Adventure: Food of the Gods - Part 2 (DM: ryryguy, Judge:renau1g)

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]The history check is buried inside the active perception check. It's only DC 12. The actual description of the jars has to come from Jynxx, though.[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Jynxx smiles as the thoughts enter his mind, [sblock=telepathy to palp] "Yes, do come back. I would think the symbol is quite enough to go off of."[/sblock]

Jynxx waits for Palp to make it safely back to the group before he fully address the others.

[sblock=ooc]

Thank you Ryryguy for getting the gist of what Jynxx was going for. I have been having internet issues with invisiblecastle and am NOT sure how to do the new stuff on here. Feel free to roll for me (its ok if you roll bad, cuz I prolly would of). 1d20+1 for stealth to peek Jynxx's head around the corner and then perception (if needed) at 1d20+11 to see what all I can tell. The description he gives the group will depend heavily on what he gets away with :) [/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Only]No problem if you want to use one of the other dice rollers besides invisible castle (if they work better for you).

And...
Stealth, Perception, Insight (for Jynxx) (1d20+1=5, 1d20+11=13, 1d20+12=24)
:D

So go ahead and read the insight block from that last post... but I guess not the perception (although Papol got it all, so you aren't really missing anything)[/sblock]

As Papolstaanas slinks carefully back towards the group, Jynxx cannot restrain his curiousity and leans out from behind a building for a quick look. The sun, low in the sky, reflects off his dazzling smile, shining a bright light directly in the eyes of the dragonborn guards and Papolstaanas' sister, startling them.

The mercenaries turn back to look. "Hey! It's that guy!" the big hobgoblin says loudly. He takes a few steps in the bard's direction, but the kobold hisses something to him, and he stops. He scowls at Jynxx, then turns his back and pushes the mule through the gate. The rest of the group follows, and the dragonborn shut the gate behind them.

[sblock=ooc]Ok. I'm going to be out of town the next few days. I'm bringing a laptop but not sure if I'll have internet. Should be back posting on Sunday. I will award XP at that time.

In the meantime, anyone can make rolls on the History check below as soon as Papolstaanas describes what he has seen...

Also I assume you'll be heading back to Fulcrum, and then on to Newhill.[/sblock]

[sblock=History DC 12 (active or passive)]
The seals on the jars described by Papolstaanas sound like they are from the Daunton Customs Office, indicating that the jars were shipped in from Daunton.
[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
"There were some jars and a crate," Papolstaanas says as he scampers back. "The jars had seals with two black wooden disks pressed into them. And the crate had a red trident in a circle. Who was that hobgoblin looking at?"

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]You haven't seen the red trident logo before.

I'm expecting to make a post tonight, hopefully with XP. I assume you are moving on back to Fulcrum. Let me know if you want to do anything there or if you want to go straight on to Newhill. (You should have plenty of time to make it back to Newhill before nightfall even if you spend an hour or two in Fulcrum, and giving a little extra time to deal with getting over the broken bridge.)[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Unless Castofle still needs something from Fulcrum, I don't really see a need to stop there on the way to Newhill; although passing through it still may be the fastest route, I'm not clear on that.

If everyone else really wants to go back there for something, I'm not going to object strongly though. It's just that since we are on a bit of a time limit, I'd hate to break it because we went needlessly out of the way.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]The route to Newhill passes through Fulcrum, so it's not out of your way. Fulcrum is in the center at the narrowest part of the island basically, so you have to pass through (or at least close) when going from one side to the other.

Another thing that may not have been obvious: if those jars came from Daunton, they would have had to pass through Fulcrum. There's no other port. So Fulcrum would be the logical place to look or ask around if you want to find out more about them.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=XP awards!]

Hello, judge! [MENTION=54810]renau1g[/MENTION]

Encounter XP: School
  • 1 Ankheg (Level 3 Elite Lurker) - 300 XP
  • 6 Ankheg Broodlings (Level 1 Minion) - 150 XP
  • 2 Mud Lashers (Level 3 Brute) - 300 XP
  • 1 Lesser Water Elemental (Level 2 Controller) - 125 XP
Total XP: 875 x2 (L4W bonus) = 1750 / 5 players =
350 XP each for Jynxx, Azryah, Papolstaanas, Chaku, Kaeysari

Time XP (as of 9/10/10):
(thanks again LadyLaw for helping to track this!)

• 4 months, 2 weeks, and 6 days (4.66 months) at level 1 (83 xp/month) = 387 XP
  • 3 months, 1 days (3.03 months) at level 2 (104 xp/month) = 314 XP

Total Time XP: 701

Total Award: 1051 XP

(That takes us to the point where time XP was doubled. Well, actually one day before, but I'm going to just start counting the doubled time from there rather than For now I'll leave it there. Also I am assuming that the original awards are the ones still listed on the charter, someone please correct me if I am wrong!)

GM: Note, this will put everyone at 2165 XP, just under a hundred points shy of level 3. I'll probably award the next batch of time XP before next extended rest to get you over the top. :)
[/sblock]

Remove ads