• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"Not sure what to do. But what are our possible courses of action? Would we all be able to climb on the wall or just jump over the pit to avoid it? I'm a pretty good climber and Fenwick and Rujah look like they got the muscles for it.
we could
a) wait in hope the spikes will retract after some time automatically.
b) try to climb and jump. Maybe looking at the other side for a lever to disable a trap, if not everyone tries this.
c) go back.
Any option I forgot?"
Riardon asks the others..

[sblock=OOC]

Using sunblade to get enough bright light. Also, dealing radiant damage unless saying otherwise.

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 17
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 54 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:13 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
"Going back just means we'll likely face a different obstacle," Mervin muses. "At least this one involves thinking. And I doubt our friend from the beach will expect us to come this way. As for climbing or jumping..." Mervin looks at the group, and then himself. "Not really my strong suit."

[sblock=ooc]I guess we're already waiting, right?

Not really sure if we want to try a lever or not, especially since the inscription says not to bother with them.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The party sits for some time discussing what to do next. After what appears to be the better part of half an hour goes by, the group begins to deduce that maybe the 'Patient' part of the code was an instruction for what to do should the trap be sprung.

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"I think we had enough patients. Time to look for not so 'pretty' levers!" Riardon says, guessing that the pretty means that there are other levers.

[sblock=OOC]

Taking 10 (19) and then 20 (29) on this. We have already wasted much time, so this will not matter much. The others can try something else if they want.

-----

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"Perhaps the spikes do not retract into the floor, but rather the floor raises up, concealing the spikes. That could be the magic at play here," Gensai suggested. "Before we try the levers, since the inscription seems to warm against it, why don't we throw something in the pit to see what happens. Perhaps a pack, attached to a rope?"

The swordmage drew his blade and then pressed down through the air where the pit is, to ensure it isn't an illusion. Crouching, he took a closer look at the pit itself.

[sblock=ooc]Looking for signs on the spikes that the trap has been recently triggered. [/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Riardon

"I think we had enough patients. Time to look for not so 'pretty' levers!" Riardon says, guessing that the pretty means that there are other levers.

[sblock=OOC]

Taking 10 (19) and then 20 (29) on this. We have already wasted much time, so this will not matter much. The others can try something else if they want.[/sblock]
Riardon finds no other levers.
The swordmage drew his blade and then pressed down through the air where the pit is, to ensure it isn't an illusion. Crouching, he took a closer look at the pit itself.[sblock=ooc]Looking for signs on the spikes that the trap has been recently triggered. [/sblock]
Gensai's blade reaches down into the pit that is very real. The spikes are several feet in length. Some even reach to within reach of the rhonin's blade, though the pit is at least ten feet deep. He notices, though that some pavers on the floor of the pit extend beneath the pit wall, thus it is not likely that the whole floor was designed to rise around the spikes.
[sblock=Gensai & Riardon]It appears that the trap involving the large stone wall and the levers has not yet been sprung.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"I'm afraid I'm out of ideas right know. Manipulating everything we found so far seems to trigger trap and nothing seems to lower the spikes. Some of us could try to climb, but I'm hesitant to suggest to split up." Riardon thinks aloud.

[sblock=OOC]

We checked the walls and the floors specifically. Anything strange about the ceiling?

-----

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]We checked the walls and the floors specifically. Anything strange about the ceiling?[/sblock]
OOC: The ceiling is fifteen feet high over the entire pit, out above the antechamber area and above the landing beyond the pit. The entire ceiling above the antechamber has been polished smooth (most likely to accommodate movement of the large stone wall. The ceiling over the pit and the landing beyond has a more rough-hewn, natural look to it. As mentioned before, there is a large stone slab suspended inside a slot in the ceiling at the entrance to the antechamber, likely designed to keep anyone who triggers the trap from escaping back the way they came.

Remove ads