Adventure: Lord Byron's High-Seas High-Stakes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

industrygothica

Adventurer
Carolina remains nestled between the crates, trying to stay hidden.

[sblock=OOC]Is there enough cover there for her stealth check to be of any effect? She'll only get one good dagger-throw out of it, so here's hoping![/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Vacation]
I am on vacation through Sunday. I should be back in action on Sunday or Monday. Hopefully, I can squeeze in another update tomorrow morning, but I'm not sure I will have the time.
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Not a true update]Still waiting on Ryry and R1 for moves. But, so the time during my vacation isn't a complete waste, here's a map update.

Wil would have spotted the enemies at P21, so you get retcon to end the move there if you think that would be in character.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Status]
Wil Rando: M24 40/40 HS 10/10 AP 1 MW 2/2
Hergunna: N9 46/46 HS 9/9 AP 1,
Kane: O13 53/53 THP 0/5 HS 10/10 AP 1,
Kruk: K12 61/61 THP 0/13 HS 12/12 AP 1,
Carolina: U17 39/39 HS 7/7 AP 1

Enemies:
Giant Lizard: H26:I27 69/69
Giant Lizard: I29:J30 69/69
Wyrmwarped Scaleshaper: G25 73/73
Pact-Bound Adept: 58/58
???

[/sblock][sblock=Map]
Byron2-2-3.png

[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
Giant Lizard, Draft
Large natural beast Level 4 Brute
HP 69; Bloodied 34
AC 16; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 13
Speed 7 (swamp walk), climb 2
Bite (standard, at-will)
+7 vs AC; 2d6+4 damage.

Pact-Bound Adept
Small natural humanoid (reptile) Level 6 Artillery (Leader)
HP 58; Bloodied 29
AC 18; Fortitude 17, Reflex 18, Will 20
Resist 5 fire
Speed 6, fly 4 (clumsy)
Quarterstaff (standard, at-will) Weapon
+11 vs AC; 1d8 damage.
Flaming Staff (standard, at-will) Fire, Weapon
Requires quarterstaff ; ranged 10; +13 vs Reflex; 1d6+5 fire damage, and the target takes ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
Fierce Rebuke (immediate reaction, when an enemy moves adjacent to the pact-bound adept, recharge 5,6) Fear
The adept attacks the triggering enemy; +13 vs Will; the target is pushed 3 squares and weakened (save ends).
Dragon's Grace (minor, recharge 5,6)
Ranged 10; one ally gains resist 10 against a damage type of the adept’s choice until the end of the encounter..
Healing Burst (standard, recharge 5,6) Healing
Area burst 2 within 10; allies in the area regain 20 hit points..
Shifty (minor; at-will)
The adept shifts 1 square.
Trap Sense
The adept gains a +2 bonus to all defenses against traps.

Wyrmwarped Scaleshaper
Small aberrant humanoid (reptile) Level 6 Controller (Leader)
HP 73; Bloodied 36
AC 20; Fortitude 18, Reflex 18, Will 17
Speed 6, fly 4 (clumsy)
Claws (standard, at-will)
+11 vs AC; 2d6+3 damage.
Frightful Vision (standard, at-will) Fear, Psychic
Ranged 10; the scaleshaper attacks two different targets; +10 vs Will; 1d8+5 psychic damage, and the target is slowed (save ends).
Unnatural Speed (standard, at-will)
Ranged 10; targets two allies within range, or the scaleshaper and one ally within range; the target gains +4 speed and can shift 2 squares as a minor action until the end of its next turn..
Warped Strength (standard, at-will)
Ranged 10; targets two allies within range, or the scaleshaper and one ally within range; the target gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls with its melee attacks until the end of its next turn..
Shifty (minor; at-will)
The scaleshaper shifts 1 square.
[/sblock]

johnmeier1

Explorer
Wil stops and holds up his hand to halt Kane, then he points around the corner of the building.

[sblock=OOC] Wil would stop at P21 since he has long range weapons and wants Kane to go first [/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
Hergunna-wolf slips up the steps and pads towards the corner of the building near Kruk.

[sblock=ooc]Sorry for the delay. I think Hergunna just moves to J11 (pretending that I don't know about the enemies on the other side... Hergunna just wants to stay near Kruk. :))

Stealth (no mods) (1d20+11=16) - I'm not sure if we're apply mods for moving more than 2 squares or traveler's camouflage so that's just a straight roll. (Crappy roll so maybe it doesn't matter.)
Perception (1d20+11=18) - no better than passive so...

(My Invisible Castle streak of rolls of 10 or less is holding up nicely! I haven't been keeping close track but I'm pretty sure that's at least 8 in a row. :()
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Kane smiles at Wil's signal and begins to move up, then has an idea, not a great one, but he isn't known for his brilliant tactical maneuvering. Spotting a window, the bugbear draws his second weapon and begins running up the stairs, he leaps into the air, and doesn't quite make it, slamming into the wall and falling at the base of the building.

"uhhh....sorry musicman, Kane try be hero... ouch" he says rubbing his head.

[sblock=ooc]
Minor: Draw +1 vanguard axe
Move + standard - move up stairs and execute running jump to dive through window and into the building. athletics (1d20+10=12). Hmmm....maybe he will need to try again... he can jump 10' and he clears 2.5 feet vertically. If that doesn't clear the window (not likely) Kane falls prone and his turn ends..[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
As Kane leapt, he hit the window with his torso, but his legs clipped the wall below. This caused the barbarian to crash through the window, but fall flat almost immediately. His torso teeter-tottered on the broken window frame; luckily his armor protected him from the glass shards. As he wobbled prone in the window, a thrust spear nearly clipped his head.

"Stay away from my children, Demon!" A rugged looking woman wielded the weapon, with two small children behind her.

The commotion alerted the lizards, who looked in the direction of the building. Wil ducked back behind the wall, and it appeared they did not see him, yet.

[sblock=Mechanics]
[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Wil Rando: P21 40/40 HS 10/10 AP 1 MW 2/2
Hergunna: J11 46/46 HS 9/9 AP 1,
Kane: N20 53/53 THP 0/5 HS 10/10 AP 1, Prone
Kruk: K12 61/61 THP 0/13 HS 12/12 AP 1,
Carolina: U17 39/39 HS 7/7 AP 1

Enemies:
Giant Lizard: H26:I27 69/69
Giant Lizard: I29:J30 69/69
Wyrmwarped Scaleshaper: G25 73/73
Pact-Bound Adept: 58/58
???

[/sblock][sblock=Map]
Byron2-2-4.png

[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
Giant Lizard, Draft
Large natural beast Level 4 Brute
HP 69; Bloodied 34
AC 16; Fortitude 18, Reflex 16, Will 13
Speed 7 (swamp walk), climb 2
Bite (standard, at-will)
+7 vs AC; 2d6+4 damage.

Pact-Bound Adept
Small natural humanoid (reptile) Level 6 Artillery (Leader)
HP 58; Bloodied 29
AC 18; Fortitude 17, Reflex 18, Will 20
Resist 5 fire
Speed 6, fly 4 (clumsy)
Quarterstaff (standard, at-will) Weapon
+11 vs AC; 1d8 damage.
Flaming Staff (standard, at-will) Fire, Weapon
Requires quarterstaff ; ranged 10; +13 vs Reflex; 1d6+5 fire damage, and the target takes ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).
Fierce Rebuke (immediate reaction, when an enemy moves adjacent to the pact-bound adept, recharge 5,6) Fear
The adept attacks the triggering enemy; +13 vs Will; the target is pushed 3 squares and weakened (save ends).
Dragon's Grace (minor, recharge 5,6)
Ranged 10; one ally gains resist 10 against a damage type of the adept’s choice until the end of the encounter..
Healing Burst (standard, recharge 5,6) Healing
Area burst 2 within 10; allies in the area regain 20 hit points..
Shifty (minor; at-will)
The adept shifts 1 square.
Trap Sense
The adept gains a +2 bonus to all defenses against traps.

Wyrmwarped Scaleshaper
Small aberrant humanoid (reptile) Level 6 Controller (Leader)
HP 73; Bloodied 36
AC 20; Fortitude 18, Reflex 18, Will 17
Speed 6, fly 4 (clumsy)
Claws (standard, at-will)
+11 vs AC; 2d6+3 damage.
Frightful Vision (standard, at-will) Fear, Psychic
Ranged 10; the scaleshaper attacks two different targets; +10 vs Will; 1d8+5 psychic damage, and the target is slowed (save ends).
Unnatural Speed (standard, at-will)
Ranged 10; targets two allies within range, or the scaleshaper and one ally within range; the target gains +4 speed and can shift 2 squares as a minor action until the end of its next turn..
Warped Strength (standard, at-will)
Ranged 10; targets two allies within range, or the scaleshaper and one ally within range; the target gains a +2 bonus to attack rolls and damage rolls with its melee attacks until the end of its next turn..
Shifty (minor; at-will)
The scaleshaper shifts 1 square.
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"No Demon...I Kane, Mr. Lord Byron says I help him, then peoples no try and kill him... Kane see truth now, no good works to helps people make people stop try and kill Kane for helping. Kane come to window to crush bad guys, but no...lady tries to kill Kane" the bugbear mutters, leaning against the wall for a moment, deciding what to do.

Remove ads