• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure: Long Arm Of Lauto, Obolus. (DM: CaBaNa, Judge: by covaithe

CMoss

First Post
"Well perhaps we should keep moving, the longer we wait the further those thieves get from us" Aurak says

ooc - a healer would be good, but is there anyoen in the tavern?

OOC: healer would be preferable, this was announced as hard adventure. I'm not sure if one is available right now however so we'll need to go and hope our shamaness comes out of her meditations :) Maybe somebody could put a quick priest together and become one of the apprentices?

"Let's see what we can find out in the tunnel. Brother Nerve, what can we expect from the guardian? Do you have any sign of recognition or command to shut it down so he doesn't attack us when we try to return Obolus?"

OOC: I don't ask for healing provisions since we still have a healer IC, there was no mention she went away.

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=A Judge-y comment]
As an FYI, I sent an e-mail to Wynter re: their status as well. No response. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
The apprentices snap their heads back from the door at being addressed, excited whispering comes from the halls, followed by a short You do it, , No, You do it. match. Nerve looks flattered at Cyr's words, Me, shut down The Guardian. No no no... Um... It has some reasoning capacity, even understands our language. Recognizes symbols of Lauto, oh, it's a defensive creature, so it shouldn't just attack you. Eye's squint as Nerve strains his brain, Expect it to be very polite, and to kill you if it believes you're a danger to Obolus. the weak smile on Nerve's face is evidence that he knows how little help he is.

Meanwhile, back in High Priest Belingras office...

Thiz iz vhy I zay, lezz gold upfront, lezz gold on completion. The rude halfling was explaining to his master.

Doing things that way garners poor quality contractors. Belingras was massaging his temples, a sure sign tomorrows sermon was going to be about stress management again.

Zhe can't have gotten far, ve vill find her. I'm not zure if the otherz have notized yet. The halfing scurries out of the room to find the errant Shaman, and the temples 60 gold.

The door gives a soft click as it shuts behind the servant, Your mother was right, this is the only job for you my little halfling friend. says Belingras to the air. First it's just Hoofchew and his small cult, then undead armies forming, demon-gods rising, some of our most sacred artifacts going missing... suddenly Belingras began to shudder, a full realization of the last several months creeping over the elderly High Priest. I'm calling a high council, and bringing in the Reapers. These could all be separate events, unfortunately happening in concert, however... the High Priest looked over the desk full of paper again, each set of notes circled and pointing toward another. Like a trail of breadcrumbs leading to Death-Knows.

CaBaNa

First Post
Echoing footsteps resound off the walls, and the apprentice priests continue their fight.

OOC: I'm not going to say yay, or nay to that question. What I will say, is that the option is open and available. I think everyone has been made fully aware of the possible difficulty of this adventure. It doesn't look like another Leader will be along quickly, I'm trying to recruit a friend for the job, but I'm not sure if he'll actually join or not.

The decision is up to the party.

OOC: Let's go forward. If something comes as too hard, we can (probably) regroup and see if we can garner help of NPC cleric...

Rocco can heal as minor action so we need few healing potions and we're set.

THushman

First Post
"Using the Black Angles is a simple matter in theory, but I'll need the proper components and stars. A fortnight from now the Violet Cluster will be on the northern horizon so the Angles will be more easily accessible.

The Dhole-Ha-Nin Formula will be more than sufficient but I'll need a few things. The blood of a fey, a circle of stones with the proper inscriptions, a rob of copper or orium, and a bonfire...a sizable one. Then we-"

"Actually just do this," said a priest as he walked by, waving his arms in the air in a gesture that looked not unlike a bird flapping its wings.

The deva stared at him blankly for a minute, then repeated the motion once he had walked off. A whirl of color, a crackling of electricity, and the sound of church bell...the portal was unsealed.

"...The Dhole-Ha-Nin formula would have worked too..."

OOC: Once more into the breach, dear friends.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Thnak you, MetaVoid. It's true he can heal as minor, but we don't have extra healing so he can do that ONCE. What then? you all loose standard action to heal without a leader. Or potions.

That said, I'm all for going forward if we get NPC priest or at least one potion each. And I know it's lots of asking esp. if we can get a healer without spending all potions.

thaco

First Post
ooc - I'm fine with moving ahead. It does suck with potions, it takes a minor/minor to pull it out and drink it. Better than nothing though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads