(Adventure)M2.5: Irene Alone, again.

Manzanita

First Post
Jezibel

Jezibel smiles a crooked grin. "How do I know I can trust you? That's what makes it fun. But seriously. The goblins are destroyed. No one is paying me now to get destroy the Monemvassia Theives Guild. No one's paying me to do anything. I have no reason to betray you." She pauses and gazes at the wilderness for a passing moment.

"I'm alone now. It's better to be on a team."

Gurdjieff

First Post
"It is..." Irene mutters while pondering what to do. She looks over her shoulder to make sure noone is approaching them, then looks back at Jezibel. "You're right I think. We could get away with just about anything." A smile appears on Irene's face. "I'm not sure if I should stab you now, or hug you, but either way, I think it's best if we meet up again later. The others will be after us shortly, and they'll come search for me again if they don't find me. Besides, I might even get a nice reward for taking down all those goblins. Do you have a place where we can meet up, say in two days, when the sun falls below the horizon?"
Irene starts speaking quickly, wanting to take care of this before the rest of the group catches them.

Manzanita

First Post
Jezibel

"The reward was for the ears, and you got no ears. You got nothing in fact. Those fishmen got everything. No reward is waiting for you in that den of theives, sister. As for tomorrow, I don't know where I'll be but it will be no where around here. It's now or never."

She continues looking back at Irene, but urges her horse to a trot, off the path and towards a row of threes a couple miles off.

Manzanita

First Post
Jezibel slows and allows Irene to catch up. At that point she urges Charlarn's horse on as fast as Orion can go.

"OK, sister, here's what we'll do. I know a rich merchant in Ravenblight. He likes pretty girls like me. Who doesn't? I think he'll like you too. We can stay there a few days. I'll steal some valuables and put the blame on some servent. Then later we can go back again if we need to. We'll use the cash to get some good equipment. Then we'll make a plan. How's that sound?"

Jezibel leads them to the line of trees, which proves to run along a small river. The point where she aims for on the river turns out to be quite shallow. Together they ride through the water of the river for a mile or so, before climbing out and heading North, towards Ravenblight.

At this point, I need to know your desires. Do you want to continue on to play an adventure with Jezibel? Or do you want me to set up a situation where you can try to capture/kill her?

Gurdjieff

First Post
OoC: I've given it a bit of thought (hence the slow reply), and decided that Irene would not forget the backstabbing of Jezibel so quickly. Irene will try to take out Jezibel once the opportunity arrives.

"If you're that sure that'll work, I'm in!" Irene says, and follows Jezibel on their way... for now.

Manzanita

First Post
Jezibel cuts across country now, and the two of them ride until nightfall. Jezibel pauses occationally to get her bearings.

"It was my idea to create a few equipment stashes in the area around the fort. Just in case we were attacked and scattered. I think we can reach one by dark."

Sure enough, as the sun is setting, Jezibel locates a large boulder in a light forest, and digs out a wooden crate. Inside is some food, water, goblin boots, two small shortbows with arrows, 2 small scimitars, a short sword and a battleaxe.

Jezibel slips the shortsword thorugh her empty sheath. "We'll camp here, sister."

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Do you think we'll be safe here?" Irene asks while checking the surrounding area. "What if the group tracks us here? Will we be able to stop them?"

Manzanita

First Post
Jezibel

"Do you have another suggestion? We rode hard and fast and through the river. For all we know, all your comrades were killed by the fishmen, anyway. Besides, I may be able to russle up some allies. Wait here."

At that, she crouches, and sneaks off into the woods.

Remove ads