Adventure:-- LPNN (Manzanita Judging)

Bront

The man with the probe
Juliana says "I think a silvered weapon of some kind would be a good idea. I wouldn't mind picking up something with a bit of length to it as well. I have some money I can spend still if needed, and it looks like there are a few things on the stinker over there we can sell. If need be, I can help craft some of these items myself."
Vargo said:
[sblock](muttered)damn 995xp, where's a squirrel when you need 5xp? :p[/sblock]
[sblock]You can always lobby for time experience awards now too, we have been in this adventure over a month

Juliana has a +6 to craft armor, weapons, and bows. If we could spare a bit to get her a set of masterwork tools, that's another +2, so she should be able to craft a few things pretty quickly with little chance of failure.
[/sblock]

two

First Post
[SBLOCK]

From your party's experience making silvered arrows, inspecting them after the battle (seeing how the silver held up or didn't), and Juliana's forging skills, you come to the conclusion that "quick" silver weapons can be relatively easily manufactured by simply coating relevant weapons with a thin layer of silver. This silver wears off every hit and strike, of course; it's temporary, but will last one or two fights at least before the weapon reverts back to "non silver" status.

Required for this are a sufficiently hot flame to melt silver (not that hot) and enough silver to coat relevant weapons.

Roughly:

Small weapons: 5 sp worth.
Arrows/bolt: 1 sp worth.
1 handed weapons: 10 sp worth.
2 handed weapons: 20 sp worth.
[/SBLOCK]

Xael

First Post
"Yes, yes...", Almayce mumbles as he mostly ignores Hallidor's preaching. "Then I guess we should head for Allimon to equip ourselves. Though we should probably rest here first."

[SBLOCK]OOC: I won't have computer access this weekend.[/SBLOCK]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Seeing the two wererats run off into the woods, Razh puts away his crossbow and brushes himself off, inspect the damage as he does so. "Them rat-thingers gave meh a run fer me money. Ah haven' had a battle like tha' in... why, the great Dog 'imself couldn't remember! Hallidor, mate, Ah'm with ye 'til the end. The end o' those beasties on the end o' me axe, eh? Ha harr! Ah'm feelin' better already, and a true dwarf, like meself o' course, can't never back down to a challenge, eh? As fer supplies, I got a fair amount o' money. He jingles a heavy coin purse. "An' if any o' ye need some work done on yer weapons, Ah'll be glad t'finance ye. A bit. Me charity on'y goes so far, got t'make a livin' ye know." Scouring the battle ground he retrieves his three, now empty, potion vials, and pilfers through Stinker's stuff, blanching at the sight of the fingernails. "Bah! Filthy rat don't have hardly nothin' worth takin'! Ah s'pose we'll be usin' the silver, though, looks t'be enough fer one o' me axes, eh Jules? An' the rope migh' come in handy, an' ye know, even lint..." He continues to mumble to himself as his eyes scan the combat area for any other useful remnants.

[sblock]OOC: Razh also leveled up. Level 3, 3135 XP. What are your rules on leveling, as far as timing and HP goes? And he has 272 gold and no silver, he'll donate some to the group cause, but not all of it. For a new healing wand for Almayce, though, he'll spend whatever it takes! I'm still out of town, won't be back 'til Tuesday at least, so this is an exception to the rule. Keep NPCing Razh for me, thanks.[/sblock]

two

First Post
so, what say you?

"So, what do you think? Should we keep on watch until dawn and then make for Allimon?" Hallidor asks to the party in general.

two

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Seeing the two wererats run off into the woods, Razh puts away his crossbow and brushes himself off, inspect the damage as he does so. "Them rat-thingers gave meh a run fer me money. Ah haven' had a battle like tha' in... why, the great Dog 'imself couldn't remember! Hallidor, mate, Ah'm with ye 'til the end. The end o' those beasties on the end o' me axe, eh? Ha harr! Ah'm feelin' better already, and a true dwarf, like meself o' course, can't never back down to a challenge, eh? As fer supplies, I got a fair amount o' money. He jingles a heavy coin purse. "An' if any o' ye need some work done on yer weapons, Ah'll be glad t'finance ye. A bit. Me charity on'y goes so far, got t'make a livin' ye know." Scouring the battle ground he retrieves his three, now empty, potion vials, and pilfers through Stinker's stuff, blanching at the sight of the fingernails. "Bah! Filthy rat don't have hardly nothin' worth takin'! Ah s'pose we'll be usin' the silver, though, looks t'be enough fer one o' me axes, eh Jules? An' the rope migh' come in handy, an' ye know, even lint..." He continues to mumble to himself as his eyes scan the combat area for any other useful remnants.

[sblock]OOC: Razh also leveled up. Level 3, 3135 XP. What are your rules on leveling, as far as timing and HP goes? And he has 272 gold and no silver, he'll donate some to the group cause, but not all of it. For a new healing wand for Almayce, though, he'll spend whatever it takes! I'm still out of town, won't be back 'til Tuesday at least, so this is an exception to the rule. Keep NPCing Razh for me, thanks.[/sblock]

[SBLOCK] Gaining a level happens during a period of quiet and reflection, likely when you reach (if you reach) Hallidor's village.[/SBLOCK]

rln

Explorer
"Aye, we're weary and worn and I doubt we'll find a better spot than this. We should stay put till dawn. And I'm sure we can scrounge up the cash to equip everyone with something that should bite well into the flesh of those ratmen."

Upon hearing how Rasereit healed him, Ogrin walks up to him and says, "Once again you save my life. I hope I won't have to, but if I need to, I'll be there for you... my friend."

"That's a fine wand you have there, Almayce," even though you left me in the dirt for last, "but how much longer will it last? You deserve to be compensated for its use; we'll have to remember that at the end of our travels together.

OOC: [SBLOCK] OOC1: HP is 3/4 of maximum, fractions rounded down. I've sent the request for approval to nimisgod and, umm, whoever watches the other address.

OOC2: I assume it's half price for applying silver to halfling-sized weapons, and that 1sp applies to sling bullets as well (or ½sp in my case)? [/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
two said:
"So, what do you think? Should we keep on watch until dawn and then make for Allimon?" Hallidor asks to the party in general.
"I think a short rest here till daybreak is a good idea, but we should get moving as quickly as we can."

Vargo

First Post
"Agreed. We need to keep the fires burning, as they could still return tonight. Once the sun is up, they can't do a hit and run on us any more; we should be relatively safe until we reach town."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Alrigh', Ah s'pose the verdict is that we're stayin' put fer the night, yeah? If that's the case, Ah'll take the first watch, Ah'm in no mood t'sleep, not after that! So get some sleep, mates, we got a tense night ahead of us. Sleep with yer gear close by, aye?" Razh gathers up his stuff and sheaths all his weapons appropriately. He will patrol the outer edges of the light sources around the rocky hill, looking out into the woods.

Remove ads