Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Ozymandias79

First Post
[sblock=Rewards]Though it's only been a short stint, I'm going to go ahead and post rewards so we can start fresh:

It's not enough for anyone to level up yet, but please update your CS's XP list accordingly:

1 Month Time XP:

Mervin 125 & 127
Fenwick 145 & 175
Riardon 166 & 233
Jin 166 & 233

2 Flameskull Deathmasters 2 X 400 X 2 = 1600/4 = 400 each

Totals:

Mervin: 525xp and 127gp
Fenwick: 545xp and 175gp
Riardon: 566xp and 233gp
Jin: 566xp and 233gp

Treasure: I’m going to go ahead and let you believe that the items you found are treasure, but in reality, they are consumables that you will find it to your advantage to expend through the course of this adventure. In any case, they are what they are…yours. I’m going old school here.

Ozymandias79: You can see a list of this in EB’s post above.
[/sblock]

I Approve of this and H.M.Gimlord get 2 DM credits

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Judge]Thanks for remembering the DM credits. I keep forgetting this. That's 8 now that I have not exercised yet. 6 from last time and 2 just now. Right?[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=OOC about Jin]I was hoping to play this out better, but so far I think I have just confused everyone. So, perhaps spilling the beans OOC will make the subsequent IC chats more to the point.

I was a bit tired of Jin's lack luster roll history, so I switched PCs over to defender role, with a Swordmage. This makes my historically poor rolling not as big of a deal, and it also evens out the team composition.

In terms of the game, the resurrection spell has revived Jin's body, but with the soul of one of his ancestors, transmitted via his ancient family blade.

Perhaps Mervin's +11 History could come in handy here.
[/sblock]

Jin looked puzzled at the response he got to his questions, and was momentarily distracted by the note and the gold, which also did not help his understanding of things. "Is the Emperor okay?" he asked, looking around, and adding, "...Am I even in the Jade Empire?"

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Honestly I think you did a pretty good job of explaining the body switch; I was just playing along until everyone got a chance to say something. So was your entire death pretty much planned from the start?

I'm happy to take that history roll if HMG thinks it's necessary to roll something. What do we know already about the Jade Empire?[/sblock]
Mervin looks down at the remains of the scroll, then back at Jin, and then at the group. "That was the worst raise dead scroll I have ever seen!"

Sitting calmly next to Jin, Mervin addresses him in a straightforward manner. He seems to have more sympathy for Jin's situation that the group would normally give him credit for. "Well, let's start simply and see how bad this turned out. Do you remember your name? What time period is this? I can tell you that the way you said you died was not the way we saw you die. Do you recall any of us?"

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Planned for a while, indeed. I thought it would be more fun to make it a surprise.[/sblock]
"My Name is...Ashikaga...Gensai," He said, and for a moment, to the others, it sounded like he said Jin. "It is the age of the isles. 307." He said this with confidence, though he was over 100 years off.

"You all look familiar... but like a dream."

evilbob

Explorer
"Ah, good. Well, wrong on all accounts, but I think that's not going to surprise you much. Hmm..." Looking around, Mervin finds a reflective surface. "Does this look familiar?" he asks, holding up a small mirror to Jin.

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"Ashikaga... Gensei... Jade Empire... 307... I think I remember something..." Riardon muses.

[sblock=OOC]

Not approved for 5th level (not needed any longer (seee L4W discussion)).

Shall I include an extended rest in my stats?
-----

History (1d20+12=30)

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 16
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 38 / 49 Bloodied: 24
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 5 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 1/2, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
As Jin stared at the mirror, he looked first confused, then alarmed. His right hand touched his face, if only to confirm that it was really a mirror. "No... I mean... it's not me, but..."

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Shall I include an extended rest in my stats?[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Yes.[/sblock]
"Ashikaga... Gensei... Jade Empire... 307... I think I remember something..." Riardon muses.[sblock=OOC]History (1d20+12=30)[/sblock]
[sblock=Riardon]Riardon remembers discussing dates in the Jade Empire with Jin on Fargo's ship. By Riardon's reckoning, Jin's date is off current time by about 100 years.

The name Ashikaga was also part of Jin's name. This seems to suggest that perhaps Jin is under the impression he is one of his ancestors or a member of his own clan from ages past. The detail involved in Jin's story, however, is not symptomatic of simple delusion.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

As Jin stared at the mirror, he looked first confused, then alarmed. His right hand touched his face, if only to confirm that it was really a mirror. "No... I mean... it's not me, but..."

"... but not completely different? Like a relative? The year would be close to 407 now, for your reconsideration." Riardon says, looking for Ashikaga's reaction.

[sblock=OOC]

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 16
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 49 / 49 Bloodied: 24
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst, Double SW

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads