Adventure: Food of the Gods - Part 2 (DM: ryryguy, Judge:renau1g)

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Okie doke... once again I'll be out for the weekend (second wedding in two weeks), but we'll skip on to newhill on Monday assuming no one objects.

You can go ahead and prepare level 3 versions of your characters as well... won't be any encounters before next extended rest.[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
Following their breather, the group continues on back towards the Bonite village. Jaronel wants to tag along, curious to see what Castofle is going to do.

Another hour is passed in travel without major incident. One group of villagers approaches from the other direction, bearing a load of fish for sale in Fulcrum. They say that the bridge is still out, but a raft and towline have been rigged to provide easy crossing. They also volunteer that it is being watch by a couple of the village guards and, interestingly enough, several of the headman's "personal retainers" (i.e., the wights). "About time the 'honored ancestor' got off his dusty rear and helped us out a little," the youngest member of the group grouses before being shushed by his elders.

Just before reaching the river, the group once again reaches the spot along the road where the tracks of the ambush party lead into the jungle to the north. A day later now the signs of passage are minuscule but the sharp-eyed kalashtar can still easily spot them.

[sblock=ooc]So, want to check that path now, or continue directly to Newhill? There is plenty of daylight left.

Haven't heard from Only, BenBrown for a while... you guys still with us?[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I would say, drop Castofle off at the kitchen, and then come back down the path without any NPC's needin protection.[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]

Yup, still here. So far I haven't said much cuz the group and I thought along the same lines. I say on to newhill, but Jynxx would like to make a mental note of the spot to come back and visit....

[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
Continuing around the bend in the road, the party finds the situation at the bridge much as they had heard. On either side of the river is a village guard flanked by two of the wights, dead-eyed under their large headdresses. A rope has been rigged across the river, passing through a metal hoop atop a pole attached to a decent-sized raft. The closest guard recognizes you at once and waves you across.

Another fifteen minutes walk takes you to the village. Your arrival causes a small stir among the villagers who stare at you and murmur among themselves. A dwarf pushes through. It is Bwarli, the younger of the headman's two living attendants. He still has his headdress and staff but has washed off most of his pasty white skin paint. A wight trails a few yards behind him.

"You've returned!" Bwarli says with a huge smile. "What a relief! I told the Honored Ancestor about your plan to return with a Daunton chef, and he's gotten very excited. If you hadn't come back it would have been..." He shakes his head. "Um, you did find a chef?" He peers at Jaronel for a moment, then shifts his gaze to Castofle.

For his part, Castofle has been checking out the village and villagers with obvious interest, not really paying attention to Bwarli. But he notices the attention and grins back. "Sorry, what?"

Mewness

First Post
"A really good chef!" Papolstaanas says happily. "He knows all about all different kinds of food and, and everything... And we brought along some interesting new ingredients, too. Um, sorry about the bridge. Those crazy snake people rigged it to, to collapse, you see... And then we fell into--well, actually, I fell into the river with these horrible pointy fish and it was just... And the things we saw in the cow pasture were even weirder."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Jynxx smiles at Palp's explanation, "What my dear friend is trying to say, good dwarf, is that we have endeavored to do as we have promised you. I will not bore you with the explanation of the tales unless you would ask it of me, but I assure you the effort is well worth the prize. To satisfy the Honored Ones hunger, is a quest to do the land itself good." Jynxx winks at Bwarli, "If we can keep our chef's attention on his work and not the villagers."

ryryguy

First Post
Bwarli smiles back at Jynxx. "Well, I hope your journey wasn't too difficult. We saw that something had happened to the bridge, and the bodies there..." He gestures at a low building alongside the square. "Since the pyramid is not very comfortable, I made arrangements for you to stay here in the village. I've also tried to get a kitchen set up for you here. Master chef, please let me know if you'll be needing anything else, and also when you think you might have your dish prepared."

Castofle nods easily. "Sure thing! I'll just go give the place a look." He begins strolling over to the building that Bwarli indicated.

[sblock=ooc]I was going to post a bit more but just got called... but anybody have reactions or plans or other activities to pursue?[/sblock]

Remove ads