Adventure:-- LPNN (Manzanita Judging)

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Ok, Juliana's sheet and first post have both been updated. She's a bit slower now, but it's hard to add 19 pounds worth of weapons and tools and not be slowed down a bit.

rln

Explorer
OOC: Ogrins sheet is also updated (and the first post will soon be). The level-up was approved a month or so ago. He has purchased alchemical silver coating for his sword, and some alchemical silver bullets. He's all ready to get going.

OOC2: and I've assumed we sold the rapiers in Allimon for half their listed base price, which I believe is all the worthwile party loot we got (though I'm going to go back and verify it).

Last edited:

Manzanita

First Post
off we go

After a few days of work, rest and drinking, the party again sets out, this time for Rangarata, Hallidor's home.

The party travels carefully. Watches are set, campsites chosen for security. Nerves are strained at the site of a rat. But no dangers are encountered, and after a few days, the party is rewarded at the sight of the sun setting over a small villiage set on a curve of the Dettikyll river. Peaceful farms can be seen on each side of the town, and fishermen can be seen on the banks of the river.

Hallidor sighs. "My home. Come. I will take you to meet my parents. We can put you up in our barn."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rasereit Vundinn, Dwarven Barbarian 3

Razh looks incredulous. "Clues? Who needs killin', tha's all Ah need t'know! Le's find us some ratty lookin' buggers an' take their 'eads off. Problem solved, no clues required, eh? Ha harr!" He raises he waraxe and laughs raucously.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well...first of all, they may be able to hide their lycanthropic nature. Secondly, the rats themselves are unlikely to be our Hallidora-killer--they seem more like thugs hired to keep us away from the trail."

Bront

The man with the probe
"I'm all for a home cooked meal, but we must make haste to find out what is happening here as well. Perhaps the parents may have some more insight into this situation." Juliana suggests.

Manzanita

First Post
Hallidor leads the party into the town. Beyond eliciting a few stares, the walk is uneventful. Hallidor's family lives in a large yellow farmhouse a little outside of town, surrounded by wheat fields, gardens, and a pasture for cows, sheep and goats.

Hallidor's mother embraces him when he arrives, weaping. Having lost one child, she's obviously sensitive about the other. The group is offered the barn to stay in while they visit. "We are not large enough for an inn. We could have you put up with various neighbors, separately, for a price if you prefer. But in this nice weather, we can keep the animals outside, put down fresh hay, and I think you would find the barn warm and safe."

"After you unpack, we will call everyone together. You will meetmy parents, Dagmar the maid, and my grandmother Gerpir, who also lives with us."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"What about your sister's room? It should be vacant, no?" Zaeryl ponders, "By the way, with a son and daughter named Hallidor and Hallidora, We would wonder at your parents' names, which were not mentioned."

Remove ads