(Adventure)M2.5: Irene Alone, again.

Manzanita

First Post
"Eh? Tenebryn. Elves are dangerous. They may find the secret doors that could lead them here. Stay here and be patient, little one. We will leave as soon as the caravan returns. I will have gunyon bring you some food and water. Your spell bood will wait. The mistress may want to examine it before it is returned to you. You have made a good choice joining us. Have no regrets."

Irene hears footfalls approach the exit door.

Gurdjieff

First Post
Irene waits patiently, sliding back on the cot. If her new allies might get overrun by the older ones, she doesn't want to get on their bad side; she likes living too much for that.

Manzanita

First Post
The door opens, and Irene's companions appear. Continue posting in the main thread. Unfortunately, I didn't get to find out if Irene would have really done as she said.... Maybe next time. ;)

Manzanita

First Post
...and here it is next time... :)

Irene, leaving Ashnar konked out on the sand, mounts Orion and gallops after Jezibel. (Int check DC 10, DDR: 3+3 fail.) She can't tell who's horse Jezibel mounted.

It soon becomes apparent Jezibel's horse is faster than Irene's pony, and Jezibel pulls out a good lead. Just as Irene is giving up hope, she realizes she's catching up. For whatever reason, Jezibel seems to be slowing down. She's been looking over her shoulder, and probably knows Irene is the only one chasing her.

Manzanita

First Post
Jezibel corners her horse sharply off the path and around a grove of desiduous trees. Irene rounds somewhat cautiously to see that Jezibel has pulled up her horse short. She still appears unarmed, as well as bloodied and bruised and disheveled.

"Irene, sister! Let's talk!"

Manzanita

First Post
Jezibel

Jezibel strokes her horses neck and pats lightly, trying to keep her mount calm. She steers the horse more off the path and closer to the trees, but doesn't dismount.

"Listen, sister, I can't stick around. Who knows who may come barreling up that road. I'm done with them goblins. They're done for, thanks to you lot and those damn fishmen. I'm on me own now." She keeps glancing around warily as she speaks.

"I'm just a girl trying to make her way in a cruel world. I done some bad stuff, but it weren't never easy for me. I had to survive. And I intend to survive. And prosper. Listen. How's about you join me. You can score more gold with me than them do-gooders. I could use a wizard on my side. No one would suspect us. We're a natural team. We look so innocent. We could score big, sister! What do you say?"

Gurdjieff

First Post
Irene strokes Orion while taking a look over her shoulder if noone approaches them. She then looks at Jezibel, and back to Orion.
"So how do I know I can trust you this time. Last time I ended up with a dagger in my back. And that's nothing I'm easily forgetting, sis."

Remove ads