Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Tenchuu

First Post
"Gods below, 100 years..." Gensai muttered to himself, still looking at the mirror. "I cannot believe I have been dead for 100 years. I cannot believe I live again."

He looked away, pondering the point Riardon made about the body being an ancestors, perhaps. Rairdon? How do I know that name. He has not yet introduced himself, and yet... Yes, that is his name. He struggled to remember more, but the memories seemed locked away, even many of his own from generations ago.

Looking down at himself, the equipment looked familiar enough. It was not his own, but similar in style to his own--only the color was different. There were also two swords. He unsheathed the first blade and inspected it: poor quality. Re-sheathing, he set the blade down on the bed. He repeated this task with the second blade, and his eyes went wide.

"This is my sword. It was my Father's katana before me, and his father's before him, and so on, back many generations. Perhaps you are right, Riardon, that this body belonged to a descendant of mine."

"Every man that is born owes a debt of blood to the gods. I have paid that debt, as has this man Jin. Now I owe a debt to you, for giving me life again. It is a debt I intend to pay."

Gensai stood and latched the sword to his waist. "I do not remember much of my past, but I remember well how to be a retainer. Surely this letter means something to you. Tell me how I can serve."

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Just putting this up with my post to save time for the future.

[sblock=Action Block]
Move: n/a
Minor: n/a
Standard: n/a

• Target:
  • Attack:
  • Damage:
[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 5
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: +12, Passive Insight: +18
Death Penalty: –1 to all attack rolls, skill checks, saving throws, and ability checks. This death penalty fades after reaching two milestones (0/2).

Defenses:

AC: 23, Fort: 16, Reflex: 18, Will: 15 -- Speed: 6

Vitality:
HP: 56/56, Bloodied: 28, Surge Value: 14, Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Languages:
Common, Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +11 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +11 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Fireheart Tattoo AP
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
"Curiouser and curiouser..." Mervin muses as he ponders how exactly that scroll worked.

OOC: What letter?

When Jin is finished, Mervin adds with a smile, "Ah, well great - I know I could certainly use a retainer. Although now that makes two of us who don't really know the full situation here. So, two questions for you: first, do I look familiar to you? I just met your body's previous inhabitant a few hours ago - I wonder as to the extent of any shared memories. And second: what should we call you? I had almost completely learned 'Jin' - I suppose I'll need to start anew?"

Tenchuu

First Post
"Are you the one who has given me life again, or was it Riardon?" Gensai asked. "You... do not look familiar, but I remember little."

The ronin gave thought to his name, and concluded, "Either will do."

ooc: this letter. Remember, he has no idea what's going on.

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
"Gave you life? HA!" Mervin snorts. "I am a magician, not a god. We used a scroll to bring you back - a scroll that seems to have been a bit 'off' in the way it worked. The scroll was written by another wizard - clearly a rather incompetent one - but any of us could have used it. As a simple point of fact, I was the one who did it, but that's not really of consequence. All of us wished you to live again. Either way, it seems we got something a little different than we wished for.

Either name? Excellent: Gin it is! Those named after drinks are much easier to remember,"
Mervin adds with a smile.

"Oh, that letter? It's just a reward for doing good, saving the day, blah blah blah. I'm sure you were a do-gooder in your time so feel free to accept it. If you ever trade bodies back I'm sure the previous occupant would appreciate it. Speaking of which, I guess I'll call that person... Gin Prime!" Mervin looks pleased with himself. "Oh, and I'm Mervin, if you don't recall. I usually don't. That big fellow over there is Fenwick. It's easy enough to remember as he usually talks about himself using his name. And apparently we're on a quest to find a dwarf named Heckler or Hinky or something, although I've honestly no idea why. It probably has something to do with this weird dagger over here, but these two are a bit tight-lipped at times regarding the details. Either way, you may as well come along - maybe it'll help you remember something along the way?" Mervin shrugs. "Honestly I've no clue if it will work, but it can't work any worse than anything else!"

BenBrown

First Post
Fenwick stands there scratching his head, rather baffled by the experience. He keeps looking at the Jadeite, examining him to try to figure out who he is.
"This very confusing," he says after a long pause.

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]When the conversation gets to the point of a decision on the next course of action to be taken, I'll jump in. Until then continue to role-play introductions and the decision making process (or at least the decided action itself).

Possible actions include (but are not limited to):

• Looking for items to purchase in the city
  • Finding the livery where Lars and Hankel hired a coachman
  • Asking around to see what direction they might have gone off in
  • Snooping around to find out more about the town
Of course, I'm also open to any creative decisions you all come up with ;).[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
"Do I? And here I thought you spoke very little."

OOC: And so, back to...

Mervin spreads out all the scrolls on the table in the middle of the room and explains each one in turn, along with the note found with the linked portal scroll. He also tosses down the dagger he uncomfortably discovered.

"So it seems like you'll be wanting to find this dwarf fellow. We can ask the coachman as the watchman suggested, or we can just use this linked portal scroll to go where we know he's headed. May be a dragon between us and him, though.

Anything else we should be doing?"

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"Getting new information seems to be the wisest choice. And finding the coachman sounds more effective than just running around and asking strangers. But I would also like to see a weapon shop." Riardon says.

[sblock=OOC]

SAo, we are now 4 players:

Eladrin Warlord 5
Himan Swordmage 5
Human Wizard 4
Half-Orc Barbarian 4

right?

Would like to buy a magic javelin +1.
How may healing potions has the group? Riardon got 3.

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 16
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 49 / 49 Bloodied: 24
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:11 Surges per day: 8 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst, Double SW

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads