Adventure: Redblade's Riches!! (Ozymandias79 judging!)

covaithe

Explorer
Quagmire follows Hrav in, slipping past him and pinning the next guard into a vulnerable position. Hrav's rapier flashes again, and the second guard never gets a chance to rise.

[sblock=ooc]Dang. Quagmire can't get to a reasonable place to try the pushing this turn. Maybe next time. I'll try to clear the way a bit instead.

Move: to AI-S
Standard: Commander's strike, Hrav gets a MBA on R2 at +1 to hit and +2 damage: 33 vs AC I certainly hope hits; damage is irrelevant.
[/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
OOC: Kauldron is in a fairly defensible position. So, I will just leave him in the current square.

*Kauldron wandering down the back of the bookshelves spots the three guards and the set of stairs. Looking up the stairs for a moment then over to the closest guard.*

Oh, I see we be interrupting you boys is reading.

*He calls out to the others.*

Lads, we got ourselves a set of stairs back this way and a hadful O'guards back here.

Erekose13

Explorer
ooc: out of action for a couple of days while I get my son enrolled in kindergarten and meet my new nephew and niece. Should be able to post on Friday, NPC me if you need to.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Actions]To busy to post in full detail, but Dang't would try to move to a good position to see at least two and lightning strike them.[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Big apologies for being absent too long. Combination of finally working some 40 hour weeks again on top of acquiring Dragon Age:Origins a few days ago has cut my compy time down. I'll post an update tomorrow morning for sure and use the suggested actions from Erekose and Stonegod unless they post something more specific between now and then.[/sblock]

Erekose13

Explorer
Beyrk slips in past Harv to stand behind Girth and shoots a glance towards the rabble emerging along the wall. With a mocking gesture that most humans would find highly offensive (though whether a goblinoid would is questionable) he laughs. Apparently the rabble is appalled and falls over dead.

[sblock=ooc]
Actions:
Start: n/a
Move: Move to AKS
Standard: misdirected mark vs. R3 ref (1d20+7=26, 1d8+6=13) = dead I believe.
End: n/a

[sblock=stat block]Beyrk Verkunder - Male Hobgoblin Bard 2
Initiative: +3, Passive Perception: 11, Passive Insight: 12, Low-Light Vision
AC: 18, Fort: 15, Reflex: 13, Will: 17 - Speed: 5
HP: 35/35, Bloodied: 17, Surge Value: 8; Surges left: 9/11
Action Points: 1

Powers:
Misdirected Mark
Warsong Strike
Virtue of Valor

Hobgoblin Resilience
Majestic Word 2
Words of Friendship
Shout of Triumph

Slayer's Song
Canon of Avoidance
[/sblock][/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Big apology to all. I was called in to work early yesterday morning and this morning as well. Leaving me with not enough time to do update of the round. I'll try to work it in tonight before bed if at all possible.

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]So sorry for the delay. RL has been a B this week. Between work and car troubles in the later half of the week and spending all yesterday hunting for a new(er) vehicle and buying it as the dealership was closing up at sunset! I'm glad to have finally gotten the time to post. Hope it is worth the wait for all of you still. At least it looks like the MMC might have a bit of a challenge finally... :devil: [/sblock]
The party moves into the room, cutting down the rabble like dead grass as they advance. Dang't misses the first guard he sees down the aisles with his lightning strike.

The other guards move forward and attack with their halberds, striking powerfully from reach, although one of them endangers himself in moving past Kauldron. Sadly, the goblin doesn't capitalize on the moment as his opportunity attack misses. Quagmire is missed by his attacker, while Kauldron takes a hit which bloodies him and knocks him off his feet. Dang't gets stabbed in the belly, a critical strike which leaves him bleeding heavily as he sinks to his knees.

Suddenly, a thunderous blast explodes at Quagmire's feet, engulfing him as well as Dang't and Hrav. All three are hit with force enough to daze them, leaving their ears ringing and stars swimming before their eyes. Quagmire can barely make out the figure of a man standing at the balcony of the second floor on the opposite side of the room from him. (2AI/W) Dang't is near to passing out from the multiple injuries he has sustained.

Your turn...

attachment.php

[sblock=Attacks]Dang't Lightning Strike vs. Guard 1 Reflex 15 (1d20+6=9, 1d8+10=17)

OA at Guard 2 AC18 (1d20+6=16, 1d6+3=6)

G1 vs Quagmire AC20 G2 vs Kauldron AC20 G3 vs Dang't AC15 (1d20+10=13, 1d10+7=9, 1d20+10=20, 1d10+7=15, 1d20+10=30, 1d10+7=14) Miss Quagmire, hit Kauldron for 15 hps, Critical hit on Dang't for 17 hps.

Thunder Burst at Dang't Fort13, Quagmire Fort16, and Hrav Fort17 (1d20+7=26, 1d20+7=19, 1d20+7=19, 1d8+4=11) Hit Dang't, Quagmire, and Hrav for 11 hps each and they are dazed (save ends).[/sblock][sblock=Status]Party current/total HP's, [current/total HS's], conditions (* if already acted)
Hrav: 35/46, [5/8]; Dazed(save ends)
Quagmire: 30/41, [7/9]; Dazed(save ends)
Girth: 45/45, [9/10]
Dang't: 4/32, [7/8]; Bloodied, prone, dazed(save ends)
Beyrk: 35/35, [9/11]
Kauldron: 14/29, [7/12]; Bloodied, prone

Milestones: 2 today (2 AP's awarded)

Enemy current(future)/total HP's/conditions:
Human Rabble 1: 0/1; dead
Human Rabble 2: 0/1; dead
Human Rabble 3: 0/1; dead
Human Guard 1: 47/47; used Powerful Strike
Human Guard 2: 47/47; used Powerful Strike
Human Guard 3: 47/47; used Powerful Strike
Human Mage: 42/42; used Thunder Burst[/sblock][sblock=Enemy Stats]Human Rabble
Perception 10
HP 1; a missed attack never damages a minion
AC 15; Fortitude 13, Reflex 11, Will 11; see also mob rule
:bmelee: Club (Standard, at-will) Weapon
+6 vs Armor Class; 4 damage.
Mob Rule - The human rabble gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses while at least two other human rabble are within 5 squares of it.

Human Guard
Perception 16
HP 47; Bloodied 23
AC 18; Fortitude 16, Reflex 15, Will 14
:bmelee: Halberd (standard; at-will) Weapon: Reach 2; +10 vs. AC; 1d10 + 3 damage, and the target is marked until the end of the human guard’s next turn.
:melee: Powerful Strike (standard; recharge :5::6: ) Weapon: Requires halberd; reach 2; +10 vs. AC; 1d10 + 7 damage, and the target is knocked prone.
:ranged: Crossbow (standard; at-will) Weapon
Ranged 15/30; +9 vs. AC; 1d8 + 2 damage.

Human Mage
Perception +5
HP 42; Bloodied 21
AC 17; Fortitude 13, Refl ex 14, Will 15
:bmelee: Quarterstaff (standard; at-will) ✦ Weapon
+4 vs. AC; 1d8 damage.
:branged: Magic Missile (standard; at-will) ✦ Force
Ranged 20; +7 vs. Refl ex; 2d4 + 4 force damage.
:ranged: Dancing Lightning (standard; encounter) ✦ Lightning
The mage makes a separate attack against 3 diff erent targets:
ranged 10; +7 vs. Refl ex; 1d6 + 4 lightning damage.
:area: Thunder Burst (standard; encounter) ✦ Thunder
Area burst 1 within 10; +7 vs. Fortitude; 1d8 + 4 thunder
damage, and the target is dazed (save ends).

Str 10 (+2) Dex 14 (+4) Wis 17 (+5)
Con 12 (+3) Int 18 (+6) Cha 12 (+3)[/sblock]

Attachments

• RR3 Library 3.JPG
    RR3 Library 3.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 110

The Digger

First Post
Girth glanced around, unable to see who to attack although the noises told him much. The only clear route seemed to be forward and so he took it skipping forward quitely to the end of the row and peering round.

Immediately he caught sight of a friend in need.

“Fix you, Sir. That’s what I am for doing. You not be expecting me, no?” he muttered in an almost gleeful manner before using his most powerful spell on the unsuspecting guardsman.

[sblock=OOC]Move to AKW [/sblock]

Rod in hand the warlock chanted a brief plea to his Mistress, hoping she would be more considerate on this occasion. But even he couldn’t have expected such an exuberant approval. A burst of stellar light erupted around his target almost blinding any who were looking in that direction and indeed pinning the enemy to the spot.

[sblock=Attack]Dread Star +7 vs Will; 20+7=27 CRIT: Roll Lookup Damage (max)3d6+4 = 22 + 1 crit damage Roll Lookup = 23 Radiant damage
The guard is immobilized until the end of Girth’s next turn and takes -2 to Will defence (save ends)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: I'm sorry Digger, but Girth couldn't see the mage from where he is. The bookshelves are floor to ceiling except in the dotted area where the ceiling is missing. He would have to move first to column AJ or AK in either row S or row W to have line of sight to some part of the balcony but it wouldn't be that back corner. That's if you need LOS for such a teleport. Even if you don't, remember that going up the one level would use up two squares of movement (10') of your teleporting distance.

Remove ads