Adventure: Food of the Gods - Part 2 (DM: ryryguy, Judge:renau1g)

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock="Virtue of Prescience"]Jynxx could use Virtue of Prescience to negate the hit on Kaesari here... maybe she'd prefer taking the hit so she can use longtooth shifting though?[/sblock]

[sblock=virtue of prescience]I'm sure I'll have plenty of opportunity to get hit again. The damage bonus is nice, but probably not decisive. I'd rather go with negating the hit.[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
OOC: Just checking in to say I'm still here, just waiting to see what the others do so I can try and play clean up if need be.

BenBrown

First Post
Kaeysari swings her glaive at the snake monster, striking it hard.
"I've got this one, Az," she says. "Get clear if you need to."

Seeing her kobold friend in dire straits and surrounded by enemies she shouts "Buck up, Papolstaanas. The gods are on our side here!", then she steps forward and takes another swing at the snake, bringing it close to death. One more shot should do it.
[sblock=actions]5 acid damage (ongoing)
Standard: Covering Attack vs. Snakey Thing: 1d20+8=25 4d4+4=14. Snake is marked and Azryah can shift two squares.
Minor: Healing word on Papolstaanas. Papolstaanas gets surge value plus 1d6=1
Move: shift to K8.
AP->Standard: Weapon Master's Strike vs. Snakey Thing:1d20+8=25 2d4+4=11, (and here I said the +2 damage wouldn't be decisive) and Kaeysari gets an OA if the snake shifts.
Saving throw vs. Slow, Acid: 1d20=11[/sblock][sblock=Kaeysari stat block]Kaeysari Female Longtooth Shifter Fighter 2
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 19, Passive Insight: 14, Senses: Low-light
AC:19, Fort:17, Reflex:13, Will:14
HP:13?/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:10/10
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Weapon Master's Strike, Reaping Strike, Pass Forward, Covering Attack,
Longtooth Shifting,
Villain's Menace, Healing Word
[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
Papolstaanas brightens at Kaeysari's words. "I do feel better, actually," he says a little doubtfully. (He doesn't look much better.) He staggers away from the enemies engaging him, somehow evading their blows, and swings his hammer in the direction of the large snake-monster, even though it is much too far away. But the hammer flies out of his hands and crushes the creature's head, then slides back to Papolstaanas along the ground, as though buoyed up by the grass.

[sblock=actions]I was going to rearrange the critters but putting down the big thing seems more important.

Papolstaanas gains 11 hp and loses a surge.

Font of life: 1d20=1. Thanks for the heal, Ben!

Papolstaanas takes 5 ongoing.

Free: mark all adjacent. (Broodling 3 and both lashers)

Minor: shift to K6 (where the vortex was).

Standard: thorn strike on big snakey thing. 1d20+8=28 1d10+5=12 is a crit on something with one HP left. Hee.

Athletics check for mud: 1d20+9=12 fail. Papolstaanas is slowed.

Minor: shift to J7 (where Kaeysari was)

Save vs. ongoing damage: 1d20=12 succeeds.[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]Papolstaanas Male Kobold Warden 2
Initiative: +3
Passive Perception: 17; Passive Insight: 12; Senses: Normal
AC:19, Fort:16, Reflex:15, Will:13
+2 defenses against traps
HP: 10/40, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:11/12
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Shifty
Thorn Strike
Weight of Earth
Warden’s Fury (immediate interrupt)
Warden’s Grasp (immediate reaction)

Gale Strike
Erupting Font
Second Wind
Student of the Sword (feat)

Form of Winter's Herald

Conditions: slowed (by mud)

Full sheet: Papolstaanas[/sblock]

Mezegis

First Post
Chaku grits his teeth in frustration as the others finally bring the snakebeast down. Turning, he sets his sights on the mud lashers before him. Seeing the divine glow of Merkari illuminating the far foe, the goliath steps up, his maul whirling up a new "vortex" of mud, rock, and grass as it spins in his hands. Leaping high above the beast, he brings it crashing down with all his might. The lasher goes to slither out of the way, but Merkari is not one to be triffled with, and the lasher slips on an unusually wet patch of mud and lands flat on his back. His foe now open, the hammer strikes home, the impact spraying mud, and mud lasher, everywhere.

With a foe finally falling before him, he bellows in triumph, feeling envigorated by the mudlust.

[sblock=Mechanics]Move: Shift to L5
Standard: Avalanche strike on Lasher 1: 1d20+8=12 6d6+8=30, Miss, but wait, Merkari has other plans! Divine Guidance reroll: 1d20+8=17 Hit, and splat goes the mud lasher.
Rageblood Vigor grants 2 THP.[/sblock]
[sblock=Chaku's stats]Chaku - Goliath Barbarian 2
Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 11
AC 18, Fort 16, Reflex 12, Will 13
HP 26+2/40, Bloodied 20, Surge Value 10, Surges 8/10
Speed 6, Initiative +3
Action Points: 0, Second wind
At-Will Powers: Howling Strike, Howl of Fury
Encounter Powers: Avalanche Strike, Swift Charge, Stone's Endurance, Shrug it Off
Daily Powers: Swift Panther Rage
Racial Features: Mountain's Tenacity, Powerful Athlete, Stone's Endurance
Class Features: Barbarian Agility, Feral Might, Rageblood Vigor, Rampage
[/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=Shifting for Covering Attack]Azryah shifts 2 squares to M6[/sblock]

[sblock=Azryah Mini-stats]
Azryah - Female Deva Avenger (Censure: Retribution) 2
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15
AC:19, Fort:14, Ref:15, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:20/34, Bloodied:17, Surge Value:8, Surges Left: 8/9

Action Points: 0, MI Daily Uses: 0, Milestones: 0
Powers: Bond of Retribution, Radiant Vengeance, Frost Greatsword +1 Cold DMG On/Off
Oath of Enmity, Avenging Echo, Enduring Spirit, Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes, Channel Divinity: Abjure Undead, Channel Divinity: Divine Guidance, Second Wind
Argent Mantle, Frost Greatsword +1 DMG&Slow

Damage Resistence: 6 vs. Necrotic & Radiant

Special: +1 to all defenses vs. attacks by bloodied creatures

Censure of Retribution: When any enemy other than my Oath of Enmity target hits me, I gain a +3 bonus to damage rolls against my Oath of Enmity target until the end of my next turn. This bonus is cumulative.

Conditions: [/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Last round: "Virtue of Prescience"]Ok, this was used to prevent the hit on Kaeysari last turn - perhaps Jynxx nobly jumped in the way to shield her, resulting in the crit on himself? :) So Kaeysari regains 10 hp to 28, and also didn't take the 5 ongoing at the start of her turn.[/sblock]
[sblock=Last round: Bond of Retribution]Yes Mud Lasher 1 took 3 from that, I missed it. And I'll go ahead and give you the vulnerability as well so it took 8 total.[/sblock]

Azryah pulls her feet free of the mud as the acid continues to burn her. She uses the mud to glide to the side and brings her sword to bear against the vortex. As her sword cuts through the swirling mass, the mud seems to freeze up; and when the sword breaks out the other side, the thing shatters completely.

Pivoting sharply, her rage burning as she was burned, she arcs the sword up and brings it down again upon the giant snake thing that burrows so adeptly around the field. The cold doesn't seem to affect it as harshly, but she still deals it a mighty blow, the edges of its wounds turning a pale blue as the cold runs through its veins.

Kaeysari swings her glaive at the snake monster, striking it hard.
"I've got this one, Az," she says. "Get clear if you need to."

Seeing her kobold friend in dire straits and surrounded by enemies she shouts "Buck up, Papolstaanas. The gods are on our side here!", then she steps forward and takes another swing at the snake, bringing it close to death. One more shot should do it.

Papolstaanas brightens at Kaeysari's words. "I do feel better, actually," he says a little doubtfully. (He doesn't look much better.) He staggers away from the enemies engaging him, somehow evading their blows, and swings his hammer in the direction of the large snake-monster, even though it is much too far away. But the hammer flies out of his hands and crushes the creature's head, then slides back to Papolstaanas along the ground, as though buoyed up by the grass.

[sblock=Mewness]Thanks for straightening out your hit points (and for being honest!).[/sblock]
Chaku grits his teeth in frustration as the others finally bring the snakebeast down. Turning, he sets his sights on the mud lashers before him. Seeing the divine glow of Merkari illuminating the far foe, the goliath steps up, his maul whirling up a new "vortex" of mud, rock, and grass as it spins in his hands. Leaping high above the beast, he brings it crashing down with all his might. The lasher goes to slither out of the way, but Merkari is not one to be triffled with, and the lasher slips on an unusually wet patch of mud and lands flat on his back. His foe now open, the hammer strikes home, the impact spraying mud, and mud lasher, everywhere.

With a foe finally falling before him, he bellows in triumph, feeling envigorated by the mudlust.

Jynxx moves back, away from the fray. "Get the big one!" Jynxx words fall on deaf ears as the sounds of battle rise over him.

[sblock=Stirring Shout]Even on the miss, the HP-pinata follow-on effect is in place. Everyone (except Jynxx himself) will heal 5 hp each time they hit it with an attack.[/sblock]
[sblock=Jynxx saving throw]Rolling it for him: Saving throw for Jynxx (1d20=8) Fail.

Only, remember to roll your saves so I don't fail them for you! ;)[/sblock]
Perhaps affected by the death of their mother (or father? or both?), the broodlings go into a sudden frenzy, blindly attacking whoever is closest to them. Their attacks are ineffective, save for one that slips past the avenger's defenses and gouges a deep wound in her leg with a sharp mandible. As the creatures attack or just get close to the deva (one is pushed by a mysterious sudden gust of wind), glowing energy arcs off her and they explode in small showers of chitin, ichor, and mud. Only two remain.

The last mud creature shows no fear or anger or hesitation after the destruction of its fellows. Perhaps that is simply because it has no face. But in any case, it continues to fight. It rolls away from the deva, having seen the broodlings' fate, and lashes out at Chaku. Its attack is feeble and misses badly - perhaps its resolve is shaken after all?

[sblock=Warden's Grasp]Triggers Warden's Grasp... you might want to slide it back next to Azryah for the 8 hp damage, but maybe not, since that won't trigger the Stirring Shout heal. It might be better to finish it with actual attacks? (It has 21 hp left.)

(By the way, the target of Warden's Grasp is only slowed/cannot shift until the end of the target's turn... so that is moot in this situation.)[/sblock]
[sblock=Almost over!]All right, you can probably wrap this up this round!

FYI, I'm going to be out of town this weekend and unable to post. Not even to answer questions and the like. But I will be checking in tomorrow (Friday) before I go!
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mechanics]
Broodling 1
  • Move: to M7
  • Standard: Mandible Rip vs. Az Mandible Rip (w/CA) vs. Az (1d20+4+2=19) Just hits AC 19! (I'm not missing any modifiers am I?) 6 damage to Az (bloodied), then broodling dies from Avenging Echo.
Broodling 2
Broodling 3
Broodling 5
  • Mandible Rip vs Papol (1d20+4=11) Miss.
    Broodling 6
  • Move to K2 (tunneling out to surface)
  • Charge to L4 Mandible Rip (charge) vs Chaku (1d20+4+1=16) Miss.
    Mud Lasher 2
    [/sblock]
    [sblock=Status]
    18 Chaku - L5 - 26/40 + 2 THP (8/10) AP: 0
    17 --- ENEMIES ---
    Broodling 5 - J6
    Broodling 6 - L4
    Mud Lasher 2 - M4 (Warden's Grasp pending) - 21/52 - marked by Papol; Stirring Shout (heal 5 hp when you hit it); bloodied; Drowning Slam, Amorphous Body used
    ---------------
    17 Papolstaanas - J7 10/40 (12/12) AP: 1 - bloodied
    6 Jynxx - I8 - 16/29 (7/8) AP: 0 - slowed, ongoing 5 acid (save ends both)
    4 Kaeysari - K8 - 28/39 (10/10) AP: 0
    2 Azryah - M6 - 14/34 (8/9) AP: 0 - Avenging Echo; bloodied
    [/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]
    Pasture Fence This low wooden fence provides cover to creatures behind it. It takes a DC 10 Athletics check to climb or hurdle it. (There are gaps in it as well.)

Deep Mud The entire pasture is fairly muddy, but the brown areas are especially deep mud. When a character enters or starts his turn in an area of deep mud, he is slowed until the end of his turn, unless he succeeds at a DC 15 athletics check. (You only must make the check once per turn - if you succeed, you can move normally in the mud for the rest of the turn.)

Stream difficult terrain

Rocks/Boulders - difficult terrain, and provide cover.

Tunnel Entrance - The large snake creature leaves tunnels behind it when it burrows. Tunnel entrances are marked by craters on the map. (e.g., P10) Treat the crater as difficult terrain if you just want to enter the square but not the tunnel. Stunt attacks to create new entrances may be possible if you know where the tunnel is - or are inside and want to make an exit.

Tunnels Tunnels are indicated by reddish brown lines on the map. (Not all tunnels are shown, only those that a PC has entered or seen.) There is bright light in the entrance square, dim light in areas within 1 or 2 squares of an entrance, and darkness farther in.

Medium creatures (and the snake thing of course) can enter these tunnels and move through them. Entering the tunnel at an entrance is automatic and no movement cost beyond entering the entrance square; leaving the tunnel and going back on the surface at an entrance requires a DC 10 Athletics check (this moves you from underground to the surface of the entrance square at a cost of 1 movement; failure ends the move action).

(If it isn't obvious, there is no line of sight or effect between creatures that are underground and creatures on the surface, except at the entrance squares... creatures at the entrance squares have cover against each other if they are on opposite sides of the surface)
    [/sblock]
    [sblock=Enemies]
    Huge snakey creature
    HP 100, bloodied 50
    AC 17, Fort 14, Ref 16, Will 14
    Basic Attack: Claw +8 vs AC; 1d8+5 damage

Snakey broodlings
    HP 1 (minion)
    AC 15, Fort 12, Ref 14, Will 12
    Basic Attack: Claw +5 (+9 if grabbed by big snakey) vs AC; 4 damage

Mud Lasher
    HP 52, bloodied 26
    AC 15, Fort 16, Ref 14, Will 14 (Immune disease, poison)
    Basic Attack: Slam +6 (+8 vs slowed or immobilized creatures) vs AC; 2d6+3 damage
    Sensitive to Cold: Whenever the mud lasher takes cold damage, it gains vulnerable 5 against the next attack that hits it before the end of its next turn.

Mud Vortex
    HP 38, bloodied 19
    AC 16, Fort 15, Ref 14, Will 13 (Immune disease, poison)
    Basic Attack: Slam +4 vs Reflex; 1d6 damage, and ongoing 5 damage (save ends)
    Sensitive to Cold: Whenever the mud vortex takes cold damage, it gains vulnerable 5 against the next attack that hits it before the end of its next turn.

[/sblock]
    [sblock=Map]
    school_5.png
    [/sblock]

LadyLaw

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'll wait to take my turn until mewness posts if he did warden's grasp the lasher back adjacent to Az for the 8 Echo damage.[/sblock]

Remove ads