• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Always be worried. I think we're all going to die in this encounter, but HMG doesn't want us to get killed by a bunch of minions, so he is conjuring up some kind of giant sea creature. We're goners for sure! ;)
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I promise. No sea serpents in this encounter (but thanks for the idea).[/sblock]The roar on the deck lifts to a frenzy as more drowned ones attempt to replace their fallen. Though Rujah and Fenwick seem to have obliterated large numbers of zombies, the tide of undead seems to have no end. The zombie who managed to avoid Fenwick’s rending howl lashes out at Riardon, as another attacks from behind. The pair, however seem distracted as their attempts to pound the warlord fail miserably.
Talon, however, is not so lucky. One of the wretched creatures manages to climb over the rail and take a bite out of his thigh. He suppresses a scream as the septic wound bleeds freely. He has no time, however, to nurse wounds, for as his mind focuses on the battle at hand, he and his companions notice that the din from the deck of the ship has hushed, and the forms, once bunched up along the rail of the ship have moved back to make way for something.

Suddenly, a bloodcurdling howl erupts from the deck of the ship. A bone-white figure clad in bloodied rags leaps from the deck, somersaulting trough the air and lands on the stern of the launch with a bone-crushing crunch that nearly jars the fangs out of Dayna’s skull. She shrinks back a little, more out of surprise than fear.

Ignoring the wolf, the hideous form lunges out over top of her with sword-like claws of bone slicing the air in front of Talon’s nose, daring the shifter to do any further damage to either him or his minions. He screams, a high pitched shriek that billows a wind of rotting vapor into Talon’s nostrils, and his staring eyes appear as dark voids of endless doom, “Come! Let us play, and we will see who may sail on the winds of the fallen!”

[sblock=Mechanics]Moves:
I6-H2
F6-H6,I5,I4,H3
H6-I6
G6-H6
DO on the deck: Jumps to I5 *splash*
DOs on the deck: Make room for the bad guy
Boneclaw: Jump to G5-H6 (DO at H6 is effectively prone)
Damage from fall: 2d10=19 Ouch!

Attacks:
I0: Slam 1d20+5=9 Misses Riardon
H2: Slam 1d20+5=17 Misses Riardon
H3: Slam 1d20+5= 22 Hit;4 damage to Talon
Boneclaw: Claw 1d20+9=14 Misses Talon[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Jin G1 20/32 AP 1 HS 6
Fenwick G2 25/37 AP 1 HS 11
Riardon H1 23/39 AP 1 HS 8
Talon G3 15(17)/31 Bloodied (Shifting) AP 1 HS 8
Dayna G4 18/30 AP 1 HS 2
Rujah H07/41 Bloodied AP 1 HS 12

Dwarf: G-4 7/24 Bloodied, Restrained
Boneclaw: G5-H6 115/134 AP 1

DO locations: H2, H3, F5, I5, H6, I6.
The rest are either dead or on the ship deck.

Good luck.[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ManOverboardRound6.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
DrownedOne.png

Boneclawpicture.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I realize this guy is a bigger threat, but you didn't put the location of any moving minions in the status block. I don't think we can ignore them entirely.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"Talon! Rujah! Clear the deck on the small water Oni!" Jin Orders.

[sblock=Tactics]Jin needs to get next to this guy, which is going to suck, because I have to take an OA to get into range. Based on the write up, it's not clear if he automatically gets another OA on an OA-hit, or if he gets to take another OA if I provoke a second OA after an OA hit. Either way, OAs suck, especially since I am low on health.

Start with the DO at H3. If you guys can kill both DO, great. I will second wind, rush in, hopefully avoid an OA, and AP for my daily. If you only kill H3, I plan to shield of blades the other one, and repeat above plan.

This thing is vulnerable to radiant. So, if you got it, lets use it. This should be a tough battle.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
"Big enemy! Let Fenwick at 'em!" Fenwick hollers. "Out of way, lesser foes!"

With a wild echoing shout, Fenwick tumbles over the prow of the boat, maintaining his balance as he brings his axe down on the zombie in the dinghy. His thunderous yell is so powerful it wipes out another foe, leaving Riardon unthreatened.

[sblock=actions]
Move: to H -1
Minor: Athletics to stay upright in boat: 1d20+9=25
Standard: Howl of Fury vs. I0: 1d20+8=19 This removes both I0, and does 3 damage to any other enemies (it specifies enemies) in the area H0-J2, which means H2 of those we can see.[/sblock]
[sblock=Fenwick stat block]Fenwick

Male Orc Barbarian 2
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11, Senses: Low-light
AC:18, Fort:16, Reflex:13, Will:14
HP:25/37, Bloodied:18, Surge Value:9, Surges left:11/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers:Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph,
Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off,
Swift Panther Rage, Vanguard Execution Axe

Feral Might: When Fenwick bloodies an enemy, the next attack by him
or one of his allies against that enemy gains a +3 bonus to the attack roll.
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]
I realize this guy is a bigger threat, but you didn't put the location of any moving minions in the status block. I don't think we can ignore them entirely.
Yeah. I'll retcon to include this in the status block. I figured that the "Moves" subsection in the Mechanics block would give the locations of the active minions, but if I were a player, I would want them all in one place myself ;).
...Based on the write up, it's not clear if he automatically gets another OA on an OA-hit, or if he gets to take another OA if I provoke a second OA after an OA hit.
I understand your confusion. The way I intend to play this is that if the first OA hits, then it's as if he didn't perform an OA this turn. That means if you provoke again, he can OA you again (max two OAs in a single turn though). CAM?
Either way, OAs suck, especially since I am low on health.
They suuuuuuure do :devil:.[/quote] [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

Riardon steps through the feywild in front of the new enemy. He strikes valiant, but misses.
"Rujah, distract him!"

[sblock=OOC]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2401485/Athletics (1d20+10=17)

Free: Change damage to radiant.
Move: Feystep to H4.
Standard: Steel Monsoon (1d20+9=12, 2d8+5=14) miss :(

I hope wardens can mark non-adjacent foes.

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +3 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon
Perception: 17 Insight: 12 Low-light Vision
AC 19 Fortitude 17 Reflex 16 Will 15
Initiative:
Hit Points: 23 / 39 Bloodied: 19
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Commander's Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 1/2, Aid the Injured, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Theroc

First Post

[sblock=OOC]
I hope wardens can mark non-adjacent foes.

[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
No, we can't. So I have to eat an OA or two just to get close to mark him... yeah... Daily time. Too tired to update tonight, maybe tomorrow or sometime soon, sorry, things hectic around here again.[/sblock]

Remove ads