[Adventure!] Daunton's Dead Rises Again DM: Dimsdale.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: Just like skill check, except you use your ability modifier. You set the DC - don't go by skill checks as a guide for difficulty level because half-level is added to skills.

Neil1889

First Post
OOC: Which is a bit rough, as usually as skill can be made out to apply. Personally speaking and I'm sure I speak for Labraundos here (*nods head*), I'd like to see the Runepriest use his athletcis skill and at least also get his racial bonus involved.

I'm off for the New Year, but will be back on Sunday.

Happy New Year to you all, folks.

dimsdale

First Post
GM: Happy New year everyone!

I'm fine with the athletics check.

Roll it....

[sblock=Save]
You positions yourself in such a way that you can use your leverage as well as strength to pull him up.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Fail]
The rope snaps causing you to lurch backwards smashing your back against the wall and then ricochet forward.

Another Athletics check will be needed to see if you regain your balance

[sblock=save]
save: you regain your balance and stay on ledge but now longer have a usable rope to pull him up[/sblock]

[sblock=fail] You fall forward into the black mist in the same way that the paladin did
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

OOC: You didn't specify DC [MENTION=79956]dimsdale[/MENTION], but I think its safe to assume I passed. Happy New Year everyone!

Athletics to pull Labraundos up (1d20+12=27)

Orsik straines in small confines of the doorway and finally horned head comes out of the mist. He waits braced solid until the minotaur recovers fully and then relaxes.

"Just like in the mountains."

dimsdale

First Post
GM:

Nicely done!

All three of you are now standing in the area between the doorway and the hallway. There are a set of double doors with a door knob on each of the doors which looks as if you have to rotate to open the doors and there is the lever to the right of the door. What do you do?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Hoping that this will reset the trap and remove the threat from below, Sora Daar pulls the lever, grabbing her bodyguard for additional safety.

dimsdale

First Post
As the witch pulls on the lever. Slowly the walls rotate downward, and with a loud click the trap is the trap is reset. In addition, the doors open inward. Torch light flickers within the room. As the doors open all the way a ghost appears, rising from the body of a robbed figure which lays on a large wooden slab in the center of the room. the ghost moves towards you then stops five feet away from the body. Come...come...you have proven yourselves worthy. Do not be afraid for I have no intent to harm you. Forgive me...Let me introduce myself. I am the spirit of what was once a very powerful wizard called Vlastoes. Come closer now. ​A warm smile appears on the lips of the ghastly figure after he finishes speaking.

GM: Experience is rewarded to you for navigating the hallway skill challenge

Neil1889

First Post
Labraunos nods his thanks in a low voice, "I like mountains too, so I'm impressed and thankful."

"When I fell, the floor of the chamber I landed in was 12 foot or so below the mist and there were five tunnels leading away from me. The chamber was lit by some glowing mould here and there. I could hear movement of creatures in the tunnels and they will be below us very soon, whatever they are," he whispers.

Neil1889

First Post
The Minotaur unslings his Execution Axe, but hooks it over his shoulder. "I am Labraundos of Joven and I'm not a spirit yet," says the Minotaur stepping forwards.

Remove ads