Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=ooc for players]
Why does Mervin always insist on the course of action most lethal to the party? :p
I don't disagree that the Dragon is more likely to kill than at the beginning of the encounter, but just because we had a 0% chance at the start and we have a 1% chance now doesn't mean we should do it. We'll have plenty of time to kill dragons later on. Now that the kobolds can't keep the dragon bound to the ground, it is impossible to win against it.

Don't forget, these kobolds jumped US! and Rujah attacked the dragon first. It's really a misunderstanding, and then terrible decision making on our part thereafter. Speaking both from player and character perspective, it's time to cut losses, eliminate the kobolds, and then try to talk our way out of being eaten by the dragon. It is the only logical thing to do.
[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
[sblock=ooc for players]Don't forget, these kobolds jumped US! and Rujah attacked the dragon first. It's really a misunderstanding, and then terrible decision making on our part thereafter. Speaking both from player and character perspective, it's time to cut losses, eliminate the kobolds, and then try to talk our way out of being eaten by the dragon. It is the only logical thing to do.
[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc for players]The other sensible alternative is running away very fast, which if we knew where we were, I'd recommend.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=ooc for players]
BB, agreed, but I don't think that's an option.

Unless someone disagrees dramatically, I plan to course correct verbally for Mervin's attack and start targeting the kobolds.
[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=ooc for players]
Why does Mervin always insist on the course of action most lethal to the party? :p
I don't disagree that the Dragon is more likely to kill than at the beginning of the encounter, but just because we had a 0% chance at the start and we have a 1% chance now doesn't mean we should do it. We'll have plenty of time to kill dragons later on. Now that the kobolds can't keep the dragon bound to the ground, it is impossible to win against it.

Don't forget, these kobolds jumped US! and Rujah attacked the dragon first. It's really a misunderstanding, and then terrible decision making on our part thereafter. Speaking both from player and character perspective, it's time to cut losses, eliminate the kobolds, and then try to talk our way out of being eaten by the dragon. It is the only logical thing to do.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Actually, Rujah was attacking the Kobolds, he just happened to hit the dragon too, and the dragon took offense, dragged him halfway across the map, and beat the snot out of him. Only THEN did Rujah turn on the dragon.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=HMG]While the AoS from last round didn't prevent any damage, it still grants me 3 THP because the attack didn't include me.[/sblock]
"Master Mervin, these Kobolds have tricked us! The real enemy is on the ground!" Gensai called out, exaggerating a bit, in an attempt to dissuade retribution from the giant beast. "Our truce is over, kobold. Now you have to deal with me!"

Gensai stepped forward and drew his blade, sending a shockwave of energy radiating out. The Kobold Mage let the force brush off it, but the defender took a slamming gale to the gut.

Blood still dripping from his arm, the swordmage held his weapon at the ready. "All roads go through me," he spat.
[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Regen, Shift, AoS on D17 Defender, Swordburst vs Channeler (miss! Hit stolen by the death penality) and E19-Defender (Hit)

[sblock=Action Block]
Effect: 5 regen
Move: shift to F19
Minor: Aegis of Shielding on D17-Defender
Standard: Swordburst vs Channeler, E19-Defender

• Target: Channeler
  • Attack: 1d20+9=18 - 1 =17 Miss
  • Damage: 1d6+6=0 Force Damage
  • Target: E19 Defender
  • Attack: 1d20+9=28 - 1 =27
  • Damage: 1d6+6=12 Force Damage
[/sblock]

[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 5
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: +12, Passive Insight: +18
Death Penalty: –1 to all attack rolls, skill checks, saving throws, and ability checks. This death penalty fades after reaching two milestones (0/2).

Defenses:

AC: 23, Fort: 16, Reflex: 18, Will: 15 -- Speed: 6

Vitality:
HP: 29/56, THP: 3/3 Bloodied: 28, Surge Value: 14, Surges left: 10/11
Regen 5
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: not used
Languages:
Common, Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +12 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +12 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Fireheart Tattoo AP
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=HMG]While the AoS from last round didn't prevent any damage, it still grants me 3 THP because the attack didn't include me.[/sblock]
[sblock=OOC]Too true. I forgot about that affect again. I'd like to say that I thought it was negated by the fact that the dragon's attack not causing damage, but that would mean that I remembered it (which I didn't). Sorry. Status Retconned.

I am, however, remembering your regen, and the fact that the dragon is still under your AoS effect (his mark was not superseded last round).

BTW: Dragon's BW did not recharge.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
"Fenwick now must disappoint kobolds, but truce done now!"

Fenwick steps gingerly over the ruins of the wall, then charges at the kobold he deems most likely to go down with one blow, but alas, the creature, though gravely injured, is too wily to get in the way of such an obvious axe.

[sblock=ooc]Move: to -C21
Standard: Charge to A22, Howling Strike vs. Kobold B22 (1d20+9+1=15)[/sblock][sblock=Fenwick stat block]Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 4
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light
AC:19, Fort:18, Reflex:13, Will:15
HP:33/49, Bloodied:24, Surge Value:12, Surges left:11/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers:Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph,
Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off, Shatterbone Strike
Swift Panther Rage,
Vanguard Execution Axe, Skald's Armor

Feral Might: When Fenwick bloodies an enemy, the next attack by him
or one of his allies against that enemy gains a +3 bonus to the attack and damage rolls.
[/sblock]

Remove ads