Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

Frustrated that he sprung a trap his allies suffer, Riardon looks around for another lever or something else that could disarm the trap.

[sblock=OOC]

Perception, Thievery (1d20+9=24, 1d20+3=18)

-----

If I choose an action for rujah, can I use any at-will or encounter power? What about dailies?

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 17
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 54 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:13 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
A quick, but careful look around reveals that there are no levers; however, Riardon immediately sees the mechanism that released the snakes. It was concealed cleverly enough that he would never have found it had he not tripped it. In any case, he learns, much to his dismay that it is a simple string release mechanism, and once tripped the damage is done.

The warlord now has a choice: return to help his friends, or watch helplessly as they fight for their lives.

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: No way to trigger the safety valve on the pit trap? Man, this sucks. I think the DM is punishing us for letting you take all the risks, WD. :p

We should probably take turns RPing Rujah, since I will need to manage our plethra of marks. But, I'm not good on spare time this week, so I'll cede to you this go round. Probably a good time to drop dragonfire.

Tactics: They are going to dance around us. Might as well withdraw so we can get into combat position. Maybe we can even push them into the pit.

WD, got any ranged powers you can use?

"Masters, retreat. We must draw them into a more advantageous position," Gensai said. "I will cover your withdraw."

(Actions delayed until Mervin goes)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: Climbing the wall during combat:

Climbing the wall is a move action with at DC 13 Athletics Check for every square traversed. Movement is as if you are slowed (2 squares/ action).

Failure means that you have to stop in the square of your last success and you lose whatever actions you have left.

Failure by more than 5 (or a roll of a natural 1) and you fall into the pit.

Attacks from the wall suffer a -2 penalty

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Thanks. I will start climbing next round. I think I have already used up my actions for this... I will add a roll anyway, in case I have one move left.

evilbob

Explorer
OOC: Init.

If Mervin goes before the snakes he'll try to daze them - otherwise I may just use Winged Horde every round to make sure we can all move freely.

I'm all for the "let's back up to be in range of the healer" plan. :)

OOC: Edit: Yay! Except I guess I meant if Mervin and the people in front of him move before the snakes... :) Maybe I can prone them so it will be harder for them to reach us and attack. I'll see how everyone's rolls go. HMG, can you roll for the absent people?

Also, I just noticed something on the map: I'm pretty sure part of the "trap" area is a moving wall to push us into the pit... Maybe that's what the levers do?

OOC: Edit again: Um, if the design of the tiny room is to push us into the pit, I wonder if we should actually stay in the hallway with the snakes...? Eh, guess not - too many melee types in the group.

Last edited:

Remove ads