• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: @Tenchuu: Perhaps you should ask Mervin or Riardon
[sblock=Riardon and Mervin roll History, Arcana, and Insight (DC 17)]

[sblock=Insight Success]When the dragon uses the name Shear (pronounced, "Shay-`are") in the same breath as a reference to the portal, your memory is triggered to a small note tucked in the drawer that held the ritual scroll for the portal. You put two and two together, and realize that the name, that you, up to now had thought was pronounced "Sheer" is actually pronounced "Shay-`are", and that this dragon is aware of the portal ritual's author.

You are fairly sure, however, the dragon standing before you is NOT the dragon described by the note.[/sblock][sblock=History Success]You immediately remember the note that was tucked into the drawer containing the portal ritual. Evidently this Shear (pronounced "Shay-`are") is the author of the ritual.

As far as you know, this dragon may or may not be the dragon described by the note.[/sblock][sblock=Arcana]The dragon pronounces Shear's name, "Shay-`are" and you remember a note that was in the same drawer as the portal ritual. Since the signature on the note read "Shear", you surmise that this Shear must be the author of the portal ritual, and therefore a fairly powerful wizard.

As far as you know, this dragon may or may not be the dragon described by the note.[/sblock][/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"Not really an accident, but we have no connection to Shear. We are looking for dwarf merchant and found the ritual to activate this portal. From a note we found, I conclude we have a common enemy, as it seems the dwarf was delivered to your blue dragon enemy." Riardon explains the dragon

[sblock=OOC]

History, Arcana, Insight (1d20+13=29, 1d20+13=29, 1d20+4=23)

-----

Everyone in 20 sq around Riardon gets a +2 to initiative.
When you spend an AP, you get a +1 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 19 Insight: 14 Low-light Vision
AC 21 Fortitude 19 Reflex 18 Will 17
Initiative: +5
Hit Points: 48 / 54 Bloodied: 27
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 0
Healing Surge:13 Surges per day: 6 / 8
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Opening Shove
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 1/2, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Feystep, Rousing Words
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
Mervin reminds the others quietly about the note, which was found near the portal ritual. (He can pass it around to the group if necessary.)

"So Shear didn't send us, no - but us coming through that portal was no accident, and quite fortuitous for you, it seems. Is the wizard your friend, or your enemy? And why do are you so interested in the dwarf?"

OOC: Mervin will spend 1 HS while we talk to go to full, if possible. Also, does anyone have some diplomacy? Might be useful. :)

Walking Dad

First Post
OOC: Riardon is quite sure that the dragon in front of the group is not the dragon from the note. (He can also use an arcana check instead of Diplomacy once per encounter :))

Theroc

First Post
Rujah asked no questions, leaving the form of the Winter's Herald upon himself until the magic slowly wore away, leaving the dragonborn limping and heaving his body... this was certainly the most vicious beating the proud Dragonborn had suffered, and it certainly cut to the quick of his ego. Brought low within seconds, unable to provide substantial aid to his allies. All around a total failure.

[sblock=OOC] Rujah will spend at least two HS's if he can, to get him above bloodied at the least, three probably, I'll have to do the math then, once I'm sure how much HP he has. Oh, H.M.G, I gotta figure out all the links and stuff to get Rujah approved before I can submit his levelup, I think. I hadn't gotten around to it because I wasn't even sure if he'd survive the encounter... and I am rather at a loss to what all I'll need to be linking. I suppose it was just the last thread, but where all in it specifically was a needle in a haystack. Can I link to the thread and not a specific post for that stuff?[/sblock]

Ozymandias79

First Post
[sblock=Rewards Submitted for Approval]I'm going to post experience here, so that I get the whole doubling thing out of the way:

Time XP:
Riardon (Level 5): = (Jul.24-Sept.6 (1.5mos): 249 Sept.7-Oct.4 (29days): 320) =569
Gensai (Level 5): = (Jul.24-Sept.6 (1.5mos): 249 Sept.7-Oct.4 (29days): 320) =569
Fenwick (Level 4): = (Jul.24-Sept.6 (1.5mos): 218 Sept.7-Oct.4 (29days): 280) = 498
Rujah (Level 4): = (Jul.24-Sept.6 (1.5mos): 218 Sept.7-Oct.4 (29days): 280) = 498
Mervin (Level 4 effectively): = (Jul.24-Sept.6 (1.5mos): 218 Sept.7-Oct.4 (29days): 280) = 498

RP Rewards for getting around town = 350*2

Encounter XP for Kobolds and Dragon
9 Defenders = 250X9X2=4500
1 Channeler = 200X2=400
Avoiding the wrath of the dragon (1/4 dragon's XP) = 875*2=1750

That's 1470 a piece.

Totals:
Riardon: 2039
Gensai: 2039
Fenwick: 1968
Rujah: 1968
Mervin: 1968

This should even it out. It brings Mervin, Rujah, and Fenwick to Level 5, while Riardon and Gensai matriculate to Level 6.

Oh, and, of course, 4 DM Credits for me :angel:.

[/sblock]
I approve but please make the xp/reward-post a separate post next time so I don't have edit it, will make approval a lot faster

Ozy79

Tenchuu

First Post
Gensai, for the moment, was satisfied letting his masters do the negotiating. Instead, he decided to let his actions speak for themselves.

With a quick bow the dragon, he turned his attention to Rujah. "Master Rujah, are you okay?"

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Not really an accident, but we have no connection to Shear. We are looking for dwarf merchant and found the ritual to activate this portal. From a note we found, I conclude we have a common enemy, as it seems the dwarf was delivered to your blue dragon enemy."
"Curious...," The great wyrm dons a sarcastic expression, pretending to ponder Riardon's words, "A dwarf you say?...Delivered to Wer Vhisar, by Shear?...hmmmm." She pads over to the portal, sniffing,"I remember when Shear first entered my forest," her voice lowers to a growl, "He came by foot, down that road," she nods her head in the direction of the graveled path to the west, Her eyes become slits, "He flattered me, and asked safe passage, which I gave...for a price. I asked him not to speak with the one they call Walryn,... Wer Vhisar,... The Cheater."

"He promised, but he lied!"
and with the words, '...but he lied!' the dragon's voice builds to a roar. She screams, "He knew about that vile snake! That's who he had come to see in the first place!" poison drips from her jowls, wilting the grass as it puddles at her feet. Her eyes flash green,"That little litch-in-training turned the forest against me, lending his power to the kobolds, binding them to that parasite in dragon's skin!"Her breathing, at first heavy with frustration, ebbs slowly like a runner recovering from a competitive sprint. She huffs and puffs.

M"So Shear didn't send us, no - but us coming through that portal was no accident, and quite fortuitous for you, it seems. Is the wizard your friend, or your enemy? And why do are you so interested in the dwarf?"
Iguyo Di Wer Grovisv looks up,"Yes. I suppose it is fortuitous," she sighs,"Ah yes. Dwarves are a bit of an anomaly in this area of the world. There hasn't been a dwarf on the island of Aleinheist since before I hatched, and the story of the dwarves, well, let's just say I feel sorry for your merchant friend..."she trails off as if in thought.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads