Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=OOC]I don't know if there is a plan, per se, but I know I am going to keep it marked with AoS and try to stay out of the line of fire.
[/sblock]Gensai staggered from the poison, but then his armor triggered a catalyst, changing the lethal poison into a healing boon.

"That's the best you've got, huh?" Gensai called out, mocking the dragon. He stepped back, keeping a safe distance.

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Armor of sudden recovery daily (turns on-going damage into regen for the encounter), AoS on Dragon, Move. I saved vs slow, but I'm not solid on how that after-effect works.

[sblock=Action Block]
Effect: Take 5 damage from ongoing
Standard: Armor of Sudden Recovery Daily: The ongoing damage ends, and Gensai gains regeneration equal to the amount of the ongoing damage until the end of the encounter.
Minor: Aegis of Shielding on Dragon
Move: to F20 (unless it's DT, then F21, or F22).
Save vs Slow: 1d20=15 Saved
[sblock=Ignore]
Standard: Readied Action: If my channeling shield interrupt is triggered, I will then immediately use my Fey Strike Ranged Attack. Target: Dragon
  • Attack: 1d20+9=24 - 1 =23
  • Damage: 2d10+4=0 fire damage
  • Effect: The creature is marked as if from your Swordmage Aegis power until the end of the encounter. This does not end existing marks placed by your Swordmage Aegis power, and using your Swordmage Aegis power to mark another enemy does not end this mark. Another creature’s mark supersedes this one.
  • Effect 2: Until the end of the encounter, when you reduce the damage the target deals using aegis of shielding, the target takes fire damage equal to the amount of damage your aegis of shielding power prevents.
[/sblock]

[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 5
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: +12, Passive Insight: +18
Death Penalty: –1 to all attack rolls, skill checks, saving throws, and ability checks. This death penalty fades after reaching two milestones (0/2).

Defenses:

AC: 23, Fort: 16, Reflex: 18, Will: 15 -- Speed: 6

Vitality:
HP: 14/56, THP: 0/3 Bloodied: 28, Surge Value: 14, Surges left: 10/11
Regen 5
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: not used
Languages:
Common, Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +12 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +12 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Fireheart Tattoo AP
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
Fenwick backs up and charges once again, but this time, the beast's hide is too tough for him.

[sblock=actions]Move: to -D27
Standard: Charge to -A24 Howling Strike (charge) vs. Dragon (1d20+9+1=14)
Free shift back to -B25 from Boots of Adept Charging[/sblock][sblock=Fenwick stat block]Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light
AC:19, Fort:18, Reflex:13, Will:15
HP:33/49, Bloodied:24, Surge Value:12, Surges left:11/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers:Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph,
Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off, Shatterbone Strike
Swift Panther Rage,
Vanguard Execution Axe, Skald's Armor

Feral Might: When Fenwick bloodies an enemy, the next attack by him
or one of his allies against that enemy gains a +3 bonus to the attack and damage rolls. [/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Oops...

Riardon

Riardon takes a step back and a deep breath and lets his cloak's magic help him mending the worst of his wounds.

[sblock=OOC]
Save vs Poison (1d20=16)

move: shift to -20 B
standard: second wind with cloak of walking wounded. Spending 2 HS and gain +2 to all defenses

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 16
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 38 / 49 Bloodied: 24
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 6 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 1/2, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst, Double SW

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
The poison works through Rujah, and he just doesn't have the strength to go further. He falls to the ground for a second time, life slowly draining from him.

The dragon flails in frustration as the kobolds' blows rain down on her from all directions, but the swordmage's taunts are too much. Like a cornered snake, she strikes out at in retaliation,

Hold your tongue mortal germ!

Her voice booms as she rises to her full height, pulling her talons free from their fetters. Stone blocks and mortar go flying once more. Her frame blocks out the sun behind her, and the surrounding tree-tops bend to the wind stirred up by her beating wings. It seems as though the forest comes to life with her energy.

She continues to address Gensai,

You've chosen the wrong friends. Wer Vhisar will not survive. And neither will you!

[sblock=If you know Draconic]Wer Vhisar means, "The Cheater"[/sblock]The confidence in her words seem to demoralize the party. Even the kobolds, who until now have fought with surprising valor, recoil and fall to their knees as her tail knocks them from their feet.

That's right! Bow to me snails! Your master is weak, and he has weakened you. Perhaps if you pledge yourselves to me you might see better days.

[sblock=Theroc]The field did dissipate, but not until the Channeler's turn. On top of that, failing his Font of Life save vs. the poison, Rujah takes 5 damage, and is reduced to 0HP at the beginning of his turn. He still retains his SW, should he be revived.[/sblock][sblock=Actions]Dragon:
Take 11 damage from the sphere
Standard: Frightful Presence
Attacks:
Riardon: 1d20+15=20 vs. Will
Fenwick: 1d20+15=32 vs. Will
Gen: 1d20+15=24 vs. Will
Rujah: 1d20+15=16 vs. Will
Defender1: 1d20+15=35 vs. Will
Defender2: 1d20+15=26 vs. Will
Defender3: 1d20+15=23 vs. Will
Defender4: 1d20+15=31 vs. Will

Defender5: 1d20+15=25 vs. Will
Defender6: 1d20+15=35 vs. Will
Defender9: 1d20+15=31 vs. Will

Channeler: 1d20+15=35 vs. Will

Everyone except Mervin is stunned (because he's out of range :rant:)
Rujah is not stunned. He can't be. He's unconscious :erm:.

Save vs. Immob and -2def: 1d20=13
Breath Weapon Recharge for next turn: 1d6=1 Epic Fail

8 Tail Sweeps:
Defender1: 1d20+15=21 vs. Fortitude for 1d8-2=-1 damage
Defender2: 1d20+15=30 vs. Fortitude for 1d8-2=-1 damage
Defender3: 1d20+15=33 vs. Fortitude for 1d8-2=0 damage
Defender4: 1d20+15=25 vs. Fortitude for 1d8-2=4 damage

Defender5: 1d20+15=31 vs. Fortitude for 1d8-2=3 damage
Defender6: 1d20+15=32 vs. Fortitude for 1d8-2=5 damage
Defender9: 1d20+15=19 vs. Fortitude for 1d8-2=0 damage
Channeler: 1d20+15=31 vs. Fortitude for 1d8-2=1 damage

Dragon Takes 64 Damage

None Shall Pass Recharges:

Defender1: 1d6=3
Defender3: 1d6=2
Defender4: 1d6=1

Channeler:
Save vs. Poison: 1d20=9 Fail
Defender1:
Save vs OG5 Poison: 1d20=17
Defender2:
Save vs OG5 Poison: 1d20=10
Save vs. Dazed: 1d20=3 Fail

Defender3:
Save vs. Dazed: 1d20=1 Epic Fail
Defender9:
Save vs. Dazed: 1d20=18
[/sblock][sblock=Status]Mervin: -H30 28/31 HP 1AP 6/7HS 0SW
Fenwick: -B25 33/49 HP 1AP 11/11HS 1SW Stunned
Riardon: -B20 43/49 HP 1AP 6/8HS 0SW Stunned
Gensai: F20 19/56 HP Bloodied 1AP 11/11HS 0SW Regen 5, Stunned
Rujah: -A22 0/55 HP Unconscious 1AP 11/12 HS1SW, Stunned

Defender1: A22 5/70 Bloodied Stunned, Prone
Defender2:
B22 3/70 Bloodied NSP Charged, Dazed, Stunned, Prone
Defender3: A23 39/70 Stunned, Prone, Dazed
Defender4: B23 47/70 Stunned, Prone
Defender5: -A23 24/70 Bloodied NSP Charged, Stunned, Prone
Defender6: B24 15/70 Bloodied NSP Charged, Stunned, Prone
Defender7: C22 0/70 Dead
Defender8: C20 /70 Dead

Defender9: C23 57/70 NSP Charged, Stunned, Prone
Channeler: C22 32/61 OG5 Poison, Stunned, Prone

Adult Green Dragon: A22-B23 234/630 Bloodied 0AP Marked by Defender2, Imob, -2def (SE)[/sblock] [sblock=Map]
TheForestRoadRound7_1.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]9X
9X
Defender-1.png

Channeler.png

AdultGreenDragon.jpg
[/sblock]
OOC: All,
Only Mervin can take actions this round because he's the only one not stunned. I'll follow up quickly afterward with the next set of actions for the dragon and the kobolds.

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Tenchuu: The kobolds got their turns, but they could take no actions on account of their stunned conditions. All they got to do was take their saves and get knocked prone by the dragon's tail.

Theroc: I thought you used your FoL against the OG5/slowed condition (from the breath weapon) and got a 5 here. That's why I applied the OG5 (taking you from 5 to 0 before your turn begins). Once unconscious, you could take no further actions. I applied the save at the end of your turn to the OG5/slowed condition, and thus you are not taking OG5 anymore.

Were you focusing your FoL on something else?

Last edited:

Theroc

First Post
OOC:
Theroc: I thought you used your FoL against the OG5/slowed condition (from the breath weapon) and got a 5 here. That's why I applied the OG5 (taking you from 5 to 0 before your turn begins). Once unconscious, you could take no further actions. I applied the save at the end of your turn to the OG5/slowed condition, and thus you are not taking OG5 anymore.

Were you focusing your FoL on something else?

OOC: No, you're correct. I didn't know whether or not I could save against the stun while unconscious or not. :p I suppose that'd be pointless even if I could.

Tenchuu

First Post
OOC: Duh! Sorry. Me being stupid. I think I looked up dazed instead of stunned, when I checked the D&DI. My bad.

In that case, don't forget I have 5 regen on my turn. Also, can I still take free actions, or no?

Remove ads