(Adventure)M2.5: Irene Alone, again.

Manzanita

First Post
Jezibel is gone for some time. Irene, attempting to stay still and hide, finds her head nodding with the weariness of the day.

At last Jezibel reimerges, a scrawny-looking goblin at her heels. "Irene!" She calls, "come on out sister. Here's Farlic. He's on our side."

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Farlic eh" Irene mutters, partially asleep. "Thought you were through with the goblins Jez?"
Irene sighs as she shakes her head and tries to wake up a bit.
"How can I be sure he will be helpful instead of a hassle?"

Manzanita

First Post
Jezible sidles over to Irene. "After tomorrow, I guarentee you won't have to worry." she says softly with a wink.

She then turns to Farlic. "We'll be turning in, now. You guard tonight. You can sleep in the day tomorrow as we plan our next move."

She then makes a bed for herself next to the large rock and curls up.

Gurdjieff

First Post
"Nothing personal Farlic, but I don't like goblins all that much. So if you don't mind, keep away from me a bit, and if I find you closing in on me, I'll make sure this dagger is planted somewhere you don't want it."
Irene takes up her dagger and spellbook, and sits down besides Jezibel. "But now first, I am going to prepare some spells for tomorrow. Don't bother me while doing so, understood?"

[OoC: Preparing spells, and waiting for Jezibel to fall asleep. And any actions taken by Farlic, of course. Also, as Irene hasnt been to the city yet, she still doesnt have her second level spells.

Spells Prepared:
0 (4+1): Detect Magic, Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Prestidigitation, Ghost Sound
1 (3+1): Sleep, Charm Person, Mage Armor, Color Spray
2 (2+1): Spider Climb, Invisibility, Invisibility]

Manzanita

First Post
Jezibel

"Suit yourself, baby." Jezibel mutters. She seems to fall asleep very quickly. Farlic scowls and marches off to sulk by a tree.

Gurdjieff

First Post
When Irene prepares her spells, she takes a look at Farlic. She walks near the goblin, some 20 feet away from him but still in line of sight, and as much distance from Jezibel as possible, and then says:
"I will now cast my protective spell for tomorrow, but I do not want to wake up Jezibel with my chanting. Is that okay?"

Whatever the goblin's reply is, Irene will cast Charm Person on the goblin.

Manzanita

First Post
To be able to cast her new spells, Irene would have to study her spell book and rest 8 hours. Is this not correct? So is she hoping to get her 8 hours of sleep and awake before Jezibel to charm the goblin?

Gurdjieff

First Post
To be even more precise, she has to rest 8 hours _BEFORE_ starting to prepare, something I never new. So Irene doesn't have much choice then resting first, then preparing spells in the morning. Then it will be quite the same idea, Irene will wait for a suitable moment (in other words: Jezibel being distracted) when she will cast her 'protective spell' on Farlic. Sorry for my lack of knowledge on the wizard class :)

Manzanita

First Post
Next day

Irene awakes to find Farlic curled up where he was when Irene fell asleep. Jezibel is already packing up her horse.

"Top o the morning to ya, sister! Ready to ride? We need to get an early start if we're to make Ravenblight by dark."

Gurdjieff

First Post
"I'll need a little bit more time to prepare my spells and eat some breakfast. After yesterday, I'm quite hungry and need to replenish my spells. It won't take very long. Promise.

Irene prepares the spells as stated earlier, after studying and breakfast, she'll evaluate the situation and will either try to charm Farlic or just take out Jezibel.

Remove ads