• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Talon / group tactics]I still would like you to take out the DO at H3. I don't want to eat 2 OA getting adjacent to the big fellow. Though... it sounds like I can't anyway. Dayna has to move, since WD took the other of only two adjacent spots to this monstrosity. And even if she does (after taking 2, maybe 3 OA) we're still stuck between do I as striker or rujah as warden occupy that spot. Maybe I should heal this turn. And next turn WD attacks, shifts back 1, I take his spot and attack, and then next turn we alternate. He does have that radiant sword.... Maybe we should swap weapons, WD.

This is starting to feel like TPK. [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=Talon / group tactics]I still would like you to take out the DO at H3. I don't want to eat 2 OA getting adjacent to the big fellow. Though... it sounds like I can't anyway. Dayna has to move, since WD took the other of only two adjacent spots to this monstrosity. And even if she does (after taking 2, maybe 3 OA) we're still stuck between do I as striker or rujah as warden occupy that spot. Maybe I should heal this turn. And next turn WD attacks, shifts back 1, I take his spot and attack, and then next turn we alternate. He does have that radiant sword.... Maybe we should swap weapons, WD.

This is starting to feel like TPK. [/sblock]

[sblock=group tactics]Swapping Weapons sound wise. Or I could try to push it from the boat first before retreating (opening Shove power). I also have a daily left, that on a hit gives someone an encounter long damage bonus... Should soon invest in a spare reach weapon...[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Talon eliminates the minor threat beside him so that Dayna can move back into its space and away from the larger threat which has appeared.
[sblock=Tactics]Talon has a push power that could shove the big one out of the boat also, but he has to hit first normally before activating it. Luckily, his reach weapon will let him attack from where he is. Took care of one minion for you...[/sblock][sblock=Actions/Stat block]Start= Talon 15/31(bloodied), Dayna 18/30 hps

DC15 Athletics check (1d20+10=16)

Minor= Activate Longtooth Shifting (Gain +2 damage till end of encounter and Regeneration 2 while bloodied.)

Standard= Circling Strike at DO@H3 AC16 (1d20+7=21, 1d10+6=15) Hit and kill DO @H3; Dayna gets a free shift to H3 after the attack (forgot to add +2 to damage from Longtooth Shifting into original roll but included it here. Not that it matters against a minion.)

Move= Dayna moves to H2 (shift if possible).

End= Talon 17/31, Dayna 18/30 hps - Regeneration stops since Talon not bloodied any longer, but +2 to all damage rolls remains.
[sblock=Talon Stat block]Talon- Male Longtooth Shifter Beastmaster Ranger 2
Passive Perception: +14, Passive Insight: +19, Initiative: +4
AC: 17, Fort: 15, Reflex: 15, Will: 14 -- Speed: 6
HP: 17/31, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 8/8
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
:bmelee: Basic Attack: +7 vs AC - +1 Longspear 1d10+4
:bmelee: Basic Attack: +7 vs AC (with reach 3) - +1 Longspear 1d10+4 lightning
:bmelee: Basic Attack: +4 vs Reflex - Savage Rend 1d8+3 and slide target 1 square
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +6 vs AC - Longbow 1d10+3
Powers-
At-Will:
Circling Strike, Predator Strike, Wild Shape, Reach 3 basic attack
Encounter: Longtooth Shifting, Enclose the Prey, Savage Rend
Daily: Partnered Savaging, Longspear Push[/sblock][sblock=Wolf Companion stat block] Dayna - Wolf Companion 2
Passive Perception: +17, Passive Insight: +12
AC: 16, Fort: 14, Reflex: 14, Will: 15 -- Speed: 7
HP: 18/30, Bloodied: 15, Surge Value: 7, Surges left: 2/2
:bmelee: Basic Attack: Bite, +6 vs. AC; 1d8+2 (Dex)
Racial Abilities: Combat Advantage- When a wolf has CA, it gets +2(Wis mod) to damage rolls.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Talon Question / More tactics]
Talon, can you use your move to have the wolf shift again to H2? That gives us more flexability to move around.

I think the daily is the best bet. I suspect we'll be doing a bunch of shifting around. I could just heal up this turn and HQ this turn. Rujah could move up and mark, and then we all shuffle spots. If we swap weapons WD, I would lose +1 to hit (unless I use it as off hand, but I'd have to double check which of my powers use the off-hand). You might not have any prof with my bastard sword though. Still, with the radiant damage bonus might make the most sense to put me up front as striker, with Rujah marking, and you back a bit healing.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=tactics]I think next turn I will take advantage of the fact that we're in boats, and have Fenwick attempt to move the dinghy alongside of this guy. That will at least give us more room to get at him.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
"You will be mine," Jin muttered to the creature, marking it as his prey. "Rujah, take him first, and I shall prepare a mighty blow."

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Second Wind, Hunter's Quarry on big guy.

[sblock=Action Block]
Move: N/A
Standard: second wind. [sblock=ignore]
  • Target: Attack 1 DO F2, Attack 2 DO F0
  • Attack1: 1D20 + 8 => 14 Miss
  • Damage1: N/a
Athletics Check: 1D20 + 9 => 16 [/sblock]

[/sblock][sblock=Jin Stat block]Ashikaga Jin'emon - Male Human Ranger 2
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: +18, Passive Insight: +14
Defenses:
AC: 17, Fort: 16, Reflex: 17, Will: 14 -- Speed: 6

Vitality:
HP: 28/32, Bloodied: 16, Surge Value: 8, Surges left: 5/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: used (DO Encounter)
Languages:
Common, Elven

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +8 vs AC - Acidic Katana 1d10+5
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +7 vs AC - Thrown Dagger 1D4+3

Powers:
At-Will:
Hunter's Quarry, Twin Strike, Shield of Blades, Hit & Run
Encounter: Off-Hand Strike, Acidic Katana Ranged Attack, Unbalancing Parry
Daily: Jaws of the Wolf, Acid Katana Attack

Weapons:
1 Acidic Katana (Acidic Bastard Sword +1 stats)
1 Katana (Bastard Sword stats)
[/sblock]Sorry Guys
[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
So, I'm thinking, Minor action to use daily, Standard for my Second Wind(I don't think I used it yet), and move adjacent to the baddie(Can I charge him?) and then mark him as a free action. At that point he will be pretty stuck to Rujah.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I still cannot post on the weekend. Riardon will attack with his encounter 'Warlord's favor' step aside and don't resist Jin loaning his sword. Minor to heal if someone goes down.[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads