• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

evilbob

Explorer
Mervin moves back closer to the battle and positions the flaming sphere to maximize its potential; two kobolds start to burn to death.

[sblock=ooc]minor: sustain sphere

move: move to -E24 (that should help size the map a little too)

standard -> move: move sphere to D17; anything that starts near the sphere takes 10 fire damage

Please note: this means that the channeler and defender 9 are dead as soon as they start their turn. (I'm not sure about the height of the dragon but it may take 10 too if it is close - not too worried either way, it was worth taking out two other guys.)

That leaves only defender 3 and 4 on the kobold side.[/sblock]
[sblock=Mervin ministats]Mervin Male Human Wizard 3
Initiative: +7, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 17, Senses: Normal
AC:19, Fort:13, Reflex:17, Will:15
HP:28/31, Bloodied:15, Surge Value:7, Surges left:6/7
Action Points/Daily Item Uses/Milestones: 0/1/0
Powers:
Phantom Bolt
Winged Horde
Thunderwave
(Wizard cantrips)

Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation
Color Spray
Shield
Staff of Defense
Second Wind
Orb of Nimble Thoughts

Flaming Sphere

Important Stuff:

Conditions:

Full sheet: PC:Mervin (evilbob) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

Riardon throws his javelin at the nearest Kobold, but misses. The magic spear instantly reappears in his hand.

[sblock=OOC]
Javelin Throw (1d20+9=18, 1d6+5=8)

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 18 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 20 Fortitude 18 Reflex 17 Will 16
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 43 / 49 Bloodied: 24
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 0
Healing Surge:12 Surges per day: 6 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 1/2, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
[OOC: Not sure if this works how I think it does or not, but may as well try. Actually, this is assuming there are 4 Kobolds near Rujah... I can't tell which are alive and which are dead. If there is only two, let me know so I can change this... hopefully preserving some of these decent rolls... since I've been all but useless this combat. >.>]

Roused by Riardon's help, Rujah rises once more to fight, hearing that he was to fight the Kobolds, not the dragon. Rujah had no idea why the group kept switching targets, or where the new members of the entourage were, but he knew he was angry, and that he was tired of being kicked around. Inhaling deeply, he let loose his dragon's breath on the nearest kobolds, lightning pouring forth just next to Fenwick as he moved to Fenwick's side, attempting to distract the kobold in melee range of the barbarian, cracking him in the face.

[sblock=Actions]
Minor: Dragon Breath on A24(Close Blast 3) 1d20+6=7, 1d20+6=14, 1d20+6=12, 1d20+6=23, 1d6+3=9 Well, they'll take at least 4 damage if any got hit; Note: I forgot Rujah's +1 for being bloodied, so add one to each attack roll, since I'm pretty sure Rujah's still bloodied. (Can we use the 23? I think that's my second best roll of this encounter... >.>)
Move: Shift to A23
Free: Mark A24
Standard: MBA@A24;1d20+10=26, 1d10+5=7 Holy crap I think I hit something![/sblock]

[OOC: If I can't keep these rolls, just let me know... though I'd love to actually hit for once, rofl.]

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=Theroc]There's only 1 kobold alive near you: the one in A24. (HMG sometimes lights up dead kobolds on the map, and sometimes doesn't. Best to just look at the status block to see who's where.)

I don't think you'd need to change anything about your turn but your move action, however: you could move to -A24 and be just fine.

Well, except that technically, you were down - which means you were probably prone. So you'd probably have to sack your standard action to stand up. Not been following that 100%, though.[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
Having had no luck at hitting kobolds, finding the one right in front of him gone, and still woozy a bit from the last hit, Fenwick takes a second to catch his breath.

[sblock=actions]Standard: second wind.[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Well, if there's only one near me, I wouldn't wanna breath lightning that way. If there's a group of kobolds within range 10 of Rujah, he's gonna launch it THERE, and stand as a move, standard to move adjacent to the kobold, mark him, and swing his mace at it instead... >.>[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=Map Update]To, hopefully, eliminate confusion, I've updated the map and eliminated the dead bodies.

Keep in mind that Mervin's sphere will eliminate D16 and C18 at the beginning of their respective turns.

The dragon is also adjacent to the sphere.

Gensai attack eliminated B22, so that leaves only G16 and A24. That means a breath weapon attack is only good for extra damage.

TheForestRoadRound10.png

[/sblock]

Theroc

First Post
[OOC: In that case, Rujah will move to hit A24 with the MBA(And mark it), rather than hit the already KO'ed Kobold that wasn't even standing. >.> Sorry for the confusion... And nuke it with his breath weapon. Can I pleez haz my good rollz for thees? >.> I roll them so seldom, lol. If I need to reroll, let me know though.]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]To eliminate confusion, I updated the map and cleaned up the dead bodies.

Theroc: Note that next turn, D17 and C18 will be dead due to the flaming sphere.

This leaves only A24 and G16, and, of course, the dragon.

TheForestRoadRound10.png
[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=theroc]I guess it's more of a question of whether or not you'd need to stand, since you can't normally get up, move, and attack in 1 round. Unless you have an action point and you'd like to spend it?[/sblock]
[sblock=hmg]Thanks for the map update! That's awesome![/sblock]

Remove ads