• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

BenBrown

First Post
"Fire not currently friend," shouts Fenwick. "Fire normally useful, but not when emanating from skulls." He moves up and smashes the skull that Riardon just hit, sending it reeling. "Fire... kill... argh! Grash klafhath brchth!ar...." he trails off into incoherence, foam flying from his lips as he strikes again, even harder than before. "Achhaarlgl!" he yells triumphantly.[sblock=actions]
Move: to K27
Standard: Shatterbone Strike vs. Flameskull in J28 (1d20+9=22, 2d12.minroll(3)+5=20)

Skull #2 started the round with 109 hp, took 8 from Mervin and 21 from Riardon. Another 20 puts it down to 60, and therefore Fenwick has bloodied it, and so in addition to the -3 to AC it gets until the end of the next turn from Shatterbone Strike, the next attack made against it by Fenwick or an ally gets +3 to attack and damage (yay thaneborn triumph!) so Fenwick will use his AP to try to get this over with sooner.

AP: Swift Panther Rage vs. Flameskull in J28 (1d20+9+3+1=28, 3d12.minroll(3)+5+3=30)[/sblock][sblock=Fenwick stat block]Fenwick Male Orc

Barbarian 4
Initiative: +1, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 11, Senses: Low-light
AC:17, Fort:18, Reflex:14, Will:15
HP:28/49, Bloodied:24, Surge Value:12, Surges left:10/11
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: unused
Powers:Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph,
Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off, Shatterbone Strike
Swift Panther Rage,
Vanguard Execution Axe

Feral Might: When Fenwick bloodies an enemy, the next attack by him
or one of his allies against that enemy gains a +3 bonus to the attack and damage rolls.

Conditions: Swift Panther Rage, +2 to move and can shift 2 squares as a move action.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Typo]In reviewing the Flameskulls actions, I saw yet another mistake I made:

Flameskull at J28 is actually Flameskull 1 (not FS2)
Flameskull at J27 is actually Flameskull 2 (not FS1)

Not sure if this makes any difference, but I figured I'd bring it to everyone's attention. I've corrected the mistake in the original status block[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Hooray for focus fire! :) So that puts it down to 30 HP now - excellent! And Jin can stand up and move without penalty cause it can't take OAs - yay! Things aren't as scary as the beginning of the round! :)[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=HMG]Question: So, as I get up, is there one standing right on top of me? Can I still get up with it there? If not, can I attack from the floor, with some penalty?[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Yeah, I don't have the updates in front of me or anything, but I think you can occupy its square at any time - I mean, it needs to be in your square to attack you. I think it might normally get an OA when you stand, but for sure right now it doesn't. Also I think you can attack it freely from the same square.

It's the same rules as if it were incredibly huge, too.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
Jin coughed blood as he regained consciousness, disoriented, his eyes burning from the smoke and the bright light of the fire. Slowly, he got back to his feet, swatting at the skull.

"Let my father's blade cut you down!" Jin sneered, slicing into the air again, targeting both flaming skulls; but the blood that covered his face blurred his vision, and both of the ronin's attacks missed by inches.

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Stand Up, HQ, Twin Strike, Miss, Miss.

[sblock=Action Block]
Move: Stand up
Minor: HQ on first flameskull Attacked (one in same square)
Standard: Twin Strike
[/sblock][sblock=Jin Stat block]Ashikaga Jin'emon - Male Human Ranger 4
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 14
Defenses:
AC: 17, Fort: 16, Reflex: 17, Will: 14 -- Speed: 6

Vitality:
HP: 9/32, Bloodied: 16, Surge Value: 8, Surges left: 5/6
Action Points: 0, Second Wind: 1
Languages:
Common, Elven

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +8 vs AC - Acidic Katana 1d10+5
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +7 vs AC - Thrown Dagger 1D4+3

Powers:
At-Will:
Hunter's Quarry, Twin Strike, Shield of Blades, Hit & Run
Encounter: Off-Hand Strike, Acidic Katana Ranged Attack, Unbalancing Parry
Daily: Jaws of the Wolf, Acid Katana Attack

Weapons:
1 Acidic Katana (Acidic Bastard Sword +1 stats)
1 Katana (Bastard Sword stats)
[/sblock][/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Wow, man - I know I've had bad droughts before, but I don't think I've seen anyone miss as much as poor Jin. Maybe you should try a different power! :)[/sblock]

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads