Adventure: Lord Byron's High-Seas High-Stakes (DM: Tenchuu, Judge: H.M.Gimlord)

renau1g

First Post
"Ow...not nice, ok you no listen to Kane, time for some fun" the bugbear says as he climbs to his feet. Unfortunately, the captain is out of reach, but the first mate is next to him.

He slams his axe into the the first mate, but the man stands strong against Kane's assault.

[sblock=ooc]
*Until rage ends when Kane hits with Primal melee power, each enemy adjacent to Kane takes 4 damage.

Move: Stand
Standard: Brutal Slam on 1st mate - Brutal Slam on first mate (vs fort; dmg) (1d20+11=15, 2d12+8=25) ouch... swing and a miss

[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Kane Male Bugbear Barbarian 4
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light
AC:21, Fort:19, Reflex:18, Will:14
HP:38/53, Bloodied:26, Surge Value:13, Surges left:10/10
Action Points: 0
Powers:
Howl of Fury
Whirling Rend

Furious Assault
Hunter's Quarry (Ranger MC)
Whirling Lunge
Whirling Frenzy
Brutal Slam
Shrug it Off

Swift Panther Rage
Rage of the Crimson Hurricane
Vanguard Weapon

Important Stuff:
+1d8 damage when charging (only using the Vanguard weapon though). Cool stuff happens when he bloodies or kills a bad guy

Conditions:

Full sheet: L4W:CS:Kane - L4W Wiki [/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=Thorn Spray]
Okay. This is probably another instance of me not knowing the rules well enough, so I want to check.

Ryry, what's the range of squares affected by your thorn spray? It's a 5x5, right? As I try to work out where the range could be, I think K24 would be left out.

Also, it's -4 to defenses, right? (I think that's better for the players, too)
[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
The bard drew back his bow string and let loose an arrow aimed for the Pirate 1st mate. But as a wave slapped the side of the boat, it threw off the archer's aim, and the arrow sailed wide, nearly clipping Kane instead.

[sblock=Post For Wil]
Move: N/A
Minor: N/A
Standard: Jinx shot vs 1st Mate (since he's already missed several times)
Attack: 1d20+10=11 Epic Miss
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=Thorn Spray]Whoops, you are right Tenchuu, K24 is not in the 5x5 area (with the corner on the captain at H19). My mistake.

You are also right that it should be -4 to defenses. I'll double check my sheet to see if it's wrong, thanks![/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
The Pirate Captain jeered as a second sneak attack hit him. "Damn you, come out and fight me like a man!" He said this not knowing Carolina was indeed a woman.

"I'll be back for you, yet," The 1st mate said to Kruk, unconvincingly.

"Where are you going!?" Bellowed the captain, but the pirate ignored his skipper, gracefully weaving around the captain to move to the other side of Hergunna.

"Move up!" the 1st mate ordered, ignoring the Captain's protest, "Wilem, take the Archer; Quart, flank!"

The Javelin wielding pirate moved up the ship; He drew back and threw the long projectile, striking Wil in the shoulder. The pirate Quartermaster followed suit, stepping up to engage Hergunna. He lifted his morningstar over head and swung down, but the hearty woman dodged the attack.

However, while distracted, the 1st mate stabbed quickly with both blades, landing deep wounds that ran red with blood.

"Very well. We'll finish this one first," The Captain said, irritation still evident in his voice, attacking with his flail, but the chains wrapped around the Druid's totem harmlessly. Despite the miss, the Pirate stood his ground, and Hergunna found herself surrounded by pirates.

The pirate archers unleashed another salvo of crossbow bolts. One found Hergunna, sticking in to her back; one found Kane, piercing a vein in his neck, gushing blood; and one found Kruk, scoring on the upper chest.

[sblock=Mechanics]
Pirate 1st Mate
Recharge Counter: 1d6 = 1
Move: Ignoble Escape (Ends Marked conditions, shift 6).
Shift G20 to H20 to I19 to H18 to G18
Standard: Ready Action: Fencing Strikes vs Hergunna
Trigger: Ally flanks Hergunna

Javelin Dancer
Move: H21 to I20 to I19 to I18 to I17 to H17 to G17
Minor: Draw Javelin
Standard: Javelin Attack vs Wil
Attack: 1d20+12-2=26
Damage: 1d6+3 + 1d6(Skirmish) = 9

Pirate Quartermaster
Move: I21 to H21 to G20
Standard: Morning Star vs Hergunna
Attack: 1d20+14-2=14 Miss

Pirate 1st Mate
Immediate Interrupt: Fencing Strikes vs Hergunna
Attack1: 1d20+11-2+2=25
Attack2: 1d20+11-2+2=18
Damage1: 2d6+5=8
Damage2: 2d4+5=12
CA Damage: 2d6=7

Captain Smargat
Flail Trip Recharge: 1d6=2
Standard: Flail Attack vs Hergunna
Attack: 1d20+13-2=14 Miss

Pirate Archer L21
Standard: Quickshot vs Hergunna and Kruk
Attack Hergunna: 1d20+11-2=18
Damage: 1d8+5=7
Attack Kruk: 1d20+11-2=19 Miss

Pirate Archer K23
Standard: Quickshot vs Kane and Kruk
Attack Kane: 1d20+11-2=10 Miss
Attack Kruk: 1d20+11-2=22 Miss

Pirate Archer K24
Standard: Quickshot vs Kane and Kruk
Attack Kane: 1d20+11-2=26
Damage: 1d8+5=13
Attack Kruk: 1d20+11-2=26
Damage: 1d8+5=13
(Note: Not a goof. Seriously a duplicate roll)

[/sblock][sblock=Status]
Wil Rando: F13 31/40 HS 10/10 AP 1 MW 2/2
Hergunna: G19 5/46 HS 9/9 AP 1, Bloodied
Kane: F19 25/53 HS 10/10 AP 0, Bloodied
Kruk: F20 42/55 HS 11/12 AP 1
Carolina: I12 39/39 HS 7/7 AP 1

Enemies:
Captain Smargat: H19 101/178 AP 1, -4 Def TENT Hergunna
Pirate 1st Mate: G18 29/136 AP 0, Bloodied,
Javelin Dancer: G17 60/70 Jav 2/3, -4 Def TENT Hergunna
Pirate Quartermaster: G20 82/82
Pirate Archer: L21 45/45 Bolts 16/20
Pirate Archer: K23 35/45 Bolts 16/20, -4 Def TENT Hergunna
Pirate Archer: K24 45/45 Bolts 16/20

Thug: G20 0/1 Dead
Thug: I20
0/1 Dead

[/sblock][sblock=map]
Byron2-1-4.png

[/sblock][sblock=Enemies]
Captain Smargat
Medium natural humanoid, human Level 8 Elite Skirmisher
Initiative +9 Senses Perception +6
HP 178; Bloodied 89
AC 22; Fortitude 21, Reflex 20, Will 20
Saving Throws +2
Speed 6
Action Points 1
Flail (standard, at-will) Weapon
+13 vs AC; 1d10+7 damage, and Smargat shifts 1 square. Reach 2.
Flail Trip (standard; requires a flail and combat advantage against the target, recharge 4,5,6 ) Weapon
+11 vs Fortitude; 2d10+7 damage, and Smargat slides the target 1 square and the target falls prone. Smargat shifts 1 square.
Parrying Chains (immediate interrupt, when a melee attack hits or misses smargat; requires two flails, at-will) Weapon
+13 vs AC; 1d10+5 damage, and Smargat gains a +2 bonus to the defense that the triggering attack targeted against the triggering attack.
Whirling Escape (free, when a melee or close attack misses smargat; at-will)
Smargat shifts 1 square.

Pirate 1st Mate (Reskin: Amreth Gaunt)
Medium natural humanoid, human Level 6 Elite Skirmisher (Leader)
Initiative +9 Senses Perception +11
HP 136; Bloodied 68
AC 21; Fortitude 17, Reflex 19, Will 18 ; +2 to all defenses against opportunity attacks
Saving Throws +2
Speed 6
Action Points 1
Short Sword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+11 vs AC; 2d6+5 damage.
Dagger (standard, at-will) Weapon
+11 vs AC; 2d4+5 damage.
Dagger (standard, at-will) Weapon
Ranged 5/10; +11 vs AC; 2d4+5 damage.
Fencing Strikes (standard, at-will) Weapon
Gaunt makes a short sword attack and a dagger attack (melee or ranged), and he shifts 1 square after each attack.
Surprise Counter (immediate interrupt, when hit or missed by a melee attack, recharge 5,6 ) Weapon
Gaunt can shift 1 square before the attack; he gains combat advantage against the target (included in attack and damage); targets the triggering attacker; +13 vs AC; 3d6+4 damage, and the target grants combat advantage until the end of Gaunt’s next turn.
Muddling Slash (standard; requires short sword, encounter) Weapon
+11 vs AC; 2d6+5 damage, and the target is slowed and grants combat advantage (save ends both), and it slides 2 squares.
Blinding Bomb (standard, at-will) Weapon
Area burst 1 within 10; +8 vs Fortitude; the target treats all nonadjacent squares as lightly obscured until the end of Gaunt’s next turn. This attack doesn’t provoke opportunity attacks.
Ignoble Escape (move; encounter)
Gaunt ends any marked condition currently affecting him, and he shifts 6 squares.
Combat Advantage
Gaunt deals 2d6 extra damage when he hits a creature he has combat advantage against.
Quick Draw
Gaunt can draw an item as part of the same action required to use that item.

Pirate Archers (reskin: Chevkos's Crossbowman)
Medium natural humanoid, human Level 4 Artillery
Initiative +6 Senses Perception +4
HP 45; Bloodied 22
AC 16; Fortitude 16, Reflex 18, Will 16
Speed 6
Short Sword (standard, at-will) Weapon
+9 vs AC; 1d6+2 damage.
Crossbow (standard, at-will) Weapon
15/30; +11 vs AC; 1d8+5 damage.
Quick Shot (standard, encounter)
The crossbowman makes crossbow attacks against two different targets.

Pirate Quartermaster (reskin: Waterdeep Street Thug
Medium natural humanoid, human Level 7 Soldier
Initiative +9 Senses Perception +5
HP 82; Bloodied 41
AC 21; Fortitude 19, Reflex 20, Will 17
Speed 6
Morningstar (standard, at-will) Weapon
+14 vs AC; 1d10+5 damage, and target is marked until the end of the thug’s next turn.
Poisoned Dagger (standard, encounter) Poison, Weapon
Ranged 5/10; +14 vs AC; 1d4+6 damage, ongoing 5 poison damage, and the target grants combat advantage (save ends both).
Rattling Smash (standard, encounter) Fear, Weapon
+12 vs Will; 2d10+8 damage, and the target takes a –2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of its next turn. If the target was marked by the tough, the target is also dazed until the end of the tough’s next turn.

Human Javelin Dancer
Medium natural humanoid, human Level 6 Skirmisher
Initiative +8 Senses Perception +4
HP 70; Bloodied 35
AC 21; Fortitude 18, Reflex 19, Will 17
Speed 6
Spear (standard, at-will) Weapon
+11 vs AC; 1d8+3 damage.
Mobile Attack (standard, at-will)
The human javelin dancer shifts 3 squares and makes one spear attack during the move.
Javelin (standard, at-will) Weapon
Ranged 10/20; +12 vs AC; 1d6+3 damage.
Adept Retreat
A human javelin dancer does not grant combat advantage from running.
Skirmish
If a human javelin dancer ends its move at least 4 squares from the square where it started the move, its attacks deal 1d6 extra damage until the start of its next turn.
Notable Equipment: Enduring Beast Armor +1

Thug
Medium natural humanoid, human Level 8 Minion
Initiative +7 Senses Perception +4
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion.
AC 20; Fortitude 20, Reflex 20, Will 19
Speed 6
Morningstar (standard, at-will) Weapon
+11 vs AC; 7 damage.
Beatdown (standard; requires combat advantage, at-will) Weapon
+11 vs AC; 7 damage, and the thug knocks the target prone.
[/sblock][sblock=Notes on enemy interrupts]
Captain Smargat
1. Any melee attack will trigger his Parrying chains ability. Go ahead and roll the attack for this.
2. A missed melee or close attack will trigger his Whirling escape. I will decide if he uses these.

1st Mate
(Currently Not Charged) Any melee attack triggers the surprise counter, if it is charged. Go ahead of roll for this. Don't forget the bonuses to hit and damage for combat advantage.
[/sblock][sblock=Dim Light]
Characters who have normal vision can’t see well in dim light: Creatures in the area have concealment. Characters who have low-light vision or darkvision see normally in dim light.

So, all of the enemies will have -2 to hit everyone else.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] So Virtue of Prescience is used and I missed with a CRIT FAIL (okay, i roll those too) seems fine. Feel free to use Wil's move action for somebody else (Encounter Power to slide 4 squares) Not much internet at all, but hopefully you guys will survive without me.[/sblock]

Tenchuu

First Post
[sblock=actions for Wil]Given the need to use at least 1 encounter power to keep hergunna alive, I appoint R1 to post a turn for Wil, given his lack of internet activity.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
"Hergunna, Stinkbeard, get back, Kane needs room" the bugbear shouts.

[sblock=ooc]
Here's my plan. If Wil heals Hergunna, she can slide 1. If her and Kruk both shift another square away, Kane can shift to G19 and use his whirling frenzy to hit 1st mate, captain and quartermaster. It's a close attack so no triggers unless Kane misses. If Kruk went to G20, that'd set-up a flank, which would be cool. As long as nobodies in a burst 1 Kane can do it, but it's not party-friendly so if not, i'll go with something else. [/sblock]

industrygothica

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]Carolina should be in square I14[/sblock]
Seeing Hergunna in trouble, Carolina switches her target instead to the injured first mate, aiming her dagger at the base of the man's skull. As her blade finds its mark, she returns to her original position behind the first cannon to ensure her position cannot be marked from the blade's origin.
[sblock=Actions]Move: back to I12
Standard: Sly Flourish vs. First Mate; 1d20+12 hits AC 21 for 30 damage (Roll Lookup). That should take care of him... I hope.
Stealth:1d20+12=18
[/sblock]
[sblock=Carolina's stat block]Carolina- Female Halfling Rogue 4
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 11
AC:21, Fort:13, Reflex:19, Will:16 -- Speed:6
HP:39/39, Bloodied:19, Surge Value:9, Surges left:7/7
Initiative +7
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
Powers: Sly Flourish, Deft Strike, Positioning Strike, Nasty Backswing, Blinding Barrage, Adaptable Flanker
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ryryguy

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Fine with me to be slid away by the majestic word.

Also, didn't Kruk have any of those guys who attacked Hergunna marked? Doesn't he get a combat challenge attack, maybe on the first mate when he shifts away from Kruk? Oh I see, he did that ignoble escapes thing. Boooo.[/sblock]

Remove ads