• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Good News]The Raise Dead ritual you have is a ritual scroll:

PHB p299: "A ritual scroll holds one use of a particular ritual. You can perform a scroll's ritual even if you don't have the Ritual Caster feat, regardless of the level of the ritual. You still have to expend the components and supply any focus required by the ritual, and you can enlist your allies' assistance. Once you have finished performing the ritual on a scroll, the scroll turns to dust. If the ritual is interrupted, the scroll remains intact. Time: Casting a ritual from a scroll takes half the time indicated in the ritual's description, since the creation of the scroll has primed the magic."

So you don't have to be 8th level, and you don't need the RC feat. AND (my mistake) you only need 4 hours (not 8).

Yes. The battle is over, and xp will be awarded after you choose and perform your next course of action.[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=raise dead]Ok great, so now all we're missing is 500g's worth of ritual components. Assuming we haven't found them down here, our next course of action should definitely be to just go ahead and rest and then figure out how to acquire the components tomorrow. (If we HAVE found them, I say just go ahead and do the ritual.)

No idea what to do with the body while we rest, but Mervin would definitely assume Jin wouldn't mind being left (dead) in a sewer overnight. We have 30 days to raise the funds so we have plenty of time.

What does everyone else want to do?[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=raise dead]Ok great, so now all we're missing is 500g's worth of ritual components. Assuming we haven't found them down here, our next course of action should definitely be to just go ahead and rest and then figure out how to acquire the components tomorrow. (If we HAVE found them, I say just go ahead and do the ritual.)

No idea what to do with the body while we rest, but Mervin would definitely assume Jin wouldn't mind being left (dead) in a sewer overnight. We have 30 days to raise the funds so we have plenty of time.

What does everyone else want to do?[/sblock]
[sblock=EB]Go back to post #508 (can't link it right now. I'm on my iPhone) in this thread and read the scroll for the raise dead ritual that Roardon found. Also did you wad the spoiler addressed to Mervin in the final status update? There's info In those two places that can help you. [/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Ah ok, thanks for reminding me - it's been a month in real time for something that happened about 18 seconds ago.

So we have a ritual and it only takes 500 gold's worth of anything. Anyone have that kind of cash?

I'm good to just go ahead and raise Jin right now, if everyone thinks that's ok. Fortunately I don't think we need to even make a heal check; I think it just works. We just need to spend the $$ and the 4 hours.

After that I say we move to the inn and rest and then try to remember what we found and what we were doing 18 seconds ago. :)

ps. HMG: Not sure what you meant by "the final status update".[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
As mervin stares in dismay at his fallen friend, he notices the dead man's arm seems to be pointing at the chest, which has some gold coins at the bottom.

:D
[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
Fenwick sputters incoherently for another minute before calming down. He blinks a few times then says "What just happen?"

He looks around, seeing Jin's body. "This a dire occurance," he remarks.

evilbob

Explorer
"It seems like this box contained death and the means to counter-act it," Mervin responds. Finally putting 2 and 2 together, he goes about gathering the gold from the bottom of the box and takes out the scroll they found earlier. "This will take a little while; would you two mind looking out while I perform this? We can reverse those rolls if you'd like of course, but I must confess I'm a horrible guard."

[sblock=ooc]Assuming we're in agreement, Mervin will go ahead and perform the ritual. Anyone else can do it, though.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I think EB is waiting for consentual permission to perform the ritual. I don't think we need to wait for this, so we'll go ahead with Mervin performing RD, and the rest of you taking up vigil, but I would prefer you post you actions, so that Tenchuu knows when to jump in. [/sblock]

Remove ads