[Adventure]: Land Ho! FWBTHW (DM:H.M.Gimlord,Judge:Ozymandias79)

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

Riardon needs some deep breath, but first he tries to help the wizard fighting the poison. Then he reacts to the swordmage's suggestion. "You are right. We should search this place!"

[sblock=OOC]

5 surges left after healing. Item daily, AP and best Daily used up.

---

6th level HP 25/54

spend 2 healing surges

Have we got a milestone (extra AP)?

-----

When you spend an AP, you get a +2 on attacks.

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Perception: 20 Insight: 15 Low-light Vision
AC 24 Fortitude 22 Reflex 22 Will 19
Initiative: +4
Hit Points: 56 / 59 Bloodied: 28
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist: -
Saving Throw: +5 vs Charm
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:14 Surges per day: 5 / 9
At-Will Powers: Directing Strike, Intuitive Strike
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Lion's Roar, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life
Daily Powers: Calculated Assault, Stand the Fallen, Sunblade Burst

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Dang! Forgot about the poison damage. Technically, that would have KO'ed Mervin before he could act, but for expedience sake, literary flow, and, admittedly, laziness on my part, I'll apply the damage at the end of his turn.

Mervin's Saves:

Save vs. Poison: 1d20+2=17
Just noticed that WD also succeeded on stabilizing Mervin, so the first roll goes toward Poison. Mervin saves at 12HP.

Last edited:

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Yep. In that case, no need to stabilize, and Mervin never collapsed. That's better. I'll give [MENTION=1642]BenBrown[/MENTION] some time to send me his preferences.

Tenchuu

First Post
"Mind the trap this time, Master Riardon."

[sblock=Action Block, Mini-Stats]
Updated Stat Block.

[sblock=Action Block]
Move: N/A
Minor: N/A
Standard: Sword Burst vs

• Target1:
  • Attack1: 1d20+10=
  • Target2:
  • Attack2: 1d20+10=
  • Damage: 1d6+6=
[/sblock][sblock=Gensai Stat block]Ashikaga Gensai - Male Human Swordmage 7
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: +13, Passive Insight: +18

Defenses:

AC: 24, Fort: 18, Reflex: 20, Will: 17 -- Speed: 6
Note: Using Borrowed Cloak of the Walking Wounded +1

Vitality:
HP: 67/68, THP: 0/3 Bloodied: 31, Surge Value: 15, Surges left: 11/11
Action Points: 0/1, Second Wind: not used
Note: Using Borrowed Cloak of the Walking Wounded: Property: If you use your second wind while bloodied, you can expend two healing surges instead of one (gaining hit points from both).

Languages:
Allarian (Common), Primordial

Basic Attacks
:
:bmelee: Basic Melee Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6
:ranged: Ranged Basic Attack: +13 vs AC - Fey Strike Katana 1d8+6 (1x Enc)

Powers:
At-Will:
Sword Burst, Booming Blade, Lightning Lure, Aegis of Shielding, White Lotus Riposte, Boots of the Fencing Master (Move Effect)
Encounter: Sword of Sigils, Dimensional Vortex, Echoes of Sword Magic, Channeling Shield, Fey Strike Ranged Attack, Armathor's Step, Warded Vambraces, Boots of the Fencing Master, Fireheart Tattoo AP,
Daily: Frost Backlash, Swordmage Shielding Fire, Armor of Sudden Recovery, Fey Strike Teleport, Healing Infusion: Resistive Formula

Weapons:
1 Fey Strike Katana (Fey Strike Longsword +1 stats)

Note: Gensai's Iaido-like style is for color purposes only. He is wielding one weapon and his off-hand is free. But, I think my color description makes more sense for swordmage abilities.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"You are, of course, right, Gensai."

[sblock=OOC]

Could we somehow use the furnitures to block the darts path? Not an elegant solution, but maybe worth the trouble.

HMG, did we gain a milestone? Have you seen my item wish above?

-----

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis
Encounter Powers: Inspiring Word 2/2, Battlefront Shift, Arcane Mutterings, Chilling Cloud, Warlords Favor, Steel Monsoon, Lion's Roar, Feystep, Rousing Words, Amulet of Life

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Trap](I think) A dead enemy is on top of the trap. So, don't step on any dead enemies, and I think we are good to go. Also, we could just assume that Gensai does all the searching, since his armor protects from against ongoing damage. My perception isn't the best, but I can turn a room upside down with the best of them.
[/sblock]

"Might be best if I go it alone, while everyone else catches a breather."

BenBrown

First Post
Fenwick winces, and plucks a poison dart out of his shoulder.
"Poison very uncomfortable, but Fenwick concur that shooting darts is best way to poison someone. Fenwick had cousin who tried very different way of poisoning. He take large hunk of elk that start to go bad, and smear it all over with paste made from deadly mushroom, put it out in trap for bear. Bear is not dumb bear, though, and not like smell of rotting elk smeared with deadly mushroom, although when smeared with good mushroom and not rotting, elk very tasty not just for bear but also for members of picturesque ethnic minority of which Fenwick member, and also people not in ethnic group, probably.
"When bear leave aside poisoned meat, cousin not want to waste opportunity, and so grab meat and then put arm around neck of bear and attempt to shove meat down throat. Bear not happy with this and attempt to spit out arm holding meat, but cousin very persistent, and eventually bear get so angry that he bite down and swallow poison and also hand of cousin. Bear then run off, and eventually fall down and die from poison. This take so long that everyone in tribe think that bear meat probably not good to eat, except for cousin who remain in favor of eating bear, but now can not cut meat because left arm missing below elbow. In end nobody eat bear except ants that come and eat everything when moving across countryside. Cousin's hand inside of bear also eaten by ants, so cousin becomes known as guy whose hand was eaten twice!"

[sblock=ooc]Fenwick takes 10 HP damage.
Save vs. Poison (1d20=20)
That puts him at 15 of 55 (prior to level up). 3 surges will bring him to 1 below max, leaving 7 surges remaining.[/sblock][sblock=Fenwick stat block (after level up)]Fenwick Male Orc Barbarian 7
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 13, Passive Insight: 13, Senses: Low-light
AC:20, Fort:19, Reflex:16, Will:16
HP:66/67, Bloodied:33, Surge Value:16, Surges left:7/11
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Howling Strike, Howl of Fury, Giantkind Gloves
Warrior's Surge, Roar of Triumph, Vault the Fallen, Shrug It Off, Shatterbone Strike, Haggle, Curtain of Steel, Giantkind Gloves
Swift Panther Rage, Tiger Claw Rage, Rage Strike x2, Vanguard Execution Axe, Skald's Armor

Feral Might: When Fenwick bloodies an enemy, the next attack by him
or one of his allies against that enemy gains a +3 bonus to the attack and damage rolls.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Riardon

"This is, as always, a very touching story. I think we can all learn something from it... or perhaps not."
Riardon says, not really sure why the half-orc telling this story.

[sblock=OOC]

Great story as always, BenBrown :lol:

-----

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Riardon d'Caelis

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
OOC: Could we somehow use the furnitures to block the darts path? Not an elegant solution, but maybe worth the trouble.
GM: I'm considering this trap defeated
OOC: HMG, did we gain a milestone? Have you seen my item wish above?
GM: Yes. APs for everyone!

Taking advantage of a break in the danger Gensai begins to look through the obliterated study. While many of the items left out in the open have been smashed beyond recognition, the desks, chests, and drawers seem to have remained intact enough to protect their contents.

It doesn't take long for him to discover that as long as the dead kobold is left on top of the dart trap trigger-plate, there is no danger of springing the trap again.
GM: You have 20 minutes before it is certain that you will be found out. You have spent 5 of it recuperating from your wounds.

Rummaging through a drawer, desk, or chest, and identifying, pocketing, and/or using any contents will require 3 minutes of work per person. Thus each person can possibly make five choices through the course of the time.

What you find will depend on which piece of furniture you choose to investigate. Please specify coordinates. Remember. Not all discoveries have to be pleasant :devil:.

After everyone has made a single choice, there will be a cumulative 2/10 chance that you will be discovered early for every round of choices. Thus after the first round, a roll of 1 or 2 on a d10 will indicate that you are discovered. After the second round a roll of 1-4 on a d10 will indicate discovery, etc....

After 15 minutes of searching, you will definitely be found. You can stop at any time and choose your next battleground (in other words: explore the corridors beyond the study), or risk discovery for more goodies.

Good luck.

I would appreciate it if someone else chose for Mervin and Rujah since I'm a little biased :angel:.
[sblock=Status]Ruajah: 60/62 HP 10/12 HS 2AP
Gensai: 61/68 HP 10/11 HS 1AP
Riardon 53/59 HP 5/9 HS 1AP
Fenwick: 63/67 HP 8/11 HS 1AP
Mervin: 40/40 HP 3/8HS 1AP
[/sblock][sblock=Map]
ShearsLibrary20.png
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads