[Adventure] Dirty Money: (The Final Encounter; Rohna, Tondrek up)[Judge: THB]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vertexx69

First Post
A quizzical look slowly replaces the war mask of rage that Rohna had been wearing on her stony face. "I have never even heard of undead surrendering. Whom do you guard, besides the dead resting here?"

ryryguy

First Post
"The old illusionary hatbox, gets 'em every time," Roswyn murmurs. Then, louder, "Who set you to guard here, and what are the terms of your guardianship?"

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Tondrek gives the undead a dirty, squinty eye look, especially the ones hovering over Crafty and Doggie's inert forms. He wasn't going to be fooled by these undeadles, no-no. Not unless they gave him cookies. Or magic cookies. How would you make magic cookies...?

Tondrek is quite lost in thought, mumbling something about enchanted sourdough.[sblock=OOC]Total defense this round (if in combat). Then use some skills: Insight (to see if they are truthful) 24, History (what are they guarding/who are they) 21, Streetwise (similar as History) 12[/sblock]

EvolutionKB

First Post
[sblock=Stonegod]You know that the flameskull is evil, but you sense it is telling the truth, and also very smart. The race of all the undead here are goblinoid, Dhakanni. You also know that Sharn was built upon Dhakanni ruins. Also, to make magic cookies, you would need a magic of oven of course. ;) [/sblock]

The flameskull pulses briefly with flame and bobs it's head. It's jaw moves again and it's voice echoes down the hallway. "My allies and I were buried down here, heroes, even in death," the voice shows pride. "We have been down here for centuries as far as I can tell. We were not meant as guards, but we rose when the dragon and it's gang showed up. The kobolds ate our remains, it tainted them, changed them," a faint trace of revulsion and or fear comes through in the haunting voice. "If you destroy the dragon and the kobolds, it will let us rest again. I will then tell you of a cache of magic that was left behind for us in the afterlife."

stonegod

Tondrek frowns, his staff still held up high. He edges around the undeadles, making his way to Crafty. Keeping his eye on them, he carefully picks up the homunculus and puts him in his pack. Its awkward, but he manages.

Slowly moving to Doggie, Tondrek starts speaking. Its unclear if its to himself, everyone, or no one in particular.

Not lying, not lying? Not guardians but guardians? Could be necronomantic accident; Dolurrh's influence, yes, influence. Likely muut rebound them here, yes. Old gobs big on muut and atcha. Dragon? Down here too. But where? How many friendly friends that aren't friendly to us? Two, three, five? Maybe backway in. Have to ask, have to ask.

During all of this, Tondrek unconsciously, but very carefully and precisely, folds Doggie's remains into a very compact form that he then places in his pack as well.[sblock=Goblin Language]Muut: The goblin concept of ordinary honor or duty, something gained by doing one’s job properly.

Atcha: he goblin concept of personal honor, something which is earned and carefully protected.[/sblock][sblock=OOC]I knew I'd find a use for that link again. :)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Vertexx69

First Post
Rohna looks at the others with one of her brows raised. "Undead resting is a good thing right? I know I'd feel better if there weren't no dragon rummaging around under where I sleep."

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Whoah, whoah whooooooah!" Shava says waving her dagger in the air and approaching the undead. When she gets to the skull she brushes her hair aside and quickly straightens her jacket, a move that seems well practiced.

"Now I'm as excited to slay a dragon as any one else I'm sure. You'll have to excuse me though, but sir seem oddly sentient and reasonable for a floating skull." She gestures to the skull. "And yet, when we walked down this hall you attacked us! Call it the sway of Dolurrh if you will, but it seems awful funny that you would attack so feircly and then surrender so clearly and well spoken!"

renau1g

First Post
Tamarand watches the exchange with interest, his daggers still unsheathed and ready at a moment's notice to unleash spells upon these foes.

stonegod

Tondrek scratches his greasy head with his free hand and seems startled by Shava's interjection. Huh? Oh. They bad, but probably not stab-in-back-bad. They like Old Man Tharg when he have me make him stuff and the Dongle Boys break in; Old Man Tharg try kill them until they figure Dongle Boys out for secret way into the Tramp Stamp that's behind Tharg's place. They had a laugh. Well, not Bondak Dongle 'cuz of the sucking chest wound, but everyone else.

Tondrek blinks a moment then looks up. What I talking about again? Yes! Old gobs have honor and stuff. Usually. I read that in a book once.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Dragon? Down here too. But where? How many friendly friends that aren't friendly to us? Two, three, five? Maybe backway in. Have to ask, have to ask.

"The dragon is as big as a horse. It has six allies. Damn kobolds. Four of them are warped by our remains." The skull flies towards the long hallway. "It's not far from the tombs, we've never been there. I don't think there is a backway. They've probably heard the battle, but it's been too long quiet. They probably think we've won."

"And yet, when we walked down this hall you attacked us! Call it the sway of Dolurrh if you will, but it seems awful funny that you would attack so feircly and then surrender so clearly and well spoken!"

"Yes, that is true. The dragon's allies come and go all the time. I've seen many. A half-breed like you a, a male though. We've attacked many who attempt to reach the dragon's lair. Most don't make it through. The half-elf left a message yesterday with us, unwilling to fight. You defeated my companion," gesturing to the broken bits of skull on the ground. "My other allies as well were quickly vanquished, and my last ally is nearly broken." You are reminded of the chilling zombie and the mummy, the skeleton barely stands. "As in life, I do not wish my last battle to end in defeat."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads