• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Well guys, we have some kind of complex trap device, no good way to avoid it, and some levers that tell us not to use them. Seeing as how nothing else seems to be happening, I'm guessing we might as well try a lever, since they're the only thing in the entire room that could possibly do anything that we've seen so far. Our other option is to go back and try another way, but I'm thinking the river mouth was probably pretty well defended, and a bit of a choke-point. This trap area is clearly designed to be difficult for anyone who can't just walk through it, so hopefully it will come out in a more advantageous position for us.

All in all, I see only one course of action at the moment: start pushing levers. If anyone else can come up with a better idea I'm all for it, but so far I can't see any other options, unless someone wants to just risk taking some poison damage and walk across the bottom of the pit. HMG: Does it seem like one could walk across the bottom without a problem? I dunno - maybe it's better to just climb down and walk across rather than risk falling damage AND poison.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Well guys, we have some kind of complex trap device, no good way to avoid it, and some levers that tell us not to use them. Seeing as how nothing else seems to be happening, I'm guessing we might as well try a lever, since they're the only thing in the entire room that could possibly do anything that we've seen so far. Our other option is to go back and try another way, but I'm thinking the river mouth was probably pretty well defended, and a bit of a choke-point. This trap area is clearly designed to be difficult for anyone who can't just walk through it, so hopefully it will come out in a more advantageous position for us.

All in all, I see only one course of action at the moment: start pushing levers. If anyone else can come up with a better idea I'm all for it, but so far I can't see any other options, unless someone wants to just risk taking some poison damage and walk across the bottom of the pit. HMG: Does it seem like one could walk across the bottom without a problem? I dunno - maybe it's better to just climb down and walk across rather than risk falling damage AND poison.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]It isn't that hard for strong characters that are trained at athletics to reach the other side. Looking on the other side for a switch or waiting there if the others want to try the levers would be preferable. Wouldn't like bing pushed in the spikes when on can climb over them.

Gensai's armor could change the ongoing poison to regeneration, if he walks through the spike, so the weak link is Mervin. You can decide if you want to try the levers, but perhaps you should wait until the others are on the other side.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

Riardon tries to climb the wall, but has to retreat both times. The second time he nearly reached the other side.

[sblock=OOC]

Climb (1d20+12=21, 1d20+12=14, 1d20+12=18, 1d20+12=26, 1d20+12=26, 1d20+12=31)

Second try starting with 18. 2 more to go

Climb (1d20+12=13, 1d20+12=14)

Back to the start :mad:, or could he use his racial teleport once he sees no further holds?

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
AC 22 Fortitude 19 Reflex 19 Will 17
Initiative: +3
Hit Points: 54 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:13 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"I shall guard Master Mervin," Gensai said, then turning to the wizard, "Master, perhaps we should step back, in case they trigger the trap, which some how forces us into the pit."

OOC: Unless Mervin says no, we're moving back into the hallway which leads into the antechamber.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
GM: Riardon can use his teleportation power. Please specify the square. The map is below to keep you from having to go back and look.

BTW WD: You've got soooooome friends, "You go ahead and climb across the pit with the poisonous spikes. We'll wait riiiiiiight heeeeeere."
[sblock=Map]
WalrynRound3.png
[/sblock][sblock=Nature DC 12]The jelly-like substance coating the spikes is a highly poisonous neurotoxin, but it is only dangerous if it is introduced directly into the bloodstream(OG 5 poison damage (Save Ends. Roll multiple saves if necessary. The number of failures before a save indicates the amount of damage taken)[sblock=DC 17]Reptilian creatures, such as dragons, lizardmen, kobolds, and dragonborn, are immune to the poison.[/sblock][/sblock][sblock=Climbing the Wall]You can traverse one square along the wall of the pit for every successful Athletics DC 17 check. Failure means that you can not find a hand-hold or foot hold to continue. You end up returning to the antechamber to restudy the wall (start the challenge over again) or try something different. Failure by more than 5 means that you fall into the pit. If you start over and fail for a total of three failed crossings, you fall in following the third failed crossing.[/sblock][sblock= Leaping the Pit. (You must declare this separately from Climbing the Wall)]At Athletics DC25, you can leap the entire length of the pit with a running start. Failure means that you get cold feet just before you leap. Failure by more than 5 means that you pluck up the courage to jump, but you end up missing the far platform and fall into the pit. Which square you fall into depends on how much you fail by.
A roll of:
18-19 puts you in column 5
16-17 puts you in column 6
14-15 puts you in column 7
12-13 puts you in column 8
11-12 puts you in column 9
10 or below puts you in column 10[/sblock]
OOC: All levers are currently pointed North. If you play with the levers, please indicate what orientation you put them in and in which order you throw them.

Feel free to be creative with your investigations and your solutions, but make a separate check for each new investigation using an appropriate skill.
[sblock=Spike Pit]Fall damage = 1d10
Spikes: [sblock=If a character falls in] Attack: +8 vs Reflex 2d10+OG 5 poison damage (Save Ends. Roll multiple saves if necessary. The number of failures before a save indicates the amount of damage taken)[/sblock][sblock=If a creature tries to walk along the floor of the pit]Attack: +5 Reflex for every square traversed. 1d4+OG 5 poison damage (Save Ends. Roll multiple saves if necessary. The number of failures before a save indicates the amount of damage taken). OG damage does not stack if the creature has already been exposed, but if the creature saves and is re-exposed, the OG damage is, again, applied.[/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: WD just needs to specify the square in which he will end his teleport. The rest of you are free to post actions while you wait from the relative safety of the corridor.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Riardon makes it halfway across the pit, and finds it no problem at all to teleport to the other side, "I'm OK!" he hollers back to his companions waiting in the corridor, "I made it!"

Just as these words are leaving his lips, however, he feels something move beneath his feet. Was that a 'click' he heard?

Riardon's companions hear a rumbling behind them in the corridor. They turn around to see a section of the northern wall crumbling away, unleashing a violent flow of water. Though it lasts for only a few seconds, leaving the floor drenched, but not flooded, the flow carries with it two unwelcome additions to the party.

Two large snakes slither out of the newly formed hole in the rock, hungry and frustrated from a long imprisonment.
OOC: Theroc will not be able to post until the end of November, so I'm going to ask one of you to post for him. I haven't heard from @BenBrown:, but I imagine he's nursing his hands and arms. If he cannot post, he may need some help as well.
[sblock=Snakes' Initiative]1d20+3=22[/sblock][sblock=Terrain]Water does not change terrain.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
WalrynsLayerRound3.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]FYI: The serpents are NOT considered to be "in water"

2X
BlackwaterSerpent.png
[/sblock]

Remove ads