• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Adventure:-- LPNN (Manzanita Judging)

Rystil Arden

First Post
"This one requires no more periods of unwatchfulness, so we may aid during all of the watches as desired. However, we request a period of eight hours without heavy physical activity so that we may refresh our reserves of psychic power in preparation for dealing with the rat threat again, if necessary."

Xael

First Post
rln said:
"That's a fine wand you have there, Almayce," even though you left me in the dirt for last, "but how much longer will it last?
"I believe the wand should work for quite a few times still. By my calculations, it's now almost half-empty or a bit over half-full, depending on your point of view.", Almayce says and grins slightly.

"But if Rasereit is taking watch, then I'll try to rest and refresh my spells."

two

First Post
[SBLOCK] Halfling-sized weapons silvered at half-price? Makes sense to me![/SBLOCK]

It is currently 2:30 am, the moon is shining clear but not particularly full. You have plenty of torches other means to to keep multiple fires burning on what I am calling "Boothill," which after all nearly became more than one your graves. All in all, not a bad place to die... but not your time, not yet.

Watches are set, clouds scud, a few frogs croak, and stillness reigns. Hallidor, who was attempting to stay up with the rest of those on watch, discovers (the next morning) that he fell asleep; the accumulated tension of the long battle catching him unawares.

Dawn creeps upon the party slowly, despite your vantage at the top of the low hill... the trees are tall, and the dark only slowly gives way to gleamings, then to a muddy, thick glow, which thins out and brightens. The sun's edge pokes over the surrounding trees. It is morning; those that want to sleep late may sleep later, however, Hallidor make sure to point out that if the party was going to reach Allimon you would have to start travelling by 10 or at most 11 (else risk travelling in the dark).

How late are people sleeping, and when does the party set off?

Vargo

First Post
Vargo greets the rising sun gratefully, glad to have survived the night. As the sun's rays strike him, he feels nature's blessing returned to him after an hour of meditation and thought.

ooc:[sblock]As a druid, Vargo recovers all his spells with the rising of the sun, and an hour of reflection.[/sblock]

Xael

First Post
Almayce rests for 4 hours and then prepares his spells at dawn. He then converts Bless and Inflict Light Wounds to two Cure Light Wounds spells he casts at Rasereit and Ogrin. Rasereit is healed 5 points, and Ogrin 7 points.

[SBLOCK]OOC: Changed spell selections.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

two

First Post
Onward, to Allimon

By 10:45 the party is fed, up and off. Hallidor has made it clear that everyone will have to walk at quite a rapid pace to make it to Allimon before night falls; you will be very tired when you get to the village.

That said, you move off a double-speed. You pass familiar landmarks, cross familiar streams, and re-step upon your own hardly-faded footsteps (though, in reverse).

Lunch is eaten "on the road" and wthout much slowing down.

It grows dim at 7:00, and with one last burst of speed, you make it to Allimon just as night falls.

Allimon looks as follows (see graphic): at least it did during the day, when you passed through the first time.

The only inn around, "The Rovers," is a two-story affair and located roughly in the center of all the town. You can see light shining through the windows, and hear a distant voice, which seems to be singing some song...

Attachments

• allimon.jpg
    allimon.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 106

Bront

The man with the probe
"An Inn, I could go for a warm meal and shelter for the night after last night," Juliana says. "Hallidor, is it safe to assume those rat creatures were involved with your 'friend' we met back at Orussus? If so, we've been followed so far, and will need to be on guard even in the Inn."

Rystil Arden said:
*Zaeryl waits until 10:30, at which point he automatically refreshes his meagre reserve of power. After that, he's ready to go.*
OOC: Juliana is in the same situation, FYI. So her 1 PP has been restored :)

If anyone wants her to make any weapons, please let me know. Juliana would like to aquire a Guisarme, which means she'd like to make it (Will cost 4 gp, 5 sp, 1 craft point, and she can make it by taking a 10, which means she should have it tomorow, if I understand the craft point system). She will help coat weapons in silver as well.

Last edited:

Vargo

First Post
"Agreed, let me talk to the inkeep and see if we can get one of the larger rooms for ourselves. Also, Huln needs some healing - he's still hurt from the fight with the wererat."

OOC: [sblock]Vargo's Diplomacy is +5; he's willing to stand by if somebody is better suited towards negotiations than he is. Also, he'd like to get some silvered toothcaps for Huln, who is currently @ 7/13 HP. Dunno how realistic the idea of silvered toothcaps are, but in keeping with the idea of Vargo being respectful of natural beings, the toothcaps would only be placed on Huln when expecting a combat or during a combat where they were required, as an action.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Glad that he trained himself to move far more quickly than other dwarfs, Razh seems hardly tired at the end of the day. Chalk it up to dwarven stamina. He sees the inn and stops a moment. "Nah that's more like it," he says reverently, and with a salute to Mongrel he dashes for the common room at top speed shouting back, "Drinks on me, mates! Come on, Ogrin, keep up!"

Remove ads