• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] Desolation Island (DM: jsb420; JUDGE: covaithe)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Nobody move just yet. I've got a defennsive Immed. Interrupt that I could possibly use. It might help us a little and do more damage to the crauds. I haven't read the attacks well enough to know yet though, and I don't have time to do it until tonight.

Also, I agree with Darksteed on tactics. Lots of parties have been TPK'd by minions because they were too busy hacking away at the big guy.

You survive by reducing the number of your attackers first.

This advice is spelled out in the D&D 4E Player Survival Guide, and it does work.[/sblock]

treex

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I did read about focus firing in the Player's Strategy Guide (or something like that) but since I've only been in two battles so far I'm panicky~ Also, posting takes only about five to ten minutes, is it really that hard :< (Unless you're at work, then I totally get it.) And what about using your wikia page for reference? :D [/sblock]

jsb420

First Post
[sblock=H.M.Gimlord]I know how you feel. I'm married to a lady who thinks it's amusing and cute that her husband plays D&D, I have 3 boys (3, 10, and 13) older two in sports (Basketball and Tae Kwon Do), i work full time in sales, and i am a personal chef part-time (i want my own catering business). I do most of my posts from my iphone.

I just love to game that's all!

Okay back to the game![/sblock]

treex

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I don't think I'll ever get married :< Ever. Standards are high now. No one wants a blob for a husband. *Sob*[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
As the swarm threatens to chew away at the man who saved him from certain death, Ixenvalignat pulls him back from their scissor-like claws, "Not there," the dragonborn grabs the Mage's arm, "I'm surprised, Ardens, sacrifice is not normally within your nature. The warlord shrugs, "Regardless, there's no need to turn that leaf over just yet."[sblock=Immediate Interrupt]After looking through the attacks, the only one I can prevent is the one to Ardens, who unfortunately, can only do half-damage with his MBA against the craud swarm. Plus, having been saved by Ardens, the dragonborn would naturally be compelled to return the favor, or at least offer what assistance he can (even though it was Ardens who inflicted the damage in the first place ;)).

I would like to prevent Damien's damage because the OG 5 puts him at most risk, but he was unfortunately the victim of a crit, which Ixenvalignat's power cannot prevent. He'll have to settle for an inspiring word when I post.

Thus:

Immediate Interrupt: Powerful Warning[sblock=Power Card]
PowerfulWarning.png
[/sblock]
Target: Ardens
Effect: Ardens gets +4 (due to Insightful Presence) to all defenses against the craud swarm's attack (thus Ardens is missed). Ardens also gets a melee basic attack against the swarm as a free action (even though it does half damage).
[/sblock][sblock=OOC] (I'm pretty sure I'll take two minors: IW on Damien and swallow my own healing potion)

As far as my standard, I've got no more tricks up my sleeve, except to get people into position. If anyone needs a free-action shift, let me know and I will post accordingly, but you need to be adjacent to either me or to a target that is adjacent to me.[/sblock][sblock=treex]That one took me nigh on a half an hour to put together.[/sblock]

Last edited:

jsb420

First Post
[sblock=ooc][MENTION=79440]H.M.Gimlord[/MENTION]: I'll edit the post for Round 2, showing the immediate interrupt.

[MENTION=6670427]Circio[/MENTION]: please make your melee basic attack vs. swarm before posting your turn's actions.

anyone: Since no one is adjacent to Ixen, to benefit from his Shift the Battlefield, or wolf pack tactics (shifting power), that player would need to take their turn prior to Ixen's

Who's next?[/sblock]

Circio

First Post
Focusing on keeping the dragonborn from dieing caused Ardens to briefly lose track of the swarm to his side. Suddenly, he felt a quick pull as the his ally pulls him out of reach of the swarm's attack. "I was going to be just fine. There's no reason for you to be touching me with those grubby claws of yours," Ardens says as he turns back to the swarm.

Using the skills he learned from the swordmage he met on the way to Daunton, Ardens thrusts forward and skewers a couple of craud on his dagger.

[sblock=Opportunity Attack]So, I saw you gave me a melee basic opportunity attack HM and my first thought was that I hope I could actually do something with it. Considering I was at a +2 to my attack roll, the odds weren't too good.

Opportunity Attack: 1d20+2=22 vs AC CRITICAL HIT

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the amazing damage of Ardens with a critical melee attack against a swarm.

1 damage

That said, thanks for the interrupt HM. It was nice losing half my hp then suddenly finding out I didn't really take that damage. :D

I want to make my next attack, but it's late and I have to get up early in the morning. I'll take my actions for the next round tomorrow.[/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
[sblock=Ixen]Your Interrupt is +5 to all defenses not +4. It's 1 + Cha Mod. In your cases that's a mighty +4. So +5 in total. Just for the future is all. Won't matter here power already did it's job. Yay!

Also to take your healing potion it'll eat up two minor actions. Minor to Draw. Minor to Drink. Unless you already pulled it out last turn or have Quick Draw or something the like. Sorry to rain on your parade[/sblock]

[sblock=Finnean]Finnean wanna move up and flank the Impaler I'm adjacent to? Help me get rid of him.[/sblock]

[sblock=Ardens] LMAO *Claps* That's awesome Ardens. I know that feeling of actually hitting something with a wizard and doing your mighty damage. Go Mages![/sblock]

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
Finnean gives ground to the craud attacking him and slips his rapier between the natural armor of the one on Cyrus, the tip easily pierces the creature, causing it significant pain.

So who wants seafood for dinner?

[sblock=actions]Move: Shift to W10
Standard: Sly Flourish vs Impaler 2 Sly Flourish (Sneak Attack) (1d20+7+2=21, 2d6+1d8+8=21)[/sblock]

[sblock=Finnean Fairhand]Status:

Finnean Fairhand - Level 1 Rogue|Ardent
Init: +4 Speed: 6
Passive Perception:12; Passive Insight: 12
AC: 17 (25 OA) Fort 13 (15 OA) Ref 15 (17 OA) Will 15 (17 OA)
HP: 24/24 Surges: 6/7 Surge Value: 6 AP: 1
Languages: Common, Elven
Str:8 Dex:18 Wis:14 Con:12 Int:10 Cha:18

Powers:
Impetuous Ruin
Sly Flourish

Second Chance
Opening Move
Second Wind

Mental Turmoil
Thought-Eater Armor
[/sblock]