[Adventure] Path of Cold (DM: Velmont, Judge: Ozymandias79)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Georg nods at Incarnation's musings but has little to add. I do not wish to pry, but what knowledge of your creation do you have?
The construct stands stiffly, but responds. None. Whole from the sea I was found, only the mark of the soul to identify me. By Esthanapiros marked, and by the Five drawn. I am tied to them by actions and by... feeling. It is difficult to describe. Were they have walked, I am called. What they have done... I will do, it seems. I am his shadow... or his echo. I cannot say for certain.

Nebten

First Post
I'm like a trip back to Daunton. It'll be easier to refill the ale there then here in the grove.

So what's the deal with sigil-things, da swords and the north? It looks like they don't want to be messed with, but are they something that we should be breaking down?

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek shakes his head briefly. "It is good to see, Dane, that I am not the only one lost in this magical theory." The elf chuckles briefly, smiling to his companions. "But it does seem that a trip to Valhyr is to be our next step. May the gods guard and guide us."

[sblock=OOC]Are we still waiting for renau1g as well? [/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Raiyek shakes his head briefly. "It is good to see, Dane, that I am not the only one lost in this magical theory." The elf chuckles briefly, smiling to his companions. "But it does seem that a trip to Valhyr is to be our next step. May the gods guard and guide us."
Incarnation spies Dane and Raiyek speaking to each other, and overhears the latter's final comment. He turns to address them.

The affairs of magic are... difficult. This is what we know.

As I have explained, I have been created for some sort of purpose, but that purpose is unknown to me, as it the who and how of my creation. By the mark on my head, it is clear that I am tied to the fate of the Five, specifically the Fire Mage Mauros Esthanapiros. For those that fought with me at the battle of the Daunton Operahouse, you know of the Lady of the Winds. She is a seer, and gave me the first hint of my purpose: The the Warden was looking for me.

It appears the Warden was not looking for me specifically, but someone that might know of the wards that keep the wilds of the fey lands from us. It is these wards that the Fire Mage maintained, but he was not their creator. That was his mentor, Arga the Black. But the Warden's Master was in contact with Mauros about these wards. Likely how to maintain them.

They are failing. Should they fail, Daunton is in grave peril.

The Holy Sword is correct: We are drawn to the frozen lands, the only hint left by what seems to Mauros. And by the reaction of the wards that bind and keep the lands separate, I too am tied to this. While I have personal reasons to see this to the end, the larger issues of the wards should concern us all.

OOC: Exposition time! :) Should serve as an intro to the plot for r1 when he returns (current ETA from him is late next week).

renau1g

First Post
Velmont;5593429As he lead Sigarr in a corner of the clearing said:
"What do you see?"[/COLOR]

[SBLOCK=Nature or Arcane 14]You notice runes of nature etched into the ground and trees. There are others of a different kind as well.

[SBLOCK=Nature 19]The runes appear to be those of protection as well as designed to hold something back. [/SBLOCK]

[sblock=History 10]About 50 years ago Arga the black enacted a great ritual to seal off all portals from Arcadia or the Feywild to Daunton, bringing great peace to the island.

[sblock=History 16]For many generations, some say as long as humans were on Daunton, it's great woods were known as being connected to Arcadia. The people of Daunton were not only under constant threat from its strange and powerful creatures.

Even more troublesome however, is that the Savage Land was also connected to Arcadia. The savage goblinoids there had long ago learned how to navigate the Feypaths, using it to raid the Dauntonian settlements.

[sblock=History 21]The Great Seal is easily what Arga the Black is most well known for in Daunton and is often sighted as the reason her statue was erected. It is unknown exactly how she enacted the ritual but documents recall that before she was succesful she had disappeared from Daunton for weeks.

Her seals were said to be permanent at the time.

[sblock=History 26]Arga never actually said she had enacted a permanent solution, only that the people of Daunton were safe for now. It is believed she had some kind of plan for the Seals to stay in place and many believe that involved her famous pupil Mauros Esthanapiros.

Some shifter clans tell tales of a time before other on Daunton, before the planes every began to merge.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Arcana 10]About 50 years ago Arga the black enacted a great ritual to seal off all portals from Arcadia or the Feywild to Daunton, bringing great peace to the island.

[sblock=Arcana 16]Arcadia is one of the closest planes to our own. It is not uncommon for rifts to appear, or bleeding as it often referred to, not just in Daunton but in all the isles.

Daunton seems particularity susceptible to it however, to the point that some Arcanists have concluded their must be some additional influence causing the issue.

Arcadia, of course, is also the home to the original Eladrins and some believe the gnomes as well.

[sblock=Arcana 19] This runes are connected to the Feywild in some way, but are unclear, as if in a new style you have not studied. Likely they are the seals created by Arga fifty years ago.

[sblock=Arcana 21]The Great Ritual of Sealing was of Arga's own creation and a copy of it never resurfaced after her death, to the shock and embarrassment of Dauntonian Librarians.

Many believe Mauros must have inherited it but most of his possessions were lost with him. It is said he had several hidden retreats and laboratories, the most famed one somewhere in Arcadia itself.

[sblock=Arcana 26] Some believe that Arga did not create the Ritual of Sealing at all, only helped to complete it. That might explain why a copy was never found, and why it may be failing now.[/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/sblock][/SBLOCK]

The barbarian appears surprised by the group of individuals, reaching for his weapon at first, but his companion's words put him at ease.

"I see runes, something to do with nature, or maybe of Fjorgyn?" he says, but cannot pierce beyond that, his own distaste for magicks blocking his sight. He looks around uncomfortably and shivers at the feeling in the air.

[sblock=rolls]
nature (1d20+15=16) nice...
history; arcana (1d20+4=9, 1d20+4=9) lol, even better....[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
-=-=-=-=-= Warden's Grove, during the night =-=-=-=-=-

Elinear seems unable to hide some deception. "From what we knows, the Feywild had during a long time been linked to Daunton. Around 50 years ago, Arga the Black would have made a ritual and closed the way between the Feywild and Daunton. These seals is the result of that ritual.

From what I know of your problem, that ritual might help you to free your family and village, or at least prevent your Fey Prince to come back haunt you once you would have free them.

But there is only one problem. That seal starts to fail. We don't know how much time they will hold. My master, the Warden, is coming back from the Jade Kingdom. We have news of his coming tomorrow. He might have some new development about that ritual. I suggest we go take some rest and we met them tomorrow."

On that both goes to a more quieter place nearby the Grove to take some rest.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Sigarr can barely believe the words he's hearing, that there may be a solution to his quest, his failure, at hand. He can barely rest he is so excited and nervous, could this truly be a solution to their plight?

Velmont

First Post
-=-=-=-=-= Warden's Grove, The next morning =-=-=-=-=-

Sigarr wake up and take time to hunt to prepare an early morning meal to make sure to has the energy needed for the day. As he come back to the Grove, he spots a group of people he didn't met the night before talking. As he approach, he hears the Warforged telling his story so an elf in a refined bulky armor.

renau1g

First Post
As if on cue, a large mountain of a man steps from the forest, a blast of winter's air fills the area for a moment as the blue-skinned humanoid steps into the clearing. His long white beard contains snow and frost, despite the temperature outside and a weapon made of pure ice is strapped to his back. The hide of some great bear adorns this giant of a man and tattoos cover his face. He stands nearly eight fall tall and piercing blue eyes glisten with intensity.

The giant straightens himself up and speaks, I am Sigarr, Son of Sigdan, slayer of Ulfdan One-Eye, slayer of the great lindwyrm and Chief of the Varyags. Are one of you the Warden?" he asks, voice booming and tiny condensation clouds emit from his mouth as he speaks, as one would when standing outside on a cold day.

[sblock=Appearance]
Kinda like this, but he's a half-frost giant, so his skin is blue.
Barbarian_medium.jpg
[/sblock]

Remove ads