's pick them up when we get to Fallon![/sblock]

Timeboxer

Explorer
[sblock]Well, if you're looking for scroll suggestions... I'm thinking that Obscuring Mist and either Hypnotism or Sleep might be effective. Possibly also a Scroll of Grease for the Rogue to make sneak attacks against flat-footed people. Thoughts, other arcanists?[/sblock]

Jdvn1

[sblock]I have a friend -- not yet on EN World, but he's very interested -- that wants to play. If one of your friends falls through or something, maybe we can pick him up in Fallon[/sblock]

Dexerion

First Post
After handing some goods up to Anton, Charles lifts himself back up top and stands. "There, that wasn't so bad. Thank you, Anton. Alright, this is what I was able to gather in addition to the other supplies we are providing."

• 1 compound shortbow
  • 5 potions of cure light wounds
  • 2 suits of leather armor
  • 1 suit of padded armor
  • 2 daggers
  • 1 scroll of sleep
  • 1 scroll of mage armor
  • 1 wand of magic missile with 7 charges
  • 1 scroll of true strike
  • 3 vials of alchemist fire
  • 2 vials of acid

"Whatever is not used or lost will have to be returned upon our disbanding. We have arrows, bolts, and small bolts in quivers fixed to the sides of the ramparts. Unfortunately there are not any places to sit up here. If you want to make your ride a bit more comfortable you can get out the bedrolls and sit on them. However, if one happens to fall off the wagon, then somebody will be sleeping on the ground. Divided these goods up and lets be on our way. We only have to stop at the gate a moment to pick up another employee." Charles closes the door then walks to the front of the wagon to join Drath on the bench.

ooc:
[sblock] you crack me up jdvn1. Play by post is sometimes slow. The one I joined three or four weeks ago still hasn't left on our adventure.

I started a story hour on the boards for this adventure. I figured lew could use a little advertising. I am just reposting post from here and cleaning them up.
[/sblock]

Dexerion

First Post
[sblock]
if he can get a character approaved in the next few days then we can either pick him up at the gate or on the road just before the first.... er... well... along the road...
[/sblock]

Jdvn1

[sblock]Hah. :p Dude, I'm a post monkey. I need more things to reply to. Plus, I like starting up new games, so I'm antsy. I wanna get things moving! I'm a bowman, let me bow stuff![/sblock]
[sblock]Oh, and this guy, my friend, is a huge Bucs fan. Since you're from Tampa. He has family in that area.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Fimble looks through the pile of goodies, going instantly for the scrolls. He takes them out and reads them, discerning the spells they contain. "Hmm... These scrolls would seem be particularly useful, but only one use is not very much. I, for one, could add them to my spellbook and prepare them on a daily basis, but it would require some extra money and a short trip into town. On the other hand, there are plenty of mages among us, surely they have these spells in their grimoire, no? What say you all?"

Jdvn1

"If you do not mind," Anton starts, "I will take one of those potions. I don't think the other items will serve me to be particularly useful."

[sblock]What's a compound shortbow?

Oh, and my friend is going to post and submit his character today. I'm guessing he'll be good to go by tomorrow.[/sblock]

Remove ads