[Adventure] Path of Cold (DM: Velmont, Judge: Ozymandias79)

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] I am only 130gp short of Linked Portal (550/680), but the Component Cost is 135gp and I only have 70gp right now. Let me know how much you can pitch in and I will collect it in the post to archive. Note that to go from permanent portal to permanent portal only costs 85gp. I get two locations from the DM and then we can always travel TO those from anywhere in the world/s for full price or between for reduced rate.[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]I've got 1849 gp left, so between us and Incarnation we should be able to get the ritual and components for a couple castings with gold left over. We've also got that extra 500 gp of residuum that we got with the Raise Dead ritual, though perhaps that's better kept in case someone dies. ;)[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]LS and I can split the diff on the ritual cost and kick 1 one casting each? As for links, Daunton for one of course. And I think if there is one in Valkyr we might need it. ;)[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Mal Malenkirk should be back soon. His internet should have been installed last Friday in his new apartment.[/SBLOCK]

"The four blades? I don't remember any elf linked to any of those sword... until today." he tells, looking at Raiyek. "I am not familiar with all the previous owners of those sword, but the original owners was four Genasi. That was before the Dragonborn took control of the Jade Empire."

Georg and Incarnation starts to look over the sigils while the Warden continue to read the Journal. The two arcanist come to some conclusion after a few hours of study.

First, the sigils are new design, but they include similarities of some known dwarven runes. Some patterns remembered some warding runes, which seems to fit well the purpose of those runes. Some patterns seems to be similar to binding wards. Generally to bound an outsider or a summoned creature. But there is some pattern that seems to fit nothing they knows or the book describe.

Knowing a bit more about the sigils, Georg and Incarnation try to understand the energy patterns that flow around the sigils. As Incarnation try to reach that energy, a flash of colorful light and red flames project Incarnation into the air and fly down a few meters.

Quickly, Hadrak move to Incarnation. The warlock seems to be unconscious but pretty much unharmed.

Georg had the time to see the energy patterns as the flash has happened. The sigils seems to have linked for a very quick moment with Incarnation, but the infernal energy that Incarnation channel seems to have clash with the feywild energy from the sigils.

johnmeier1

Explorer
It seems that our "created" friend may have more to do with this than first thought. He was bound to it by his own word, perhaps that is the key. Georg muses while waiting for Incarnation to awaken.

Nebten

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I can throw in 135 gp if you still need it. [/sblock]

Dane drinks ale as he watches the following procedings. After the knockback, the dwarf remarks, Dat supposed ta happen or he do somethin' wrong?

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=Linked Portal] Okay, purchased with 3 castings:
stonegod Incarnation -485gp
Lord Sessadore Raiyek -485gp
Nebten Dane -135gp

That gives us 3 castings (I used my GP to get more ritual supplies too)

Velmont, I vote for Daunton and then whatever is best for your game as keys known.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]1. Mal Malenkirk still doens't have an internet access finally. We will wait at least for him to return before leaving the Warden's Grove for the next adventure. Anyway, there is a few things to finish to set before going...

2. Linked portal create a temporary portal at the moment of the casting that is linked to a permanent one. That mean you cannot travel where you want unless you know there is a permanent portal and you know the pattern of that portal. It means Linked Portal is a good way back to somewhere, but when you are heading to somewhere new, it is pretty much useless.

For the permanent portal, I am not aware of any, but we can safely assume there is at least 1 you are aware of in Daunton. I wouldn't be surprise there is one in the Inn.

But we will assume there is also on in the Warden's Grove. It hasn't be used for a long time. So whenever you decide to cast that ritual, you can head back to Daunton or the Warden's Grove.[/SBLOCK]

It takes a few minutes before Incarnation wakes up. Incarnation doesn't remember anything of the recent event. The last thing he remember was he was speaking to Georg about the runes about twenty minutes ago.

"I think I might have found something" tells the warden. He takes the paper with the notes and place it over the map. "If I make that piece of paper fit exactly over the map, in whatever position, the small hole land over a blank part of the map, except in this position." He show up how he put it. As he look in the hole, he see a small Y. As he removed the paper, the Y is the conjunction of two rivers on the map. "The map and the note is not Master Estergrin handwriting. I can only guess it is Mauros. He must have send that to Estergrin to show my old master where he could find him. I guess they have met finally. And it seems to be in Valhyr."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Incarnation looks flatly at Dane and Georg as they help him up. Of course, he looks at them flatly all the time, warforged plating being what it was. An interaction? A ward to keep things bound tied with other unknown magic: But what is bound and what is the other? Magic tied to myself, in some manner. He pauses. Nothing is ever clear.

Composing himself, the warforged makes his way over to the Warden, examining the map. It is possible the two met. A location now with the cryptic clue. A journey to the far north. Incarnation does not seem happy about the prospect.

johnmeier1

Explorer
Georg nods at Incarnation's musings but has little to add. I do not wish to pry, but what knowledge of your creation do you have?

At the second comment he brightens a bit. I have examined the portal here and know of one in Daunton, where I purchased a ritual that will allow us to return either to the Grove or the city if needs require. It is not a fast rite, but compared to days or weeks of travel it may as well be instant.

Remove ads