• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=delaying]Will delaying even work under the current initiative rules? I'm waiting because everyone gets a +1 to hit until the start of my next turn. I don't particularly want to step into the zone either, but that's not why I'm waiting.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]BB is right. Delaying makes no sense, unless the bad guys get two turns in a row, and then you get two turns in a row. Then everything goes back to normal.

I know I said OK, but I have to admit, I wasn't paying good attention. I'm going to change my mind here.

You can all call Total Defense though. No big difference from delaying as far as BB's bonus is concerned. According to the PHB you would lose the bonus anyway once BB declared his delay.

I don't like the idea of bending time to give players two turns in a row. It doesn't make sense.
[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
[OOC: I think I got thrown off by the Magic Missile discussion...(Just shoot it at the darkness already!), and thought it wasn't my turn or that I'd gone... will post shortly, my apologies.]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=delays and whatnot]I think WD just wanted to delay until after one kobold had gone. This wouldn't really change anything, nor would it allow anyone to go more than once at a time, which I don't even really know how that's possible. Also, the rest of us would just go after the enemy turn like normal.

So basically, nothing changes except WD goes after the channeler. That's it. If that's what he said and he'd still like to do that.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Yeah. I think I see this. I was under the impression that everyone was doing this, and I thought it was pointless.

Thanks for clarifying your understanding of the matter. Now I see that WD was the only one intending to delay.

One unintended consequence is that until WD delays again (essentially losing a turn), he must continue as last in initiative order after the bad guys. This could get confusing since the other players will have to wait for WD to post before they can go.[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
Rujah stepped forward again, heedless of the hazard the kobold placed forth upon the area, slamming his hammer once more uselessly against the dragon's hide.

[sblock]
Move: Step forward to swing at Dragon -A22, I think it is?
Standard: MBA[MENTION=10343]Dragon[/MENTION] 1d20+10=17, 1d10+5=15
Minor: Look epic doing it.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Yeah. I think I see this. I was under the impression that everyone was doing this, and I thought it was pointless.

Thanks for clarifying your understanding of the matter. Now I see that WD was the only one intending to delay.

One unintended consequence is that until WD delays again (essentially losing a turn), he must continue as last in initiative order after the bad guys. This could get confusing since the other players will have to wait for WD to post before they can go.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Oh, the point is to avoid 5 electric damage to nearly all group members...

I just want to act after the channeler's effect subsided, but before the dragon acts. If this isn't possible, we would have to stay back, using our much weaker ranged options (ok, Mervin's is good).
That is maybe not a bad idea. We are still helping the kobolds, but are in much less danger. And if all die, we could try to parlay with the dragon, or fight it. And if they win, we still helped them. But standing both in the tail aura of the dragon and the electric area of the channeler is a no go for Riardon, if you need to roll a 17.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I'm back! I got worried, when I saw two pages of posts, but luckily it was strategy talk, and I didn't miss a round.
[/sblock]"Come on, dragon! What are you waiting for?" Gensai called out, challenging the dragon again. With his sword out in front of him, the Swordmage gripped his weapon tight, readying himself for a counter-attack.

"Where is that fearsome dragon breath of yours!? Attack me, if you are not a coward!"

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
AoS on Dragon, Move, Free: Taunt Dragon a second time, Readied Action: Fey Strike Ranged Attack (only used if channeling shield is triggered--see below).

Trigger (interrupt channeling shield): An attack hits Gensai or Rujah within 10 squares. If it hits both of us, target Rujah with the interrupt.

[sblock=Action Block]
Minor: Aegis of Shielding on Dragon
Move: to D21
Standard: Readied Action: If my channeling shield interrupt is triggered, I will then immediately use my Fey Strike Ranged Attack.
[sblock=ignore]

• Target: Dragon
  • Attack: 1d20+9=24 - 1 =23
  • Damage: 2d10+4=0 fire damage
  • Effect: The creature is marked as if from your Swordmage Aegis power until the end of the encounter. This does not end existing marks placed by your Swordmage Aegis power, and using your Swordmage Aegis power to mark another enemy does not end this mark. Another creature’s mark supersedes this one.
  • Effect 2: Until the end of the encounter, when you reduce the damage the target deals using aegis of shielding, the target takes fire damage equal to the amount of damage your aegis of shielding power prevents.
[/sblock]

[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 5
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: +12, Passive Insight: +18
Death Penalty: –1 to all attack rolls, skill checks, saving throws, and ability checks. This death penalty fades after reaching two milestones (0/2).

Defenses:

AC: 23, Fort: 16, Reflex: 18, Will: 15 -- Speed: 6

Vitality:
HP: 31/56, THP: 3/3 Bloodied: 28, Surge Value: 14, Surges left: 10/11
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: not used
Languages:
Common, Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +12 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +12 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Fireheart Tattoo AP
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Yeah, I'm all for staying back; the dragon can only miss Mervin on a natural 1 and Mervin's tiny auto-damage will take another 20-30 rounds to kill it, so Mervin will be back to total defensing next round. I'm happy to move the sphere wherever is best for the group, but there's not much point in actually attacking. As for the rest of the group, since we're pretty ineffectual here we may just want to get out of the way and deal with whoever is left.[/sblock]

Remove ads