(Adventure)M2.5: Irene Alone, again.

Manzanita

First Post
Irene is outpowered by the larger, stronger, humanoid. He twists her arm behind her back and pins her face down on the cot. "No bargains! Tell me now! Who sent you! What are you after!"

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Power" Irene says with a muffled voice. "I couldn't care less from which side that power comes. The others are trying to find some lead to the silver, planted at some merchant named Tensil. He hired us and promised some good reward, so I took the job. Happy now?"
Irene tries to remain quite calm, which is hard with such a brute behind her.

Gurdjieff

First Post
Basicly, yes. She wouldn't want to work for just anybody, but she is true about hunting for power, even if that side doesn't follow all the standard rules. She's hiding the fact that she's after Jezibel as well though.

Manzanita

First Post
"Hmm." The humanoid pauses and gives Irene's answer some thought.

"You might be useful to me yet. I am in need of arcane assistance. And I have access to great power. We will rule all of Monemvassia soon. Your companions must die though. Unless they have already fled. That Tensil, the bastard. How did he find us here?"

"How many companions did you travel with? And what are their professions?"

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Very well" Irene starts, taking a short moment to think. "First of all, there was Nurlan, a bard. His songs inspire many, but his fightingpower is limited. That fightingpower exists in the form of two barbarians, Somac and Tor. Then there's some arcane fire, in the form of Tenebryn and Ashnar. Then there's Rinaldo, some merchant who knows a good deal when he sees one. Last, and possibly most important, Charlarn, a cleric of Pyrah, who has the ability to heal. If these men are encountered, take out the cleric first. Without him, the Mages are much easier to take care of."

Irene gently tries to get up again, if the man behind her lets her. "I could be of assistance, as they are bound to try and rescue me. We could set up an ambush, in which I am willing to fight for your side, but to do that I will need my equipment back, mainly my spellbook."

Manzanita

First Post
"Yes. You will enjoy working for us. My mistress rewards her followers well. We are the ascendent power. Her servents are many, and of many races, though you may be the first of yours. I will bring you to her. You will meet her. You will see."

He releases Irene and takes a step back. He pauses, and in the silence, Irene hears a faint wail start, and some clashing of steel.

"They have come, the fools. Hmmm. And they have an elf..."

He pauses and listens.

Remove ads