Adventure:-- LPNN (Manzanita Judging)

Bront

The man with the probe
"I don't think we will all fit in his sister's room, though I was hoping that there might be a bit more privacy here." Juliana says, looking somewhat uneasily at the men in the party. Reluctantly, she finds a more private area in the barn and sets most of her gear down. She still keeps her shord sword and dagger on her belt, but takes off the other weapons.

Manzanita

First Post
Hallidor's mother sniffles. "I haven't touched a thing in Hallidora's room. It is a shrine to her life here with us." Her name is Dora. Her husband's name is Hal. :D

Rystil Arden

First Post
"We did not suggest that you had tampered with evidence. However, we must not ignore the possibility that someone with an ulterior motive could have entered to obscure culpability--after all, it seems that they were able to get in at least the once."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
As they walked, through the town, Razh was belting out a dwarven marching song in his brazen, off-key cement mixer of a voice. He got more than one stare, for sure. He was still singing when they got to Hallidor's yellow farm house, but as soon as his eyes met Dora's, he silenced himself. A sympathetic, almost sad, expression touches Razh's hard features for a moment. He quickly suppresses it.

When the subject of sleeping arrangements comes up, Razh in his thick dwarven accent says, "Bah! Who needs t'sleep inside? Ah'll sit on me arse righ' 'ere on this step if ye need." To prove his point, he puts his pack on the ground and sits down.

Manzanita

First Post
The group sets up camp in the barn, and then reconverges on the house to investigate the crime scene. Hallidor, Hall, Dora, Dagmar and Gerpir are all there. Gerpir seems a bit out of it, humming softly to herself and gazing out the window mostly. Dagmar the maid recounts the story much as Hallidor told the group originally. Then the family's eyes turn towards the group, wondering how to proceed.

Bront

The man with the probe
"Thank you for recounting that story. We should look at the room, and see what we can find." Juliana says in a calm, cool voice.

Vargo

First Post
OOC: Sorry about being away, but I had some issues to take care of on a MUD I'm running. This guy named Gandalf pm'ed an admin, complaining that Balrogs should be out of depth for Moria, even though the FAQ specifically states that one may be encountered near the Bridge of Khazad-Dum. In fact, I'm pretty certain he knew about it, so that peeves me off. Still, one of our best devs brought him on, and so to keep the dev happy, I had to go bring Gandalf's character back and buff him up a little bit. Dunno why I'm bothering, though - every other user that this dev has invited has given up on the main game and is off doing their own thing.

IOW, life has been Interesting, and I just now have time to go back and level up Vargo. Will catch up and see what has been happening in thread.

Bront

The man with the probe
OOC: Juliana is not exactly the investigating type, so feel free for those that are to go in the room and investigate ;)

Manzanita

First Post
The room is small and simple. A single bed is neatly made. Long curtains almost reach the floor in front of the lone window. The window is large and can be opened. A nightstand holds a few books on local history. A closet holds various clothes, some of them quite fancy, that would fit a moderately tall, slim woman.

rln

Explorer
Recounting Dagmars tale, Ogrin examines the window for any signs of forced entry. His expertise in such matters should help him determine where to look and what to look for. He also examines the books, knowing that people tend to hide items of affection in them, or even use them as bookmarks.

Upon seeing the clothes, he raises an eyebrow as they are obviously of better quality than you'd normally expect, and inquires about it. Are there perhaps, something that the parents or Dagmar does not recognize? He also checks for wear and tear.

Later, Ogrin asks the parents and the maid about the people they've heard about so far - Sindri the fiance, Krafia the admirer, Sigurveig the midwife, Tryggvi the bastard and the Conclave, whatever that might be. He is particularly interested in the locations of said people, so that they might be approached for questioning, as well as any connection between them.

Remove ads