Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
Iguyo Di Wer Grovisv is singed by Mervin's sphere, but quickly realizes that it will do more damage to her adversaries, than it will to herself.

She scowls menacingly at one of the dragonkin, sending him scampering up to the top of the rock. So distracted was he that he was unaware of Mervin's flaming sphere just above him. Flames tore at his flesh and baked the clothing from his skin.

The creature howled in rage at the dragon's cunning, "You will not live thieeef! Your mother ssstole from our massster, and you will die!"

The dragon ignores the threat, if it could be truly called that, and focuses on another adjacent kobold, biting him practically in half, but barely living. Poison from the dragon's saliva seeps into the kobold's wound, threatening to finish the job started by the bite.

"Fenwick now must disappoint kobolds, but truce done now!"

"Wha!?" The kobold stumbles back, barely avoiding the blade of Fenwick's mighty axe. He attempts to retaliate against the Orc, but is too shaken from the dragon's show of force only moments ago.

"Fffoool!" a kobold screams from above as Fenwick takes his swipe at his companion, "You will not sssssurvive eeeither, traitor!" He brings his sword down on the barbarian, striking hard. Before Fenwick can react, the assailant descends from the chimney and retreats behind the half-wall, not out of sight or out of reach, though. Fenwick snarls at the kobold as blood pours from the gaping wound caused by the kobold's sword.

The bitten kobold staggers back, weak from the poison working throgh his body, but he needs not wait for it to work, Mervin's ball of flame licks down at him, taking what little remained of his precious life force. The kobold lights up like a torch and emits a blood-curdling shriek as the the flames engulf him.

The kobold on the rock, burned, but still alive, scrambles down to the ground, trailing smoke as he goes. With surprising speed, he circumnavigates the dragon and vainly attempts to hit her from behind. She bats his sword away with her wing.

Wishing to avenge his fallen comrade, the last soldier charges forward, but the dragon knocks his blade wide with her tail.

Unfortunately for the dragon, that maneuver left her wide open for the channeler to deliver a dazzling shock that makes stars dance in front of her eyes.

[sblock=Actions]Dragon:
Takes 12 damage from the flaming sphere
Flyby Attack Recharge (forgot this from last time): 1d6=3 Fail

Minor: Luring Glare
Target: Defender4
Attack: 1d20+15=34 vs. Will Hit!
Effect: Slide Defender4 to D19 (next to sphere)

Standard: Bite Attack
Target: Defender5
Attack: 1d20+15=34 vs. AC for 1d10+6=14 damage Hit!
Effect: OG5 Poison damage
Dragon takes 8 damage from Gensai's Aegis of Shielding

Flyby Attack Recharge for next turn: 1d6=4 Fail!
Breath Weapon Recharge for next turn 1d6=2 Fail!

Defender2:
Standard: None Shall Pass
Target: Fenwick
Attack: 1d20+13=18 vs. AC Miss

None Shall Pass Recharge: 1d6=4 Fail!
Save vs. Dazed: 1d20=5 Fail!

Defender 3:
Standard: None Shall Pass
Target: Fenwick
Attack: 1d20+13=20 vs. AC for 2d8+3=14 damage Hit!
Effect: Fenwick is immobilized and suffers a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of Defender3's next turn.
Minor: Shift down to A23 5 ft elevation
Move: Shift down to A24 ground level

None Shall Pass Recharge: 1d6=3 Fail!

Defender4:
Takes 12 damage from the sphere
Move to D13
Standard: Charge to F16
Target: Dragon
Attack: 1d20+13+1(Charge)+1(FTM)=19 Miss!
Minor: Shift to G16
None Shall Pass Recharge: 1d6=5 Recharged!

Defender5
Takes 12 damage from the sphere and burns to death

Defender9
Move: to B16
Standard: Charge to D16
Attack: 1d20+13+1(Charge)+1(FTM)+2(Flanking)=23 Miss!

Channeler:
Takes 12 damage from the sphere

Standard: Shocking Staff
Attack: 1d20+9+1(FTM)=30 vs. Reflex Critical!
Dragon takes 9 damage
Effect: Dragon is dazed until the channeler's next turn.
Minor: Shift to D18
Move: Shift to C18
Electrify Recharge: 1d6=6
Save vs. OG5: 1d20=20
Man the dude is hot 3 max rolls in the same action!

[/sblock][sblock=Status]Mervin: -H30 28/31 HP 1AP 6/7HS 0SW
Fenwick: A22 19/49 Bloodied HP 1AP 11/11HS 1SW
Riardon: -A21 43/49 HP 1AP 6/8HS 0SW
Gensai: F19 29/56 HP +3 THP 1AP 10/11HS 0SW Regen 5
Rujah: -A22 13/55 HP Bloodied 1AP 10/12 HS 0SW, Prone

Defender1: A22 -7/70 Dead
Defender2:
B22 3/70 Bloodied Dazed
Defender3: A24 39/70
Defender4: G16 35/70 Bloodied
Defender5: D17 -7/70 Dead
Defender6: C22 0/70 Dead
Defender7: C22 0/70 Dead
Defender8: C20 /70 Dead

Defender9: D16 5/70 Bloodied NSP Charged
Channeler: C18 10/61 Bloodied Electrify Charged

Adult Green Dragon: E16-F17 194/630 Bloodied 0AP Marked by Gensai, Dazed[/sblock] [sblock=Map]
TheForestRoadRound9.png
[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]9X
9X
Defender-1.png

Channeler.png

AdultGreenDragon.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tenchuu

First Post
Turning to check on his Allies, Gensai watched as the Kobolds close in on the barbarian. "Fenwick! NO!" He screamed.

[sblock=Interrupt Action]
Interrupt: Dimensional Vortex vs Wil
Target: Defender3
Attack: 1d20+9=10
Effect: Nothing.

Well, that sucks.
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=HMG]BTW, I have 1 less healing surge, from using my second wind. [/sblock]

Another rush of healing energy came from his kimono, revitalizing him. Only dried blood remained now.

"I will return, Great Dragon. I must defend my masters from those who seek your demise!"
Gensai said.
Sword and scabbard in hand, he moved with determination, flanking the kobold in front of Fenwick. "Away from my master!" he said, unleashing a force blast from his ancient Katana. The impact slammed the kobold into the barbarian, and the reptile fell lifeless to the ground.

"You're next!"
he threatened the kobold a few feet away, re-sheathing his sword to the ready position.

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Regen, move, AoS on Defender3, Swordburst vs Defender2 (Hit, and dead).

[sblock=Action Block]
Effect: 5 regen
Move: to C22
Minor: Aegis of Shielding on Defender3 - A24
Standard: Swordburst vs Defender2 - B22

[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 5
Initiative: +2, Passive Perception: +12, Passive Insight: +18
Death Penalty: –1 to all attack rolls, skill checks, saving throws, and ability checks. This death penalty fades after reaching two milestones (0/2).

Defenses:

AC: 23, Fort: 16, Reflex: 18, Will: 15 -- Speed: 6

Vitality:
HP: 34/56, THP: 3/3 Bloodied: 28, Surge Value: 14, Surges left: 10/11
Regen 5
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: not used
Languages:
Common, Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +12 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +12 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Fireheart Tattoo AP
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: The positions on the map do not match the coordinates of the status block. I will post once I'm sure where the enemy is ;). Also Rujah should be prone and used his SW (triggered by Riardon'e Heal check).

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: You are right. Sorry:
The map is correct.

Fenwick is at A22
Riardon is at -A21
Gensai is at F19

Defender4 is at A25
Dedender9 is at D16
Channeler is at E18

All others should be as posted.

You are also right that Rujah is prone. I'm on my iPhone right now. I'll update the status block when I'm back at my laptop.

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I'm also a bit confused on the status/map issue for locations; not that it matters much, as Mervin will just move the sphere to where it can do the most damage. I'm not sure if more than one kobold is standing near each other or not (especially since 2 is dead), but that's where it would probably go.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'm also a bit confused on the status/map issue for locations; not that it matters much, as Mervin will just move the sphere to where it can do the most damage. I'm not sure if more than one kobold is standing near each other or not (especially since 2 is dead), but that's where it would probably go.[/sblock]
[sblock=ooc]You should use it on the channeler, if it does at least 10 damage. If not, 1 of the heavy wounded soldiers. Less enemies = less actions against us. [/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: OK. Status updated and correct. I finally got back to my laptop. Thanks for bearing with me. If you'll notice, the map and the actions were consistent. What happened was that I hit a wrong key halfway through the development of the bad guy's actions and lost the post. When I recreated it, I forgot how much of the status block I had not brought up to date.

@Rujah: Riardon's heal check triggered your Second Wind, giving you 13hp.

Remove ads