• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Adventure] KOGANÙSAN (DM: Sanzuo, Judge: TwoHeadsBarking)

Sanzuo

First Post
As the party continues to advance and Karma moves the stone to set off more boulder traps, Shale, Halleck and Karma nod to one another and get ready for the hidden archers to show themselves again.

As soon as movement is seen, Shale unleashes a churning psionic attack that deposits a nauseating mass of scrambled organic matter outside the fortifications... far more matter than could compose a single creature. The next creature that appears gets a verbal insult from Halleck so fierce that it cracks the stone around the arrow slit. The enemy manages to withstand the attack but Karma catches it in a psionic blast of his own, disheartening the creature so much that its eyeballs explode out of its face. The party can now hear panicked screeching coming through the fortifications.

No more enemies show themselves for some reason...

[sblock=Actions, Round 2:]Shale: Move to K18, ready dimensional scramble fort 16, 9 damage
Halleck: Move to C18, Ready Vicious Mockery, Miss
Brenwar: Double move
Shrakk: Move to M18, defensive

Enemies: Appears
Shale: Readied action dimensional scramble
Enemies: Appears
Halleck: Readied action miss
Enemies: Silence...[/sblock][sblock=Status]????
Minion
AC 14; Fort 12; Ref 14; Will 13*
Basic Attack: N/A
* Enemies have superior cover, -5 to your attacks!!!!!
  • Brenwar: 49/53 hp
  • Shrakk: 29/41 hp, 2 surges spent, -1 healing surge
  • Halleck: 24/35 hp, 4 surges spent, -1 healing surge
  • Kavac: 35/39 hp, 2 surges spent
  • Shale: 25/29 hp
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
battle03map05.png
[/sblock][sblock=Terrain]
  • The ceiling is 2 squares above the walkway
  • The dark areas are a 4 square drop into water
  • The north and south wall are sheer and meet the ceiling
  • The east wall is sheer with arrow slits carved every square
  • The squares on and behind the rock (R) are de-trapped
  • The enemies are behind the arrow slits
[/sblock]

Cute-Hydra

First Post
OOC: Sorry for my petulance, I was wondering if it was any of the holiday people, was checking quickly before leaving somewhere else. :(

Karma will continue to move rocks, to activate the remainder of the traps if uninterrupted.

Someone

Adventurer
Still watching the arrow slits, Shale gives the rest of the group time to catch him. "You were right; let's not hurry. I'll keep them off the slits if they try to come back while the rest of you clear the way."

[sblock=actions]Move: shift one square south to L18, standard ready the same last turn's action: as soon anyone moves to the space behind any of the arrow slits, manifest Dimensional Scramble centered in that space, though I fail the roll :S

It it's useful, use the orb's encounter power (immediate interrupt, use Will defense instead of AC, spend 1 power point to raise Will save to 20)[/sblock]

[sblock= Combat Stats]
Shale, shardmind psion 2
Initiative: +1, Speed: 6 Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 16
AC: 18 Fort: 12, Reflex: 16, Will: 16, Resist: 5/psychic
HP: 25/29, Bloodied: 14, Surge Value: 7, Surges Left: 7/7
Action Points: 1, Power points 2/2
Powers
At-Will Powers:Static Mote, Dimensional Scramble
Encounter Powers: Far Hand (X) Forceful Push ( ) Shard Swarm ( ) Intellect Fortress (X) Item: Orb of mental constitution ( ) Second Wind ( )
Daily Powers: Living Missile ( )
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
Halleck moved up swiftly, speaking softly as he reached others. "Quickly now, while there is time."

[sblock=Action]Double Move to M18[/sblock]

Someone

Adventurer
OOC: It's been almost a week since the last GM post. Perhaps we could assume the rest of us just move forward? I'd hate to see this game wither and die

Sanzuo

First Post
GM: I'M STILL HERE.

Sorry, last week I had exams in 3 out of 4 of my classes. Also I was giving time for the other players to post. I guess we'll put Shrakk and Kavac in limbo until they check-in again.

Expect a (real) update tonight.

Someone

Adventurer
GM: I'M STILL HERE.

I should have been clearer. I meant "It's been almost a week since the last GM post and still not everyone has posted". And that perhaps some of the players have problems, or don't have reliable intenet access, and it'd be better to NPC them for the moment.

Good luck with your exams, btw!

Sanzuo

First Post
GM: Update!

The party makes the quick decision to advance towards the entrance, despite not know what may lay ahead. Plus, they do not know when the mystery archers may decide to get their courage back and unleash more arrows.

Karma noisily disables the rest of the traps and everyone else scampers quickly to the only ingress to the north. The door seems quite stuck, but a few blows from Kavac's meaty shoulder sends the old stone door crumbling inwards. Beyond is a dark, narrow corridor. The party quickly shuffles inside.

You all advance a fair distance down the corridor, perhaps 50 or 60 feet until you come to another door. Again, Kavac makes short work of it and steps back to catch his breath. Shrakk keeps to the rear to look out for any surprises from behind and the rest of you get a good look beyond the door.

It seems you have entered a reasonably-sized chamber filled with rotten, collapsing bunks arranged military-style along the walls. There are the remnants of some simple tables and chairs in the center of the room. You are guessing this was a bunk room for active-duty soldiers or guards.

There are large doorways to the north and west.

[sblock=Map]
battle04map01.png
[/sblock][sblock=Terrain]
  • The ceiling is 10 feet (2 squares) high.
  • The bunks are blocking terrain.
  • The chairs and tables are difficult terrain.
  • The only illumination is from the group's sunrod.
[/sblock]

GM: I decided you guys had probably had enough of that last room. Also the archers have wisely decided to hold off for now. If you want, you could have taken a short rest in the corridor, but that means that Karma's telekinetic power will be exhausted.

Remove ads